Would You Rather...?

This thread is for a “Would You Rather…?” game, in which you tell us which of the previous poster’s two options you’d rather choose (and explain why), and then choose two of your own for the next poster.

Options should, ideally, be somewhat equally palatable or unpalatable.

I’ll start with a classic one of these.

Would you rather freeze to death, or be burned alive?

Freeze to death, definitely. It would be more gradual and involve getting sleepy, rather than melting.

Would you rather become blind or deaf?

Would you rather become blind or deaf?

Deaf, and again an easy choice, as blind would mean I would have to alter everything about my life, whereas deaf, I’d just have to learn not to be paranoid that people were talking about me behind my back.

It’s July. Would you rather vacation (with your significant other) on the seashore, or in the mountains near a lake?

Mountains. I hate crowds and nobody likes walking up a steep hill. That includes me, but hey, nobody to bother me about how loud I’m cussing.

Would you rather eat the exact same thing, every day for every meal for the rest of your life ; or eat a new but disgusting thing each time ?

I’d rather eat the same thing every day forever, because I don’t think I’d ever get tired if crabs.

Would you rather, when you’re old and alone, rekindle a romance with your first love or find someone new?

Would you rather, when you’re old and alone, rekindle a romance with your first love or find someone new?

I’d rather find someone new. My first love is now a psychiatrist who happens be one of the main “Truthers.”(you know, 9/11 was a conspiracy) She still looks great, but she’s more than a little nutty. I’ll find someone new and tell her what a great baseball player I was back in High School. Ignorance is bliss.

Would you rather be liked for your intellect or your sense of humor?

Sense of humor. I find that helps to reach my students more than pure instructional vigor.

Wildly happy, yet alone and celibate all your life, or

Married (committed to someone else), a contented relationship, but nothing spectacular.

Rather be in a committed meh relationship

WYR

Die famous with a poor reputation, only to be vindicated in the future

OR

Have a perfectly average reputation, but be forgotten to history

Die famous with a poor reputation, only to be vindicated in the future. Even if I’m not vindicated, at least I’ll still be remembered.

Would you rather:

Take a cross-country road trip with someone you absolutely despise,

OR

be trapped in a 90 degree elevator, for an indefinite amount of time, with someone you like.

Take the cross-country trip. I get claustrophobic, and being stuck in a 90 degree elevator would be hell - no matter who was with me.

Assume you won the $400 million powerball jackpot. Would you rather get the lump sum payout, or get yearly allotments of your money for the rest of your life?

Yearly allotments.

Would you rather fight a tiger barehanded to the death or an elephant?

Would you rather fight a tiger barehanded to the death or an elephant?

Bring on the Elephant.
I wouldn’t have a chance against a fast, nimble tiger, but if I could avoid getting stomped on I could get to the side and maybe kick the elephant in the nuts. One shot is better than no shot.

Would you rather get caught cheating on your spouse or catch him/her cheating on you?

Catch him cheating on me. Because that way, you either dump him/her, or you have something to hold over them in any future argument. :cool:

Would you rather, swim five laps in either…

A) a pool full of soft butter?
B) a pool full of ketchup?
c) a pool full of vinegar?

Butter, after my swim I can lay out and get a tan

WYR

Take the fall for another person’s misdemeanor

OR

Get away with a felony

Get away with a felony

WYR

Win the Powerball Lottery…let’s say, $100M+

OR

Bring someone back to life who died too young

I’d take the money. I could help a LOT of people with the money (maybe even save a number of lives), rather than just one.
Would you rather:

1. Eat a food you hate every day for the rest of your life? Or,

2. Give up your favorite food for the rest of your life?

If it can be hidden with other ingredients, food I hate.
WYR

Be the equipment guy for your favorite team

OR

Coach/own least favorite team?

But wait…doesn’t option #1 automatically include #2?

(Pass on etv78’s entry, not a big sports fan.)

Coach my least favorite team. Maybe my vast experience could turn them around and help them. Either make them win more or act less douchy.

WYR

Hear the same favorite song over and over again every day for the rest of your life?

OR

Watch the same favorite TV episode…?

I’d rather watch the same favorite TV episode, since it’s an hour long episode of Northern Exposure : Ed Chigliak dubs *Prisoner of Zenda *into Tlingit.

WYR

Fight off a dozen grizzly bears, each the size of a chihuahua

OR

Fight off one chihuahua the size of a grizzly bear?