Your "To Do" list

I have a few things that I want to do in my lifetime…just for me!
in no particular order, and this is by no means a complete list,

Spend a few days in New Orleans soaking up atmosphere, history, food and drink.

Visit Washinton state or Canada during “whaling season” and actually see orcas in the wild.

Have sex in the snow, preferably with a heated jacuzzi or even car nearby…

things I have done/seen, which weren’t on my previous list, but boy-HOWDY! Did they belong on it!

Catch fireflies with an amazing little kid. He calls me “Mommy”.

See a baby about become a little person (and frankly right NOW I am amazed because he is at this perfect mid-metomophosis where I can still see the baby in him and the person he will grow to be! I think this is about the coolest thing I have ever seen!)

Anyway, enough of my semi-drunken ramblings. I now ask you…what’s on your “To Do” list? What wasn’t but should have been now that you have done it?

All spaces are filled by Catherine Zeta Jones.

In my lifetime? I’m too busy with my list for this week. :wink:

Oh, all right…

• Get myself civil unioned/married/whatever the hell you want to call it with a certain quiet girl.
  • Go to Ireland with said quiet girl. She’s always been crazy about the place.
  • Become known as a writer, be it journalism, playwrighting, or incoherent early morning rambles.
  • Get a day job as a linguist.
  • This is kind of sentimental… but I want to be able to come home to a nice house, a financially and emotionally stable family, some adoped kids and cats, a nice view, and the woman I love.

Oh, and then there’s the Nobel Prize for literature. That would be nice too.

I, on the other hand, wish to fill all spaces in Catherine Zeta Jones. :smiley:

Just kidding; it was too easy.

In my life I want to…

Visit Greece for at least 3 weeks.
Visit Italy for at least 3 weeks.
Join the Mile High Club.
Spend a week here.
Build a deck on the back of house.
Sell two of the Triumphs. (OK, that’s what my wife wants me to do.)
Actually finish a project that I’ve started. (My sister says that I don’t because I was cesarian born.) :rolleyes:
View the landscape from the top of a snowy mountain (Mt. Shasta?)

andygirl, baby, sweetheart…you do realize that your first point and your fourth set you up for a crude pun? Something about you being…never mind. I’m sure you’ve heard it before and I’m also sure it doesn’t get MORE clever by being repeated.
Maybe people will Grow Up a bit and the World will be a Better Place and you can just get married with the dignity you deserve.
My list…
finish the laundry
empty the dishwasher
(naw, that’s just today)

The Little Lady wants to leave Soupo and Katcha with Gramma DeDay and take me to New Orleans next Spring. So MY list would start with…

-Get laid in New Orleans

-Get back in shape and hike the Backpack Trail in Shawnee State Forest (south-central Ohio)

-Get the boys grown up to be mature, responsible adults. Since I only have 17 and 20 years to go on them, I’d better get crackin’.

-Get a B.F.D. (Really Big Dog)[and name her “Sherpa” and make HER carry my stuff through Shawnee State Forest.]

I hear Hawaii is nice. Maybe I ought to put that on my list too.

Hey Holden!

View the landscape from the top of a snowy mountain (Mt. Shasta?)

I’ve climbed it before. NOT a good idea for anyone who’s not seriously into alpine climbing. Lassen is much easier and won’t kill you trying to climb it. About five people a season need to be rescued when they get caught halfway up.

That’s cool. Whatever mountain. Shasta just came to mind. I don’t really want to go through all the exertion of actually climbing a mountain or anything. That’s too much like exercise or something. No, I’d be happy if somebody flew me up in a helocopter or something and waited for a couple of minutes.

Let’s see:
Become fluent in German and Russian (I still have to look stuff up and think about both languages now, I’d like to be able to be confused a native :slight_smile: )

Play Lady MacBeth

Publish my book

Have a baby

Have a perfectly flat and well muscled stomach

Design my own bathroom
I’m pretty close to two of them right now. An item that used to be on my list was to Adapt the Collector into a play and play the role of Miranda, and luckily enough, I got to do that two years ago! So people really DO win at the SDMB!

jarbaby

I made a list like this when I was abou 13, but I lost it. But what I can remember and what I’ve added are here:

• go to Europe. (someday. . .someday)
  • ride a train
  • write my memoirs
  • get something of mine published
  • skydive (almost did this last summer, but ended up breaking my ankle the weekend before I was suppose to go)
  • get my black belt
  • have sex in various places (on train, plane etc.)

That’s all I can remember for now.

Finish my dissertation
visit all 50 states
write a book
create one really significant artistic SOMETHING: a huge rug, a large quilted wallhanging, a sculpture, etc.
Set up a unique scholarship or award that recognizes qualities I value
Visit Italy
Visit Ireland and/or Scotland
Take my parents on a really neat trip
Take up painting again
Lose the rest of this weight I’m carrying

That’s good for now.

Some of the things on my list:

[ul][li]Take road trips across the USA and Canada[/li][li]Find and get involved in my ideal career[/li][li]Get Mr Nim to teach me how to scuba dive[/li][li]Take up a creative hobby… like painting or train sets![/li][li]Buy a nice house somewhere, away from a city[/li][li]Create a rose garden[/li][li]Have babies[/li][/ul]But first…!
[ul][li]Finish my thesis!!![/li][li]Pass 6 exams each worth 100% of the course grade!!![/li][li]Try not to die of a panic attack before I graduate!!![/li][/ul]

Holden, you gots Triumphs? Cars or bikes?
Oh damn, you live in Maryland don’t you?
[Rosanna Rosannadana voice]never mind[/Rosanna Rosannadana voice]

On my list:
Ride that train across Canada whose name escapes me at the moment.

Own a boat bigger than a bathtub.

Take said boat up to the San Juan Islands and wander around until I feel like coming home.

Clean out my garage. (Explosives might come in handy here.)

[aside to Nimue]You might consider stained glass. It’s a lot of fun. Train sets are addictive. I know![aside]

Addictive is good! I haven’t done train sets in a long time, but my favourite part is designing the town for it to go through. All those little houses and shops and matchbox cars and fake shrubbery… {sigh of delight} Takes up a lot of space though. A friend of the family (who’s incidentally a train engineer) has converted his entire basement into a train set town, with multiple trains and tracks. It’s wonderful.

I hadn’t thought of stained glass before. I’ll keep that one in mind. Thanks for the idea!

I know, I know, I know.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am a cunning linguist.

I get it a lot. Possibly the worst was when my father said it. That was just creepy.

[Major hijack] Hey,Bumb, I have two Triumph TR-7s to get rid of. Both 1977 coupes. One runs well and is a semi-regular driver (when warm) the other is the “project car” which suffered from a bit of cannibalizing to keep #1 on the road. The engine is resting comfortably beside it in the garage. :frowning: The plan is to get rid of both, then insert the 231 V-6 sitting on the other side of the garage into the TR-7/8 convertible. :)[/Major hijack]

My “To Do” list… Hmmm…

1. Play Margurite is a production of the Scarlet Pimpernel
  2. Be in a production of Kiss Me, Kate (Character doesn’t matter)
  3. Go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras
  4. get over to Ireland for a prolonged period of time.
  5. Learn to speak Italian
  6. Get into a good college
  7. Become an English teacher for High School and a published writer
  8. I eventually plan on getting married and having a few children
  9. Do well on my upcoming interview for Creative Writing
  10. Get an A in my Senior Seminar AP class next year…
    Well, too many of those have to do with school, but I tend not to think of the long term. Oh, well, that’s good for now.

My To-Do List:

Publish. Something.
Road trip across the U.S.
Own and decorate my own home.
Plant and tend a garden.
Learn to speak Spanish.
I will leave this continent at some point in my stay here on this planet; Europe, South America, Australia, Madagascar, I don’t care where, but as many times to as many different places as possible. And home again, of course.
Leave behind forever the realm of plus-sizes.
Never let a day go by that I don’t write in my journal.
Raise a child.

I won’t bore you with my list but I’ll try to help some of you out.

Orca watching is not difficult but it does require patience (a week or two) and/or good timing. Mrs. Pluto and I have tried a couple of times without results, but most people I know who are serious about getting to see them have been rewarded.

For those with a goal of climbing a mountain let me suggest Mt. St. Helens. It’s a relatively easy climb, a hike really. (You climb up the other side of the mountain from the blast zone.) No special equipment is required and the view from the top is spectacular. It only takes about 4 hours to get to the top and about 2 to get down. There is a campers’ bivouac at the base where you can camp the night before to get an early start. The only hassle is that you have to get a permit (which used to be free but, with the government’s new plan of saving our national parks by making them accessible only to the moneyed, now costs $25).

One of the big items on my to-do list was to move back to the Pacific Northwest. Check!

I wrote one of these lists back when I was a freshmen or something (along with 100 good things to look for in a guy, coauthored by my best friend), but I lost 'em both.

So, here’s what I can think of right now.

1. Driving school. Race driving school, specifically: the GOOD kind, not the “Richard Petty Driving Experience” type. I want to learn how to drive a race car on circle track and road courses.

2. Visit Maple Ridge, British Columbia and hope they have something to do with Greg Moore there. Even if they don’t, I’ve seen pictures, and it looks pretty.

3. Cross-country road trip. (Which could be tied in to #2.)

4. Join a band.

5. Take fiddle lessons.

1. Tequila Mockingbird… heheheheh
  2. Black Belt in something for crying out loud…
  3. Become Prince of Cynagua by my own hand.
  4. Show one of my loves that loving is not pain.
  5. Raise my children into good humans.
  6. Journey through Europe.
  7. Own and run a daily driver 13 second 1/4 mile Honda.
    There’s more, but that’s all I can think of right now.