Rufus Xavier: A Retrospective

50 weeks and 2000 posts. OK, for the most part I’ve not had a huge impact on these boards. I guess there’s maybe a couple dozen Dopers at most that recognize my name, less than half of whom actually remember anything I ever posted. So, I thought I’d take the opportunity to look back over the last year or so and showcase some of the stuff I did that I thought was pretty cool. At the bottom I put up links to 20 threads I contributed to but should really be read in their entirety due to the brilliance of the Doper community.

My first post, from April 20, 2004, concerned the origin of my username:

Over the year, I’ve revealed some personal stuff like:

I’m not good with snappy comebacks, but I am proud of this one:

One thing I like to do is compose skits. I’m not about to contact Kelsey Grammer or anything, but some of these, if I do say so myself, are quite clever:

Most of my jokes fall flat, but a few of them still meake me chuckle:

From the thread titled “I’m All Alone and Nobody Loves Me

I do enjoy writing song parodies. Here’s my favorite:
From the thread about a guy in a town called Aiken who robbed a bank with a pitchfork (to the tune of the “Green Acres” theme song):

And my favorite Haiku, a triptych Monkey Haiku composed in honor of the Re-election of President Bush:

Well, it may appear as if I am tooting my own horn, and I am, but I do have some cites handy that some other Dopers have occasionally taken notice of my work and taken the time to show their appreciation:

Well, my 2,001st post is almost done. Let me leave you with my 20 favorite threads in which feel I did some of my best work; in these threads, however, many many other Dopers shine brilliantly, which makes each entire thread entertaining reading:

Replace one word of a movie quote with the word “underpants” 4/27/2004
Flip Answers to General Questions… 04/30/2004
Let’s all write a story! C’mon, it’ll be fun! 5/2/2004
The Really Bad Advice thread 5/9/2004
Scientifical laws about foodstuffs 5/27/2004
What The Hell Is That? 5/28/2004
Nightmares and dreams of a dork 6/2/2004
Going grocery shopping… 6/2/2004
Inane Brane Teasers! 6/3/2004
If life gives you lemons… 6/23/2004
Texas Dildo Massacre 6/24/2004
Change A Letter (Or: the films they SHOULD have made…) 7/1/2004
FYI: A lady’s corset provides minimal protection against a dildo attack. 7/13/2004
Channel Surfing Game 7/20/2004
What’s the title of your autobiography, and the epitaph on your tombstone, gonna be? 7/26/2004
SDMB Tackiness Contest 8/20/2004
How to become moderator? 8/24/2004
Lame Posts Keep Forming in my Head. 8/27/2004
“There ARE no stupid questions!” Well, that sounds like a challenge to me. (game) 8/31/2004
Least Likely Causes of Death in Elephants 9/27/2004

Impressive! Before Cajun Man gets in here:

Thanks for sticking around, mate. snogs, hugs :wink:

[sub]o[/sub]/[sup]~[/sup]Meeeeeemorieeeeees…like the coooorneeeers of my[sub]o[/sub]/[sup]~[/sup]OW! Quit it! Augh! Ok, ok! Enough with the sticks! Oh geez, not the face! Not the oof! OW! OW!

Snogs right back to you, sweetheart. I will not be posting with anywhere close to the regularity I showed last year, but I am renewing (hell, I already got $50 worth, easy. I figure I’m still ahead), and I will be popping in occasionally to inflict my personality on the Teeming Millions. Fear me. :wink:

Hal, its “light the corners of my mind”, :smack: Poor baby< and you sing it so… loud.

Aren’t you that guy with a kangaroo?

Notes on Game & Post-Count Padding/Party Threads

Cajun Man
for the SDMB