"24" Season 2, Episode 1 - 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. (SPOILERS)

24, Season 2
Episode 1
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.

Possible spoilers ahead!

This thread presented as a service of the 24 Club. The irony does not escape us. :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s early. That’s to make sure no one beats us to it.

I’m pumped. It looks good.

Rule number one of the new “24 club”:

Suspend your disbelief enough to accept that everything is happening in one day…again, with all major events happening at the end of each hour…again.

w00t! I’m ready too.

BTW - make sure you hit the can before the show starts, it’s commecial free this week.

I’m ready.
I can’t wait.

You scared me! I thought I’d missed the premier. Okay, all is well.

Buffy is a repeat tonight, but at least there’s the new 24.

8 AM to 9 AM? Shit! I’ve already missed it!!!

Is this Central time that you are talking about? I thought it came on at 9 pm (8 central) last season.

Bump.

No, yosemitebabe, the episode is called “8:00am - 9:00am”. It’s being aired 9est/8cst this evening.

Alright, folks. This is the last you’ll see of me and KtK in this thread until next spring.

WOW!

That was a heck of an episode.

That computer geek girl is sooooo cuuuuuute! I call dibs! :slight_smile:

Oh, and I also want the rugged

Ack! Stupid computer.

That was supposed to read: “I also want the rugged looking Keif Sutherland with the beard”.

You can’t mean Sara Gilbert, right? How old are you, BlackKnight? I’ll always think of her as the awkward 14 year old girl from Roseanne, I just can’t realign my perceptions that easily.

I think the best part was when he just shot that guy in cold blood. “Get a hacksaw.” LOL.

And I’ll echo the “too many blondes” remark. Christ, it was tough work just keeping up with all the blondes involved. Toss a raven-haired girl in there somewhere, maybe a redhead, a little variety.

However, I thought the guy beating his wife and looking lustfully towards Kiefer’s daughter…that was just icky and disturbing. I didn’t need to see that, hear that, or think about it. I’m glad he turns into a more traditional gun-toting villian next week.

Sorry, he’s mine. Keep yer hands off. :wink:

I didn’t watch the first season of 24 for no particular reason other than I happen to work when it was aired but I’ll definately be watching this one as I’m already hooked.

Do we know any of the bad guys from the first season?

I hope this isn’t too much of a hijack and I don’t really need an indepth answer, just a simple yes or no as I’m going out to buy the first season tomorrow or the next day.

Man Kiefer looked like his dad when he had his beard…

I hereby officially volunteer Sara Gilbert to personally eat the bomb, piece by piece, knowing very well it will mean her untimely demise. This should take place as soon as possible.

Unless she can make some sort of amazing shift in her “acting” abilities, this could very well be one the worst casting decisions ever.

That having been said, I liked the episode.

Pretty nice how they’ve got a top-secret situation room–fully stocked with important NSA people–not ten minutes from where Palmer was fishing in northwestern Oregon. (Lake Oswego, by the way, is an affluent and very populated suburb of Portland. It’s not that idyllic.)

“i’m gonna need a hacksaw”

Gadarene, I’m sure they had to make some accomodations in the travel time because there were no commercials. They could have used an extra 5 minutes or so to get President Palmer to some downtown office or something, or at least make it seem a bit more plausible. The absense of commercials made the travel time discrepancies more noticable that it probably otherwise would have been. And if it makes you feel better, presume that it took awhile to find Palmer for some reason, and they’d been flying NSA guys in for the last couple hours.

Well, except that they only just found out about the whole thing–but yeah, my disbelief is willingly suspended starting…now.

By the way, RexDart, expect a response to your really interesting post in my GD thread sometime tomorrow. Back to reading Evidence…

I’m 21. And I never watched Roseanne.

I think the show is entertaining enough to warrant a little suspension of disbelief. It’s not like it’s Bruckheimer-esque in outrageousness. Even the most well-written scripts need a little suspension of disbelief, and this show’s unique format requires just a little more, but it trades you the real-time thing for it.

Yeah, I ought to be reading for Evidence right now too. We just started hearsay, and I missed today from illness. Good thing I read ahead a little, I hate playing catchup in a law class, it’s next to impossible.

Oh, we’ve been knee-deep in hearsay for weeks now… :slight_smile:

[/hijack]