"24" Season 2, Episode 1 - 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. (SPOILERS)

Hey, hey. hey. Darlene Connor was cute, okay?

This season looks good. I’ll probably miss most of it again becuause of work, like I did last year, but hopefully not.

And, could someoen set up Kim’s living sitiation? Last I knew it Jack Bauer/wife/daughter. Who were the people Kim was staying/living with?

jjtm: I am guessing that she took a job as a nanny. It’s been about a year since the last “24 Hours”—in that time, Jack became “inactive”, and Kim obviously needed to do something with her time…so nanny she is.

Munch: Thanks for the clarification on the time thing. I was mighty confused there!

Too many blondes!! sheesh!! At least i recognized the one tht was getting married from some B movies. Its nice to see Darlene is now a CTU agent, and Ensign Ro got a job in NSA! Jack wasting the smug witness was cool, i dare another show to make their hero murder someone in cold blood during the season premeir, then get a hacksaw! Hooked for the season i am!

Yeah, good stuff so far! I have to know what the hacksaw’s for (though I can guess)!

I dug the way they telegraphed the wife-beater’s actions way before you found out for sure… early on, when the wife is getting breakfast, she arranges the bacon on his plate just so. It set of a little bell in my head. Nice touch.

I’m glad that was both of our favourite parts, Tars. We’re still addicted to the gore! (But only you are addicted to Gore.) But don’t “visualize Pavelka leaving” quite yet, I think “get a hacksaw” would resonate with him for some reason :wink:

Hooray for inside jokes!! hopefully he will stumble across this thread eventually.

Guess for next week: The hacksaw was so Jack can take the smug witness’ (SW) head to the guy he needs to talk to as evidence that SW was the guy who sent him to jail, not Jack; so Jack can jump start the trust process he mentioned (It normally takes six weeks) and drill the information out of the guy.

If you want to see Sutherland looking cool with a beard, rent the Disney version of 3 Musketeers and watch with the sound off. This beard was a little TOO bushy. I got the feeling he was invoking both his dad and Dan Haggarty.

Yes, the Kim living situation was answered at breakfast. The mom (whom I remember from the series premiere of Angel and have lusted for since) told the kid, “I love you.” The kid said, “What about Kim?” Mom replied with, “Kim’s the best nanny ever.”

Here’s hoping the evil smarmy dad will die a horrible death, preferably with a fire poker.

I loved Jack’s running out of the CTU and then wrestling with his sense of duty in the parking lot and truck. It was very convincing to me.

BTW, the president’s security advisors normally do set up a mobile command center close to where the president happens to be. Not close enough to get to in ten minutes, I wouldn’t think, but close enough that it didn’t jar me all that hard. I gulped and said, “Okay, I’ll just take that on faith.”

1. Too many blondes. Even my husband the blonde lover agreed.

2. Pretty slick how they avoided any real life uproar by having the President READ the name of the ‘middle eastern’ country, rather than saying it aloud.

3. I’ll go out on a limb right now and say that his advisor who wants him to think up a response RIGHT NOW is in on the plot. He’s trying to start a war.

4. And for that matter, I think Paula is in on it too.

See you next week!

J

I missed the commercials. I didn’t realize until this ep that, because there are so many things happening in the show that I needed the commercials to evaluate what was actually going on.

Sua

Sigh . . . looks like I may have added another show to the massvie amount of TV watching in my life. But now that girlsclub is cancelled, I need something to fill the void. :wink:

I didn’t watch the first season, so I’ll be lurking around for the most part, but Kim struck me as clever and resourceful. I’m thinking of how she lied about having the kid in the bath to cover up the fact they heard the beating and shouting. Is she just her father’s daughter or is this something new?

Roll up your sleeves bitches. Jack’s back and he just don’t care anymore. He trusts nobody and his own life means almost nothing to him (remember the way he looked at the gun!). He kills freely. When it comes to a nuclear threat he’ll get all the room he needs from the president. They have made him a hard-core mother fucker and I’m drooling over here! Kieffer is much more impressive on the small screen then he is on the big one.

Oh, and daddy’s little girl lost some weight. She’s looking hotter then hell. Odds she gets out of the city, anyone?

DaLovin’ Dj

I concur with the dj and add in another vote for too many blondes. Damn, that was confusing.

As for the odds of Kim getting out of L.A. … well, never tell me the odds!

:smiley:
Oh, yeah. Thanks, Tars for pointing out Ro Laren. I knew I recognized her, but I couldn’t figure it out without the squinchy nose and gaudy earring.

I’m pretty sure Jack used the hacksaw to shave off his full beard in about 45 seconds :slight_smile:

Nope, nothing new. Kimmy kicked ass in the last season. More about that to follow…

I thought it was a very promising start. Some thoughts:

Good[ul]
[li]Tony’s back. Tony rocks. Though he’s shaved his soul patch. Usually, I think those things look stupid, but it suited him.[/li][li]Sara Gilbert as Paula. I loved seeing her again. (Fie on you, Mr. Blue Sky!) Although I share jarbaby’s suspicion that she may be “in on it”.[/li][li]What dj said. (Yeah, baby!)[/ul][/li]
Bad[ul]
[li]The Kimmy I know from last season (brave little soldier) would not take that shit from Bad Dad. She kicked much scarier ass than his on a regular basis. But then, this is her new job, her new home, maybe she’s a bit attracted to him…Nah, I still don’t like it. She should kick his ass.[/li][li]Too many blondes.[/ul][/li]
Interesting/Speculation[ul]
[li]NSA, or some US intel group, is using South Korean torturers to get information. Wonder if we’re going to hear more about this later on, or if it was just the lead-in?[/li][li]That dictator guy said Palmer would “make an enemy of over a third of the world’s population” if his country was bombed. Does he mean Muslims, or what? Are there that many of them?[/li][li]I hope they find a way to tie these bad guys into the Drazen family (bad guys from last season, for you new fans) so they can work Nina in to this one. Or find some other way to work her in. I liked Nina.[/li]Hopefully, Kim will come up with a plan to get her and the little girl away from Bad Dad. This will involve distracting him, and to accomplish this she will put on that little vest she wore for most of last season. Yum![/ul]

Yes, Ferrous, I took the 1/3 of the population as being the Muslims.

Sorry about that but I have a quick hijack question… I tried to watch season 1 but could not hang on to 24 episodes, I am trying this season (but they should play 2hrs in row!) … but anyway : how did his wife die???

Thanks!

I had asked-- in the non-OP containing thread that really should have been a post in this one-- who are the blondes? I missed the first 15 minutes or so and was totally confused by the blond situation.

Kim I have figured out. Is the woman she’s working for related in some way to the other blonde marrying the suspected terrorist and her blond sister? The same person even maybe?

Jack’s wife was killed by Nina, who turned out to be the mole at CTU.

Kim is the nanny for one blonde’s kid. Then in another thread of the story there are two blonde sisters. One of the sisters is getting married to the sinister Reza while the other sister is somewhat suspicious of the groom-to-be.

I thought this was a promising opening episode. I wonder how they’ll tie Nina in? I thought I read she’s part of the cast this year, so there should be an interesting plotline with her.

Elisha Cuthbert and some other stuff. Great show.

I thought the blonde wife who employs Kim was the sister of the blonde who is getting married. Is that right?