"24" Season 2, Episode 22 - 5:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m. (SPOILERS)

Well, she wasn’t completely stupid – she was smart enough to hide in the attic and play Whack-A-Mole when he peeked through the attic.

But she was still a little bit stupid…
…stepping between the beams and falling through the ceiling
…backing into a corner rather than going straight for the gun
…upon realizing that she should go for the gun and getting it and the cell phone, backing again into the corner, rather than getting the hell out of the house and calling 9-1-1 immediately

On second thought, it was probably smarter to call CTU and get on the line with Jack… since we’ve seen how competent the police are in this show.

“Shoot him again.” Damn… :smiley:

The ceiling! The shooting! The shooting again! The stabbing! The chloroforming! And Jack didn’t get behind the wheel once! Great episode. Absolutely great! (“Don’t trust her!”. . . second greatest line of the show.)

That was a fantastic episode. Aside from the cop stupidity with Kim, it was all very well done. Great dramatic moments abounded - the Secret Service guy putting it on the line for Palmer, Kim shooting dickhead (twice!), Sherry trying to angle both Jack and the kid, and getting stabbed for her trouble, Tony and Chapelle… Great stuff.

24 does seem to pick it up at the end of the season, huh?

Best stuff out of Kim yet this season. Good acting by Cushbert too when she killed bad dad.

Almost no super-silly stuff happed tonight. Nice.

Damn! Talk about freaking out (me, not a character).

Get this, at about 5:50 plot-time, we came back from a commercial to the end credits and next week’s preview! They screwed up the broadcast! I couldn’t turn away, because I knew they’d fix it in a second, but I couldn’t watch the spoilers! The credits finshied, then a colored screen with some Los Angeles code letters. About a minute or two probably went by before we rejoined the show. I almost messed my pants.

Now, on with the show…

I would really love to hear Palmer call Mike and asshole.

Why is Reiko Aylesworth (Michelle) credited as a “guest star?” Hasn’t she been in every episode?

“Take your time, I’ll be waiting in the car?” “Take your time, I’ll be waiting in the CAR?!” Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh farkin blabbityvoodoo!

OK… [deep breath] I’m OK now. Part of my brain just popped when I heard that, s’all.

I caught myself thinking, “Man, I miss Mason.”

When Kim fell through the ceiling and landed I began a mantra of “Getthegungetthegungetthegungetthegun…” Lo and behold, she got the gun! Go Kim! Glad she did good this time around. A toast to (hopefully) Kim’s future badassedness. Good call, Zazie.

The geek’s a good actor. I thought he was some random schmuck who got twisted all over the place, but you don’t go around stabbing people protected by Secret Service unless you know damn well what you’re doing. (Or don;t have the faintest, but I’m opting for the former.)

Welp, methinks Tony and Michelle are going to be locked up for a bit in the next two hours. And Jack better get the geek or they’re all in for a bad, bad future, unless Palmer transforms into Superman and flies them to a magical moon somewhere. Or out of the US’s jurisdiction. Either will work.

All in all, a damn good episode. I’m going to miss it.

I totally called the “shoot him!” part. After I got done screaming “pick up his gun, dumbass!”, I was totally thinking that badass Jerk Sour was going to tell her to shoot the guy. Best non-running Kim moment of the whole season.

But just as I was about to commend the writing for avoiding the obvious “Kim taken hostage by Abusive Dad” plotline, they throw Kate to the wolves. Has there ever been an episode of 24 without at least one blatantly stupid character? Since Kim actually did something worthwhile in this episode, they have to set up Kate. Even worse, they might be setting up a Jack-rescues-Kate-then-they-hook-up ending.

I am REALLY being to tire of Chappelle and Carla. I don’t even hate Sherry as much as I hate those two.

What do we think–is Sherry dead? I have a feeling she’ll survive. But I’d bet very strongly that Novick commits suicide. You have to figure Palmer is going to regain the presidency, and Mike won’t be able to live with himself.

Here’s another thought–is word going to get out that Palmer isn’t president? I have a feeling that the veep is going to have his announcement of the bombings crashed by Palmer and Jack, with a ton of evidence (and maybe Peter Kingsley’s head in a duffel bag).

BTW–Dennis Haysbert was a guest on Rome is Burning on ESPN today, which completely blew my mind. They had the usual sportswriters and stuff, and then I’m like, hey that looks like Palmer and Rome says “and also joining us on the program, he plays the President of the United States on 24…” Wow. I’m surprised he didn’t bust out a Pedro Cerrano/Joe Voo blast.

Badass action all around.

Does anyone else get the impression that the Acting President and his cronies will try to suppress any information thet Jack get out?

This is obviously not going to finish up in two hours. We will have a whole 'nother year of Palmer trying to get back his presidency and fighting off the evil influences of the oil guys.

Now Evil Dad can go back to dating the mom on “Gilmore Girls”.

I dunno, didn’t last season cover a lot of ground in the last two hours? We didn’t find out who the real CTU mole was until about 9:59, right (assuming it went until midnight)?

How close were they to the end of the season’s filming when they signed for Season 3?

Also, the producers have already said that they won’t have a definite “end” like last year, since they know they are coming back for another year.

I suppose Nina could reappear in the next two years.

I’m going on vacation and will have to watch the last two hours on tape when I get back.

Let me just commend Jack for juggling tense situations almost perfectly. Of course, maybe he SHOULD have stood a little closer to Geek and Bitch while on the phone, but he’s a perfect badass, not, unfortunately, perfect in all ways.

I’ve talked people through setting a dislocated shoulder, changing a tire, editing a story on deadline and some other hairy things, but I can’t imagine talking someone through how to put two in the chest of an immenent threat. Bravo!.

“Okay, Honey, I want you to shoot him again.”

I’m wondering if maybe the Bauer Badass Syndrome isn’t a recessive gene that requires a (forgive the pun) triggering event. Maybe Jack was, once upon a time, kind of stupid and wussy until he got into his first firefight.

Here’s hoping Kim’s heritage now manifests itself and she starts whooping ass on a major basis.

I was impressed with Kiefer’s acting when Kim shot Bad Dad. It conveyed, “My baby has just lost the last of her innocence” along with "“Yeah! That’s my girl!” in the space of a couple of movements of the head and shoulders. He’s so good.

Die Sherry Die!

Maybe Chappel will stroke out from the mainlined roofies and Tony will become district chief. That would be nice.

Kate’s bath had too many bubbles, and what self-respecting cop would have left when his charge told him to go home, rather than waiting for orders? Doesn’t everyone on LAPD know that when Jack fortheloveof god Bauer tells you to do something, you do it? You’d think after he made them all look like monkeys last season and turned out to be the good guy after all after evading them for hours there would have been a memo or something.

I have a request that is a bit of a no-no, but I hope the mods will tolerate it given my reasons.

As I’m out of the country I haven’t been able to watch 24 since early in the season, but a post here from somebody who was somehow seeing episodes early tipped me off to the fact that these are being snagged from satellite feeds and put online, so I’m all caught up now. I hope somebody can tip me off as to a service that has episode 22 now, because I don’t want to wait a few days if I can help it.

I

Oh, for crying out loud. Doesn’t Kim realize Daddy may be just a wee bit busy trying to save the world? Why didn’t she call the police first? It’s because Jack was trying to talk her through her first shooting that Alex stabbed the First Bitch and got away.

Speaking of the First Bitch, I still don’t know what her motive is. She is one cold lady.

As far as Tony getting fired…didn’t Jack shoot Mason in the leg with a tranquilizer dart in Season 1? (We’ve watched hours 12a-8a so far thanks to Blockbuster.) Jack didn’t get fired because of that.

I still think Abusive Dad worked with Kingsley, and I’m waiting for a final showdown between Michelle and Carrie.

Ain’t it the truth. I don’t mind evil manupulative bitches like Sherry because she’s at least fun to watch being evil. I think we love to hate her.

Carla is just an annoying petty jerk. Michelle should cloroform Carla and tie her up with Chappelle. Two vexing roadblocks out of the way.

On to Kim. Pretty good stuff, though I thought the collapsing ceiling was a little … odd. I’m wondering what kind of danger she and Kate will get into. I mean, how much of a threat can DemonDad be with two in the chest?

And yes, I’d vote for David Palmer.

My nomination for the second greatest line of the episode…

When Jack asks Tony if he has gotten Chappel’s agreement to send the chopper and Chappel lies drugged on the floor, Tony replies “Not exactly.”

Excellent!!

Only two hours left! :sobs:

So what less-obvious plot lines are unresolved?

• What did Jack whisper to Nina?
  • What is the fate of Lynn?
  • Anything else from the roundhouse-kicking (ex) boyfriend?
  • How will Kim manage to get in peril again? :smiley:

I liked when Jack shot at Sherry and told her he wasn’t politician there wouldn’t be any debating. Ha!
I don’t know about Kim getting some smarts, sure she did what her dad told her in the end, but when she saw dead cop in the bushes why did she go get her bags and be sure to turn the light out when she left the room? Why didn’t she just haul ass out of there - more running Kim shots for the boys.
Here’s my question of the episode: I noticed in the cool map graphic pseudo president Prescott has up on the wall that the bombers are nearing Portugal and Spain. Don’t we need to gain permission from other countries to fly through their airspace? We can’t just send bombers and fighter jets willy nilly can we? So, I think this whole idea of a “surprise” attack is a crock. Not just because the countries (if they were guilty) would probably be a little heads up about a possible retaliation attack, but because at least one of the countries we requested fly-through (or whatever) rights might’ve tipped off the offending countries.

I also liked Jack’s no-nonsense attitude with Sherry.

“Look, I’ve had a very long day and I’m in no mood for games. Now sit down and shut up!”

KinSaba I was thinking about that as well. Assuming those graphics represent the actual bombers, those aren’t stealth bombers, so they will probably show up on radar, right? Both in the countries they fly over, and in the countries they’re attacking.

I like how Jack shut Sherry up when she started her “How Dare You!” attitude she uses to back people down. He sure put her in her place, especially firing off a shot in her general direction.

I’m proud of Kim, but I don’t think Jack was happy he had to force her to do that. I doubt she’s out of trouble yet, and with Kate on her way, it’s a perfect opportunity for them both to end up in trouble together (and good bonding with her future stepmom).

Mike needs a beatdown. I can’t wait until Palmer’s back in charge.

Jack is the man. Screw Sherry, I gotta get this hacker guy so I can save all those innocent people about to be bombed.

An interesting question: what happens to Kim? She may well be liable for murder. I’m pretty sure that California is a retreat-doctrine state – that is, if you can retreat safely, you cannot claim self-defense for the use of deadly force.

A prosecutor could certainly argue that, as Evil Dad was dazed and prone on the floor, Kim could have run for the door instead of shooting. And even failing that, he could easily argue that the first bullet incapacitated Evil Dad enough such that Kim could escape without the need for bullet number two (there was big gap of time between bullets – Kim didn’t double-tap the guy – so she had time to consider flight as an option).

And there is no “daddy told me to” defense.

Kim might be going to the big house.