[QUOTE=What Exit?]
Unintended Whoosh?
[/quote]
Yeah, if that was a whoosh. Thanks for clarifying.
Seriously though, people. The ban-flamming is just so unbecoming of you. Plus, there’s this thing called “suspension” that has greatly reduced the number of bannings in the past year.
People here don’t see how sociologically ugly it is for people to gang up on someone and cry out for a banning? Then I guess some basic historical lessons are lost on you. As I said, pathetic.
[QUOTE=EddyTeddyFreddy]
But, see, if a squirrel runs out in front of a car and throws itself repeatedly at the tires, isn’t it just begging to be run over?
[/QUOTE]
Whatever turns you on, man.
[QUOTE=Aeschines]
Then I guess some basic historical lessons are lost on you.
[/QUOTE]
Such as?
The banning of the American Indians? The banning of Japanese Americans during WWII? Honestly, I haven’t opened up my copy of Message Board Atrocities Throughout History recently.
[QUOTE=Aeschines]
Yeah, if that was a whoosh. Thanks for clarifying.
Seriously though, people. The ban-flamming is just so unbecoming of you. Plus, there’s this thing called “suspension” that has greatly reduced the number of bannings in the past year.
People here don’t see how sociologically ugly it is for people to gang up on someone and cry out for a banning? Then I guess some basic historical lessons are lost on you. As I said, pathetic.
[/QUOTE]
It was only a joke. I definitely do not think you are a danger to the Reader.
I do really think that if you do not renew your subscription you will only be missed by those that enjoy watching trainwrecks.
BTW: Do you still think the Dope will be shutting down next month or have you changed your opinion?
I actually agree with the ban-flaming most of the times but I think some posters deserve some extra effort. I do not think you are one, but your buddy the Doctor and a few other were worth the extra effort.
[QUOTE=Aeschines]
Oh for fuck’s sake. This site really does have a bug up its collective ass. What a bunch of pussies that can’t take any kind of joke. What a bunch of ill-willed douches just itching for a banning or whatever. Pathetic. But suggesting that I be investigated is really going too far. The joke’s over at that point. Seriously.
[/QUOTE]
We can take a joke. But last time I checked, jokes are supposed to be, you know, funny.
[QUOTE=What Exit?]
It was only a joke. I definitely do not think you are a danger to the Reader.
[/quote]
Got it.
Nah, that’s just one of my specialities.
I think I was wrong.
I think banning is appropriate for people who are genuinely mean-spirited or criminal, or for people who create genuine trouble on the board. Mere unpopularity or unlikeability shouldn’t be a reason.
[QUOTE=Aeschines]
Mere unpopularity or unlikeability shouldn’t be a reason.
[/QUOTE]
I have never seen that happen. Just bannings after repeated warnings. If you don’t like the rules don’t post here, it is a big internet after all. Plenty of people here who are not popular but still post with no problems. I am not implying that you are someone who has received a bunch of warnings, I have no idea if you have every received any.
[QUOTE=Loach]
I have never seen that happen. Just bannings after repeated warnings. If you don’t like the rules don’t post here, it is a big internet after all. Plenty of people here who are not popular but still post with no problems. I am not implying that you are someone who has received a bunch of warnings, I have no idea if you have every received any.
[/QUOTE]
I think he means the occasional parties in the Pit where a bunch of posters chime in to call for or wonder why a poster has not been banned yet.
See recently the BadChad threads and of course I was referring to DrMark2000 earlier where I participating in the calling for his banning.
[QUOTE=Loach]
I have never seen that happen. Just bannings after repeated warnings. If you don’t like the rules don’t post here, it is a big internet after all. Plenty of people here who are not popular but still post with no problems.
[/QUOTE]
What used to happen before the era of suspensions is that the usual crowd would encourage flame-outs in the Pit.
Warnings in the Pit are pretty stupid. Are you going to have an out-of-control part of the board where people can vent or not? My “yum yum moo moo” thing was just transparent nose-thumbing. A warning against that is meaningless. The constant troll trials are tiresome.
I’m not going to do a flame-out, but the unfunky uptightness of this site is very tiresome, and many good posters have been lynched. My favorite being the great SnakeSpirit, funniest damn guy on this site ever.
[QUOTE=What Exit?]
I think he means the occasional parties in the Pit where a bunch of posters chime in to call for or wonder why a poster has not been banned yet.
[/QUOTE]
Not just that, but actually trying to get someone to act in such a way as to be banned.