Aeschines -stop being an asshole.

[QUOTE=Uvula Donor]
Google King Canut and The Legend of the Waves.
[/QUOTE]

Fortunately for us, the subscription of the SDMB’s very own Sea of Stupidity will eventually run out.

[QUOTE=Uvula Donor]
Google King Canut and The Legend of the Waves.
[/QUOTE]

Okay, I think I have got it: **Wring ** ordering **Aeschines ** to stop being an asshole is like King Canute ordering the waves to stop?

[QUOTE=Aeschines]
Trolling involves some type of deceit.
[/QUOTE]

Well, you never did explicitly say you were worth listening to at any point, so no deceit at least in that aspect. Calling you an asshole is an insult to the rest of us assholes.

[QUOTE=Colibri]
No, trolling involves posting merely to elicit a reaction. Taunting, as you have admitted doing, is trolling. What you were doing in the other thread was clearly trolling.
[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. Others were taunting me. That’s trolling too. Everyone’s a troll according to some definition or other. Ban the whole board!

Of course I’m going to re-up, people. I love this place!

[QUOTE=duffer]
Calling you an asshole is an insult to the rest of us assholes.
[/QUOTE]
I agree. You are all assholes.

Did someone call my name?

[QUOTE=Aeschines]
I agree. You are all assholes.
[/QUOTE]

Possibly. Though it loses some of the sting when coming from a douchebag.

[QUOTE=What Exit?]
Okay, I think I have got it: **Wring ** ordering **Aeschines ** to stop being an asshole is like King Canute ordering the waves to stop?
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I thought of it more of a suggestion vs. an order. It may not have come across that way, but sometimes if folks are made aware their actions are being seen as childish, idiotic assholery, they self correct. Obviously, that’s not been the case here.

I don’t think I’ve ever initiated a pit thread against another specific poster before - the only pit thread I recall doing specifically naming some one was a mild thread about a mod, where I was attempting to make a case that their action should be reconsidered.

I would suggest to Aeschines that if some one like me found their actions objectionable enough to call them out, maybe, just maybe they should reconsider their sense that they’re behaving appropriately.

I also want a pony.

and not one ready for the glue factory, either. I think I’m more likely to get the pony.

Aeschines, where is your apology for the groundless libel you made against Canada?

[QUOTE=Crotalus]
And for the past eleven months I thought that SDMB was supposed to pull the plug on April 13, 2007. . Did he predict an earlier date?
[/QUOTE]
Evidently I was relying too much on my memory. 04-13-07 is correct. :Blowjob: , I mean :Embarrassment: , I mean :o

[QUOTE=wring]
sometimes if folks are made aware their actions are being seen as childish, idiotic assholery, they self correct. Obviously, that’s not been the case here.
[/QUOTE]

You have seemingly missed a rather large percentage of Aeschines posting history on the board.

[QUOTE=Aeschines]
Of course I’m going to re-up, people. I love this place!
[/QUOTE]

Where’s Liberal’s check book when you really need it?

[QUOTE=Colibri]
You have seemingly missed a rather large percentage of Aeschines posting history on the board.
[/QUOTE]

You seemingly have missed the entire percentage of wring’s post. Or possibly, just one very important word.

[QUOTE=Colibri]
You have seemingly missed a rather large percentage of Aeschines posting history on the board.
[/QUOTE]

A. I said “sometimes” - it was worth a shot
B. What can I say? It takes a lot for me to notice some one being an asshole. Once I notice, I’m not likely to forget, however.

[QUOTE=Aeschines]
What used to happen before the era of suspensions is that the usual crowd would encourage flame-outs in the Pit.<snip>
[/quote]

Nobody forces anybody to keep responding when they are only getting deeper into trouble.

Not, obviously. There is no out-of-control part of this board, which is part of the reason that I am willing to pay them for what is usually a free service on the internet.

Nobody has been “lynched” at this site, and I resent your accusation. Anybody who has managed to get themselves banned has only themselves to blame. Yeah, we DO have rules that are enforced here. If you want a juvenile, ridiculous free-for-all, may I recommend the Rest of the Internet?

[QUOTE=featherlou]
If you want a juvenile, ridiculous free-for-all, may I recommend the Rest of the Internet?
[/QUOTE]

:: slaps featherlou with a trout just hard enough not to kill him :smiley:

The best approach to him (assuming an approach must be made at all), the one he’s least prepared to handle, is talking about yourself rather than talking about him, as though he was a meandering child who through blind chance occasionally stumbles onto something useful. Pick the single valid point he makes every fifty posts or so and sagely ponder it. Keep pondering until he gets frustrated and leaves. He might adopt a posture of fake contrition but it’s a passing fancy at best. His parents must’ve taught him that saying “sorry” will make everything okay. When this doesn’t get the expected response of “there there, it’s okay, it wasn’t your fault” and a free lollipop, he returns to his perpetual tantrum.

Or so I’ve observed.

[QUOTE=Autolycus]
:: slaps featherlou with a trout just hard enough not to kill him :smiley:
[/QUOTE]

Her.

[QUOTE=Q.E.D.]
Her.
[/QUOTE]

You wanna get smacked with a trout too buddy? :stuck_out_tongue: