I DVR’d it last night and my internet was down. So a quick rundown while at work. Note that I have not read most of the thread. And I may have them out of order.
LaKisha - I liked her performance. It’s not a song that I care for normally, but it’s nice to see her do something up-tempo. Not a fan of the dress. Holy cleavage, Batman!
Gina - I’m in love. Her best performance ever, and probably the best performance of the night. Her look finally settled somewhere punkish but not wincingly cliched.
Chris S. - I used to like you? Sing in tune and on time please. Completely inadequate for a top 10 performance.
Phil - I wanted to dislike it based on his last few performances, but I reluctantly must concede that I actually enjoyed that. Not bad at all.
Sanjaya - AHHHHAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!1!eleventyOne!!!
OK, he’s just fucking with us now. My husband begged me to fast forward, but I was facinated. Such a trainwreck.
Haley - It’s True Colors. It’s a haunting, beautiful song on its own. Please do not mess with the melody or sing in a completely high school voice. Do not want.
Melinda - Did a good job, as always. At this point, even if she got booted she has a career waiting for her, so she’s got it made. She really needs to pick some better songs though. And what the hell was she thinking with that outfit?
Blake - Easily the best guy in the competition, which is damning him with faint praise. Boring performance, nice vocal. He’s beyond safe.
Jordin - Did an OK job with what little she had to work with in the song. After last week, I’m crushingly disappointed that she didn’t do Don’t Speak, which is one of my favorite songs, and she would have totally rocked it. I hope this doesn’t get her prematurely kicked off.
Chris R. - Oh, so that’s why Jordin didn’t do… wait… he… boybanded it? And forgot the lyrics? AHHHHAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!1!eleventyOne!!!
Summary: Since they’re not going to end the Sanjaya debacle anytime soon - send home any boy but Blake. Or Haley.