[QUOTE=Biggirl]
Also, plus and. . . they play that Visa commercial every single show. I gotta know-- who is singing Downtown in it?
[/QUOTE]
I wonder every time, too. I can’t find anything on Google, but my Google-fu ain’t what it used to be. I love the girl – her singing, and her most excellent hair.
Another spot-on song choice from Melinda, and another grand slam. “I’ve Got Rhythm” is a great song, and she did a bang-up job. And she is just cute as a button, too. Her smile lights up the whole world, I think. Bless her heart.
[QUOTE=rockle]
I wonder every time, too. I can’t find anything on Google, but my Google-fu ain’t what it used to be.
[/QUOTE]
Hmm … maybe I’m just an idiot. (Maybe? Snerk.) Apparently it’s Niki Harris, former backup singer for Madonna. Her MySpace, also.
Phil: Well, to continue with the Nosferatu imagery, that’s another nail in the coffin of his chances. Competent, but dull and dark.
Melinda: Ya know, I kind of agree with Simon. The beginning felt like she was noodling around a bit, trying to find her place. But the ending was excellent. I hope she stays on so she can give it an even better go next week. (And so I might finally get a few points in the vote-off pool…)
Chris R: Ouch, the beginning of that song was too low for you. And am I crazy for thinking that that song should have a tinge of sadness/regret? Maybe I am, since the judges fawned over him, for some reason I don’t get…
Jordin: I really like your voice, but what a crappy song choice. I agree with Simon, not young at all.
Don’t like Chris’s performance of “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore” – but it wasn’t godawful, either. I just like Louis Armstrong’s version best, I guess. After listening to the judges so far tonight, I’m beginning to think that I might be drunk. Hmm, Simon liked it too? Maybe I am drunk. What the hell am I drinking, then? Can you get drunk from chicken Cæsar salad and ice cream?
[QUOTE=rockle]
Don’t like Chris’s performance of “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore” – but it wasn’t godawful, either. I just like Louis Armstrong’s version best, I guess. After listening to the judges so far tonight, I’m beginning to think that I might be drunk. Hmm, Simon liked it too? Maybe I am drunk. What the hell am I drinking, then? Can you get drunk from chicken Cæsar salad and ice cream?
[/QUOTE]
I agreed with you, and I haven’t had any ice cream yet. But it’s a good idea. Pass it over, please.
Is something wrong with Jordin’s microphone, or does she have a cold, or is the mix off or something? We shouldn’t be hearing her gasp for air like that. Also, not crazy about the vibrato she put in there, although we’ve heard worse on this show. I just always thought the vocals in “On A Clear Day” should be … clear. Clean. Less forceful than Jordin sings, certainly. Not bad, but not phenomenal.
(Aha! Feedback! I knew it! Something’s up with her mic. Vindication!)
Squiddly and Diddly? What the hell show am I watching tonight?
[QUOTE=LilyoftheValley]
I agreed with you, and I haven’t had any ice cream yet. But it’s a good idea. Pass it over, please.
[/QUOTE]
Here you go. Turkey Hill – Jana’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Heavenly. And have some of this iced tea that my husband made for me, which I am beginning to suspect is not iced tea at all.
Chris R.: Very dull. I’m glad I’m distracted by cooking dinner tonight, or I’d really be bored.
Jordin: Nice and perky, but not her best. And the judges ragged on her for not making the song contemporary! Producers, listen up! Why not come to your senses and quit forcing the contestants to sing moldy, hidebound, cobweb-encrusted songs! Arrgh! Ok now, back to my quiche.
[QUOTE=LilyoftheValley]
Chris R: Ouch, the beginning of that song was too low for you.
[/QUOTE]
I agree completely - that was hurting me. I must reluctantly admit that he did a good job with the rest of it. Very reluctantly. :mad: