Apparently "Bones" is back. Do we care?

What the hell did they do to the theme music?

The FBI guy was such a dick during the whole episode and at the end they’re all drinking and toasting each other? WTF?

I’m with you.

The ‘falsely accused of murder’ plot has the stink of hack writer out of dialogue. All he can do is to try to ‘add drama’, forgetting about why we loved the show in the first place.

Seriously?! Angela! I can’t stand the character, she represents the worst aspects of the show to me. It’s notstop personal drama, plus the awful tendency of the show to never let anyone be normal. Is Booth an FBI agent who used to be a sniper? Well, yeah, but he’s the BEST FBI agent who used to be the BEST sniper. Is Hodgins a skilled entomologist who would be helpful in a show about solving murders? Yeah but, he’s got three doctorates and is sooper seekritly a gazillionaire. So is it somewhat plausible that an artist could be helpful for facial reconstruction? I guess. It is utterly ridiculous that someone with an undergrad degree in visual artists who studied computers a bit is just constantly building these super-advanced hollogram programs? Yup.

It used to be good “Turn your brain off” TV, something to put on in the background while you fold laundry or wash dishes, but lately I can’t take the potential damage to my eye sockets from rolling so hard.

The show jumped the shark for me when Emily Deschanel got pregnant. If she’s not as big as a house, then Bones isn’t pregnant, and the kabuki dance between Bones and Booth continues and the so is somewhat as it has been.

The problem is that the show increasing centered around the romantic tension between the four main characters. I think the producers felt that they couldn’t jerk the audience around forever with both, so they put Angela and Jack together. Then when Emily got pregnant, they had to put them together as well. When they killed off Vincent Nigel-Murray, I thought there were actually going to let the newborn baby die, and allow Bones and Booth’s adventures to continue, but not so.

I can’t think of many shows on TV that survive long, when the sexual tension (which the show was increasing largely built on) is eliminated by putting the main character together. Thinking Lois and Clark, Moonlighting etc.

None of them do: Northern Exposure, Frasier, Cheers

Yeah the Angela character has always been the hardest for me to take. We had the premier facial reconstruction expert in the country work on a case of ours. Although he had a very good track record, on our case he was totally off. He concluded it was a white girl when in fact she was African-American. It looked nothing like her. Angela gets it perfectly right everytime with just a couple clicks or a wave of the hand.

My guess is a future episode will cover Mr. Computer Genius having altered some Egyptian bigshot’s records, replacing them with his own.

i’ve just started watching bones. saw the first season, a bit of the second… and now edging in from the other end of the candle.

may i just say RATBURGER!!? that is genius!!! sheer genius. the chef is right, why kill when you can feed 'em a ratburger for years and years.

best vengeance ever!

Way too much baby time last season. Unless they tone it down this season, I’m outta here…

Have they made a point of Sweets being skilled with a gun before?

This is two episodes in a row they’ve made pointed reference to it (last week him saying he was master rated or something and this week at the firing range).

If that’s new (I don’t remember anything before but could be forgetting) I assume this means he will be shooting someone this season.

Its not new - I think it was last season they had him qualifying with it, much to Booth’s disaproval, in Fact, Booth had to give him the final test and so forth and much bromance ensued.

Thirded. I’m sick of seeing Booth and Brennan making out, and I’m sick of the babies. These days, they only spend about 10 minutes per episode showing the actual investigations.

I’m disappointed that the black intern is now full-time. He’s such a boring, two-dimensional character (does he have any personality traits other than “prefers to stay professional”?) They really need to bring back Zack (perhaps as a Hannibal Lecter figure, assisting the team from prison).

Last night the intern was the well-educated country bumpkin who “ma’am’s” Cam. I like him. Also the case took up more screen time than the relationship problems, but only barely.

Cam’s hair is looking better and she’s put on enough weight to bring her up to normal. Last season she was skeletal.

Angela still has very bad hair, a large mouth, huge teeth, and she actually managed to reconstruct some pages that had been run through a cross-cut shredder. Yeah. Right.

I’ll probably keep watching it because I love pain.

Tuesday’s episode was quite good! Very much like the Bones of old.

The best thing was a reunion of all the interns (minus, Zack, of course). Tempe has been reading a book by Phil Jackson and tried to get the Interns to play together like a team. The dialogue among them was great. I’m only 20 mins into the episode, but so far no babies, and Booth and Bones are acting like they’re not married.

I’d love this show to get back on track.

Wow. This episode was really great! The theme was for Veterans Day. The intern ensemble was terrific. Tempe even had feelings at the end. I hope they keep these writers around.

Cam is still scary thin, however.

It was sort of a “meh” episode to me. Which means better than a lot of recent ones.

Slate has an article about it that explains some production info about it. Note that it was an older, independent episode, not designed to fit into the current story arc. (No Sweets love-life story arc, for example.) So they were able to shift it for Veterans Day.

Slate’s choice of which shows to cover is eclectic. Mad Men, Louie, etc., of course. But Bones?

It did not include all the interns. It left out Daisy. There were too many of them in this episode anyway and fitting in another one, especially one who just broke up with Sweets (but they couldn’t reference) would have made it even worse.

It is just overdue to get rid of the lot. Bring back Zack via a retcon or Evil Twin and restore the show.

Why didn’t they hit the local homeless shelters first looking for an ID, why go the the Pentagon first?

They went to the pentagon because he had shrapnel that placed him there and was wondering if anyone would recognize him (10 years later, yeah, sure).

While I liked how they pieced together the mystery and solved it - I get tired of the preachiness that has become standard for an episode of bones.

I did, however, like the interaction between the interns.

Zach was never an intern - he was Bones’ grad student.

Ugh, what was all that 9/11 glurge in the latest episode? Seriously…

Definitely a jumping the shark moment for the series.

Let’s get it over with …

Bones, 12/3/12 “The Ghost in the Machine”.

Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Just when I was hoping that the show wasn’t going to suck so much anymore, it’s back to its worst form and then some.

Spoilers, … but who cares anymore?

The entire episode is from the perspective of the victim-of-the-week’s skull. I.e., the cast talks to the skull/camera. The skull is carried around. Nothing of note happens unless the skull is present and out of its box.

Which leads to incredible absurdities. Excuses have to be made so that suspects and such are interviewed with the skull present. The skull is taken out of the lab to Bones/Booth’s home and then a crime scene. A car is brought into the middle of the lab so that the examination of the car is done in front of the skull.

Yeah, it was as bad as it sounds.

But wait, there’s less! Cyndi Lauper was dragged out again for some dippy psychic crap.

And the usual unbelievable stuff was less believable. I.e., after the victim was killed, his body was moved to a pump house that was used as a homeless/teen hangout. But somehow no one noticed the putrid corpse there. And 3 spots on the skull magically lined up with 3 holes in the wall of the building. They were caused by Sun bleaching. Umm, the path of the sun beams changes each day plus the amount of time the sun would shine on a small area on a skull is very, very short. So much for Science.

If you are a remaining fan of Bones, don’t watch this episode. Nothing happened that will affect future relationships and it will just make you angry. You need the space on your DVR anyway.