Barry Season 4 HBO. Open spoilers

Agreed.

And as far as

Well the trying figure out how it makes sense is what I find interesting. Sally being so disinterested in the child, neglectful? Fine depressed and alcoholic …

The where it is going? This sets the table.

O.k. now I’m thinking the flashforward really was a fantasy.

When Jim Moss snatched Barry at Gene’s son’s house, he was in his plaid shirt, unshaven, wearing glasses, and with a slight paunch. When he’s un-hooded, he’s in a t-shirt, shaven, no glasses, and with no paunch.

That said that whole sequence with Sally in the house while it was being attacked was creepy and intense.

Agree about the scene of the attack on the house; it was intense and I didn’t totally understand it, but perhaps you’re right about the flashforward being a fantasy or perhaps hallucination of Barry as he’s subject to torture by Jim Moss.

His hallucination includes Sally’s experiences by herself? And Gene’s? And NoHo’s? …

Sure. Don’t you ever dream with a non-personal perspective?

No. I’ve never experienced a dream as myself and as others. Have you?

Well, in the sense that I’m watching other people – not seeing it as if I was involved. That’s how I read those scenes. I’ve had a lot of dreams where I as myself was not involved at all. It’s like watching a movie. Until you realize it doesn’t actually make much sense.

I just don’t understand it at all. The guy yelling about something in his eye? Her hallucinating there or have some sort of break I could buy.

I’m still having a hard time accepting her as a neglectful and now actually abusive mother.

Yes, the house attack. I mean, what in the hell happened?

The figure was behind her, following her in, and I thought it was going to close the door and be in the room with her, and then it closed the door to keep her in.

But then something about getting things in his eye and calling a woman a b*tch, as if someone else was out there. Only bit that sort of reminded me of was the kill that Sally did of the man who was strangling her. Where he had a pen (?) in his neck and couldn’t see out one eye.

Then he’s saying the kid looks as if he’s dead, and then he’s gone… Then the car attacks the house, but has some sort of crane thing smashing through the wall. Then it stopped.

Even on rewatch it didn’t make much sense.

The fragment and the eye thing is making it sound like some sort of dream.

I’ve just went back to the youtube sequence of Sally killing the biker (2:03), and the door closing. It’s the same voice saying the same thing. Up until the point when he’s talking about waking the kid up. That could be from elsewhere.

I’d go further now and speculate that everyone in this sequence (ie: last two episodes) are dead and this is hell or limbo.

One recap I read said that the voice saying “I can’t see” was a flashback to someone that she killed. (And BTW, she is a terrible cook. She served John a badly burned grilled cheese sandwich and the chicken pot pie she gave him earlier looked awful. Almost raw, I think. It’s a wonder the kid isn’t starving to death.)

Sally was drunk and laid down in bed, that’s when she began hearing someone. She was dreaming/imagining/reliving the attack from last season where the biker strangled her and she stabbed him in the eye. The whole thing was either entirely a dream or if the house really was trashed I think she did it herself in a drunken hallucination.

Btw the shot where the camera slowly panned to reveal the figure fully clad in black standing behind here was a really good scare! I was expecting to see someone in the window, not immediately behind her!

The figure in black behind Sally in the house reminded me of the outfit that Barry wore when he was trying to talk Ronny into going to Chicago rather than killing him.

I loved the new look for Fuchs and how they showed him gaining a girlfriend. Hilarious!

The Raven. Ha!

Yes. Extra characters. (Extra characters because of stupid Discourse, it only coincidentally fits in the context of my intended-to-be one word reply.)

I think that both Barry Zuckercorn and Jimmy James are wearing their trauma well.

Or not.

Yeah, I figured that out.

I’m losing interest in the show.

The characters as they now stand seem to be a bit random rather than fleshed out. The humor is not frequent enough (although I did like the girlfriend and daughter scene and the budget bit ).

Not sure how they will end it but am reaching the point that I care less about how they do.

Ah well.

I really enjoyed that episode. I think it remains one of the best shows ever made.