Can we do commercials we love again?

Anybody remember a commercial from years and years ago for Lysol (I think) air freshener spray? It showed a family arriving at a relative’s house for dinner, and as soon as they entered the house the young daughter screwed up her face and complained, “It smells like fish!” So the aunt/grandmother/whoever produces a can of “regular” air freshener and starts spraying it around the room. Then the girl screwed up her face even more and declared, “Now it smells like fish and roses!”

All-time favorite:

And “Looking for Group”. :smack:

Along these lines, there’s one out now where a little girl is asking her dad to borrow the car, and when he hands over the keys she’s suddenly a teenager, with a “they grow up so fast” type of tagline. That part is meh, but then a little boy of about 8 comes up and the dad asks “where are you going?” The kid slings a jacket over his shoulder and says “Work.” I don’t remember what the commercial is for, but that kid’s delivery of “work” just slays me.

The Navy SEALs commercial is brilliant.

Scene: Dark waves lapping on a dark beach. Clouds cover the moon, it’s dark for a few seconds, and when the cloud passes there are footprints in the wet sand. The next wave washes them away and it was as if they were never there.

Totally bad ass and perfect.

(not a new commercial, but it still makes my insides all dancy)

*Things
Are what I like to do
Doing things is what I like to do
Things
Are what I like to do
No twiddlin’ my thumbs, I get everything done
I’m slightly more productive than previously, because
I’m slightly more efficient than I previously was
Doing things is what I like to do!

YES!*

I don’t remember what the commercial is for, either, but you’re right - the little boy going to work just nails his line. :slight_smile:

ETA: Every time I see that Dunkin’ Donuts tagline ("America runs on Dunkin’s), I think nutritionists must just scream at the tv - “Get a good night’s sleep and eat properly! Don’t rev yourself up with caffeine and empty sugar calories!”

I can’r find a video link for it, but there’s a commercial for Cinnamon Toast Crunch which features an attractive woman sitting on the couch with a bowl of the cereal and talking to her dog. She says, “You know when I rub your belly and you get that look on your face like you’re thinking, ‘Oh, yeah!’?”

She can rub my belly any time. I’ll give her an “Oh, yeah!” :smiley:

Macys is running a commercial which is just a bunch of clips from real movies & TV shows where the characters mention Macys. At the end the voice over is “What other store has been a part of your life for 150 years?”

They must have had to go through about a million clips to put it together.

I think this Nike commercial featuring Ladainian Tomlinson and Troy Polamalu was really well-done.

Yes, and it has “Ecstasy of Gold” by Ennio Morricone, which gives it extra credit.
I love that song.

I used to do the same thing during Jeopardy!, except I did it when Alex was announcing the categories. I’d always say “Dogs,” hoping dogs would be a category. Once or twice it was.
I like the song in the Budweiser commercial that goes “This is Budweiser…this is beer!”

Mercenaries 2.

Something about the combination of a lilting tune with those lyrics and the violent theme of the actual game just cracks me up!!

I remembered which one I like…when the baby is being born and cuts its own cord.

“Well, we did stay at a Holiday Inn Express…”

“About nine months ago!”

I like the ones about milk (?) whose slogan is “Happy Cows Come From California”. They’re doing a series now where the cows compete to be happy California cows. My favorite is the teen girl cow who is filming herself saying something like, “I should be a California cow because my friend Janie says I can’t, but I told her yes I could, and then she said…” At this point her little brother runs through the shot, knocking over the camera, and hollers, “Don’t vote for Sheila!” (Names made up by me because I couldn’t possibly remember the real ones). There’s another one with a stage-mom-like cow and her offspring, and at least one more I’ve forgotten.

Woohoo! The world is awesome.

I’ve been watching this all day, on and off. It just makes me giggle.