Closing in on the "Unofficial Start of Summer" in the MMP

WARNING: a TMI kind of post
My daughter (5-years-old) has been dealing with some constipation over the last couple weeks, getting out only small poops. It’s been making her feel unwell and have a hard time controlling her bowels. (Her colon is so distended with the constipation, she can’t feel when she actually has to poop, so she has accidents.) So the doc suggested we give her a serious batch of fiber, like, 4 capfuls of Miralax, over the weekend. Barely did anything for her the whole weekend.

The floodgates gave out at school today. She crapped herself so bad and so suddenly that my husband had to leave work to clean her up. He did, went back to work, then got called about an hour later. Same deal.

He just brought her home at this point. Poor kid. I just want to snuggle her and her rumbly gut and tell her it’ll be ok. I mean, make sure she’s got a clean butt first, but still snuggle her. Hopefully this clears out whatever was plugging her up and she feels better after a few more good poops.

And kudos to my husband for taking care of her. His work is much slower right now, so I appreciate him taking the time today to deal with this gross situation.

My car has fresh oil. I’m about to throw supper together. It’s been a pretty productive day, which is remarkable, considering how little sleep I got.

Back to the grind tomorrow.

I expect to see Ivanhoe ride down that road, with Wamba in attendance.

Today has been particularly unproductive for me.

I thought after the blood irk I would come home and go to irk. Then Sah-son said we’d mow the grass (well he mows and I sit out front with him) so I fitzed around the internet for over an hour, then when we got done I ate some breakfast and took a nap.
I made some hamburgers for him for dinner, I have a little steak in the fridge I’ll make later for my dinner.

Juliet, hope the little one gets to feeling better. My story at that age wasn’t constipation, but eating a box of chocolates–named Ex-Lax. Lived in that bathroom for hours on end.

Nut, that’s narrow even for England. I always got a kick when staying with some friends there when they would point out a bridge and mentioned it was built in the 1700’s or so…just a common ordinary bridge to them.

wet one, enjoy Edinburgh. Great city.

Napped this afternoon after waking at 3am today, but did manage to schedule two more contractors to take a look at the house for kitchen/bathroom remodeling this week. One final estimate next week and hopefully I can make a decision early in June.

We have just had the hardest rain I have ever experienced including during tropical storms or hurricanes. I love it. The cat is hunkered down in a cardboard box and Louie is glued to my lap.

I irked for a half day and made beef stew after I got home. It was good.

Juliet poor kiddo. I hope the kids don’t give her a hard time and kudos to her daddy.

flytrap, basically, I browned some chicken thighs seasoned with salt, pepper and cumin, put them in a casserole dish, put some scallions, garlic and about 1.5 TBS of flour into the pan, brown them a bit, then deglaze with a cup of chardonnay and two cups of chicken stock. Then I added a small bunch of chopped cilantro, the juice of two limes and the zest of one and simmered for a few minutes. Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake at 375F for 30-40 minutes and serve over rice. I’m finding tonight that it is better the second day.

To the OP, the kids in my town get out in early June. They go back mid August. At my old place, the kids would get out at the end of May and go back in late July.

I got up to a BG of 66, therefore didn’t go to irk. I lazed around during the morning, drinking a coke with cane sugar and eating a tangerine for breakfast. Once the sugar was up to non-shakey levels, I walked the dog and took a nap. This afternoon, I got some decorative work done on the pants project and will likely finish them tonight.

Thanks, missred. She also likes chicken thighs.

Worked, came home, napped. Making Chilie Lime chicken for dinner. Just had a massive thunderstorm, got 2" of water on my deck.

Laser pointer. Cats love the Red Dot. :wink:

:eek: I’ve seen backwoods footpaths that were wider.

Poor kid. But glad Romeo was able to come get her.:slight_smile:

I hope your little girl feels better soon Juliet.

That’s a mighty little road nut. It’s even smaller than some of the mountain roads in the eastern part of the state where I live.

On the plus side, they are bonding.

Today has just crossed into a new level of suck. I have to go to Court with Aidan because he missed so much school after his depression. :eek::frowning: He’s going to freak out. I am already freaked out. I hope they can’t put me in jail.

Binging on amusement parks and history events.
Doubled today and found out a good friend got promoted to customer. Mostly undeserved but not totally; it was usually a bad idea to ask him his honest opinion. Have to get up early for a car appointment so thats it for now.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 70 degrees Amurrkin out and cloudy (well, dark) with a predicted high of 83 and rain/tstorms/apocalypse for the day. We did get several downpours likened unto gully washers yestiddy. The broadband and landline were both out all afternoon and last night. A call to that deep, dark, dank, inner circle of hell known as ATT technical support did not help. I unplugged the modem and left it unplugged overnight. Plugged it in this mornin’ and everything is fine. Go figure. The big plan for the day is laundry and maybe even gasp ironin.’ gasp I also get to wait for FedEx to deliver my meds. I have to sign for 'em so I shall live in fear whenever I need to go pee since that will be when FedEx shows up probably. We shall sup upon beastloaf, peas 'n butterbeans with okra, mac ‘n cheese, and cornbread. Yes, I shall for real cook!
Juliet hope the little one is feelin’ better today bless her little heart in the good way.

Everyone else, I read but retained little so yays, boos, hugs, noogies, chitlins, congrats, and how you doin’s all around as needed.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

Today’s jobs are tidying up any loose ends before I go camping, plus final revision. This means I have a constant feeling that I’ve forgotten something. I want to leave the place tidy, but skool irk has had priority over tidying up lately, so things do need a bit of a clean.

Got the windscreen replacement organised- relatively painless, though spending £50 to fix stuff is never fun. I explained that I might be difficult to contact to the lady on the phone it, she sounded extremely envious that I might not be able to check my email or answer the phone for 5 days (the place I’m going may have some kind of wifi, if someone bothered to set it up, I ain’t counting on it).

Yeah, I’m going on about this trip- attendees tend to get a little attached; for example, I just found out a couple I know arrived yesterday with their baby. Their first kid, born 12 days earlier. He’s not even the youngest baby that’s been to the event that I know of. That would be an 11 day old who came a few years back.

And I think organising for myself is tricky…

Back in the office. About to start caffeinating. rah.

I think Higgs hears my daughter get up in the wee hours to feed the baby because she (Higgs) starts barking like an idiot. **FCD **discovered that putting the water bottle outside her crate pointed in her direction seems to do the trick. :smiley:

My brain needs to remember what I was doing last week - I’ve still got some drawings of Josh’s weldment to do, plus something for Doug which has been requested by the head of Engineering, so maybe that should be the priority.

When my eyes are fully open…

Tip for the day - don’t wear new pants before you try them on. My new khakis are LOOOOOOOOOONG! I can hem them, but not in the office. So I turned up the ends into tacky cuffs and I’ll deal when I get home.

Happy Tuesday!

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

Happy Toosday!

I woke up too early, but once up I’m up and can’t go back to sleep.

It’s a cloudy 66 degrees outside. Rain is in the forecast.
The back jungle will get trimmed sometime today.

Nothing special on the agenda today, irk, pay a few bills, do some cleaning.
SSDD

Morning all. Up at 0700 today, sunny outside but a 50% chance for tunder-boomers this afternoon. Have a home-remodeling guy coming by this afternoon, so I need to make both myself and the house reasonably presentable.

FCGM, I recommend a second does of caffeine. And I know what you mean with pants; I bought several apris of jeans based on the measurements and it did not end well (well, my end didn’t fit).

{{Sunny}}, hope the court date is relatively painless.

TVCTPMO is after me this mornin’. The garage door acted up (got it fixed), cell phone acted up (got it fixed), a kinda snotty email from someone about a customer satisfaction form I agreed to fill out and return (I did fill it out and return via email) that hadn’t been received (it suddenly appeared) and I bumped my knee on the shower door. Maybe I should go back to bed and call today a loss. :smiley:

Sounds like a case of the Mondays… on Tuesday…

But it can only get better from here, right???