Closing in on the "Unofficial Start of Summer" in the MMP

& then the boss yelled at you for being late to irk, right, Swampy? :rolleyes:
As for me, I rushed to get in (a minute or two late) for a meeting…that was cxl’d.
Mooommm, we hung a hamster water bottle on the side of OBL’s cage for a while, but then the drips started to cause rust so it was removed. Don’t know what yours is made of.
If desired, you could fill it with elderberry wine. :smiley:

Kiddo is feeling better today. We’ll see if the kids give her grief today, but she’s in a small class and the kids are pretty good kids. She is a budding comic, though, because man did she think the sounds her body made during a good “juicy poop” were hilarious. I thought she’d be more miserable. Nope, she was letting 'er rip and laughing up a storm in the bathroom last night.

And on the flip side, Romeo actually thanked me yesterday. I’d been doing the majority of clean-up of her accidents that lead up to this incident. He had no idea just how nasty a 5-year-old’s butt can be. It’s worse than a baby. Believe me.
Hope your day gets better, Swampy!

The FedEx delivery person is on The List. One can come to a door and you know, RING the doorbell, which does work. Said delivery person did not do so. I get a text sayin’ an attempt was made and no one was home. I have not left da cave today so he did not ring the doorbell. Thus, I shall go myself to FedEx in the mornin’ so I can sign for the package there. GRRR!

OK, rant over. We now return you to your regularly scheduled MMP.

You realize that despite what the note said, it will be out for delivery when you go in?

FedEx sucketh that way. How dare you not be standing by the curb ready to catch your package as they drive by!!!

You forgot the trouts

Today was a sucky day all the way around. I agreed to help do some interviews that should have been over in a hour and a half. So six hours later we are finished. Never again. Don’t even ask.

No lunch today and I am crabby. I am about to skedaddle early and don’t care who cares.

You do you. They sucked up your time and sucked up your day. Enjoy the evening.

I’d tell you my latest tale of woe, but it seems like all I do is complain any more and I don’t want to be seen as that person.

Juliet, I feel for the little one. Good that she’s apparently taking it in stride though.

Yeah, FedEx doth indeed sucketh. Whenever I order something that comes that way I have it delivered to Wifeys office. There’s aways somebody there. Except on Saturday, which is apparently The day for things to arrive.

Hey Swampy, We’ve got 3 rolls of terlet paper left. Should I get some today, or wait 'til later in the week? d:r :smiley:

Happy Toosday y’all!

Chickie is rotissin - I hope it’s done soon - I’s hongree!!!

We have supped and it was good if’n I do say so myself. I make a nummy beastloaf.

Bumba I trust that after your post you went post haste (post. post haste. I crack me up!) and bought at least a case of terlet paper. :dubious:

Flytrap FedEx and I had a looooooooong talk and the package shall await me at the local office. I have a phone call, a text, and an email confirmin’ this. I need to go to :eek:Wally Jr.:eek: anyways so I can just go to the one over by the FedEx. Win-Win! Sorta. As long as I get my meds it will all be good.

Juliet the fact that little one was so amused just warms my heart cockles. :smiley:

Mooooom, I’ve been known to use paperclips or scotch tape as an emergency hem. Nothing says professionalism like office supply tailoring. :stuck_out_tongue:

swampy, FedEx never could find my home when I lived in my last apartment. Seems like they couldn’t tell the difference between Road and Court. :rolleyes: USPO at my current address delivered not only my new espresso pot, but two neighbors’ packages to my door and ran off without knocking a couple of weeks ago. Since I was only expecting one package, I knew that a couple of them weren’t mine and made the delivery.

I spent most of my day confirming a large error that my cycle counters made. That means that I didn’t get other things needing done done. Tonight, I’ll start a new layout in the studio.

I forgot: GMom I had a hem problem one time too, but they had these things called staplers :smiley: Worked a treat!

Today is Taco Grande Pizza Toosday, so dinner shall be a large beef. :smiley:

And yes I did purchase a bit of T.P. at the sto Swampy but not a full case. Didn’t want to fill out all the paperwork for the loan.

I noticed this afternoon that cats flee in terror from a person carrying a large box, while dogs plod along, often directly under said box.
Dogs are chumps, and cats are, well, cats.
On edit: I don’t wish to offend dog owners. Perhaps I should have said, “trusting chumps.”

I once had a flip flop separate from its sole. A heavy duty stapler took care of the problem and I got a couple more years use. :p. I think we are all ghetto.

Every box that comes into this home is a cat toy.

Weird weather. I had to turn in the soccer bag we coaches get (Soccer balls, cones, pinneys, etc.) to the storage shed about 5 miles south of me. Was dry when I pulled out of my driveway, started raining halfway there and was a deluge by the time I got to the storage spot. Made dropoff and by the time I got home…it was completely dry, not a drop of rain had fallen. 'Scattered storms" indeed.

Had the second of 4 remodelers in to give me an estimate, another one tomorrow. Each has pretty good ideas, just not the same ones, we’ll see what the new guy brings to the table. All of them want to do work on my shower, even though I nearly never use it (I am a confirmed bathaholic). Only thing is I have to decide on the color and type of cabinets, floor, paint, and stone. Tempted to import swampy (since he just went through this) and a couple of the lady mumpers to help with the styling. Otherwise I need to trust my own taste…:eek:

I at least get a knock from Fed Ex and UPS. Of course by the time I get to the door they are speeding away…

Bumba, if you got a problem, we’ll be the first to make fun of it…err, listen to it.

swampy, I think I mentioned it before, but I’d like your beastloaf recipe sometime.

Perseus stared at the box containing an ELECTRIC START, SELF PROPELLED (my apologies) lawnmower from when Mrs. Plant (v.3.0) managed to get it inside at 2:00 until I arrived home at 3:45. “Open the damn box and get the crap out!”

HMS Perseus, an obviously British submarine, was sunk by it’s own torpedo in WWII. Presumably, a large box was not involved.

Just saying.

What percentage of mustard is wasted by not being able to squeeze it out of the squeeze bottle? :mad:

Go home, draw a nice, really hot bath. Put some of that special stuff* in the water & climb in.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Staplers, glue guns, scotch tape and electrical tape a cigarette burn in a black skirt) are all legit repair materials.

Especially when you are second at it. :wink:
The car is now all fixed and I am home from irk. The heat shield was coming loose. Which since I sometimes drive at speeds approaching reentry velocity could have been a problem. Now I am finally catching up here.