Colibri has died

I can’t really add to what everyone said above, but it was a sucker punch to the heart when I read this…
Condolences to all.

Very sad news.

Well crap. I always thought of him as an expert and beloved teacher.

Oh No! Our bird expert!

So sad.

Like many of us, I’ve been a member of online communities for a couple of decades. The most surprising to realize is just how real the vacancies the departed leave behind are. And so it is here, as much as Colibri was a valued member here, there is nothing I can add here that hasn’t already been said by others, yet his absence here will be profoundly felt by me. And I can’t really explain why that is, but it is.

Godspeed, Colibri. May your new adventures exceed you wildest wishes.

After reading all 184 posts, yours is the one that made me cry… :cry:

I’m very sad to hear this; he has been part of my sdmb experience since the very beginning.

Colibri lived the type of life that other men covet. RIP, George.

Oh, damn, I’m so sorry.

Excellent article, thanks for sharing.

I can’t help but think while reading it, “how the heck did he manage to find time to even post to, much less moderate, the SDMB?”

Very sorry to hear this. He was a good mod and a knowledgeable poster. Seems like a cool person as well.

There are many remarkable people on the SDMB. I knew some things about Colibri but not others, so I thank those who have posted articles and assorted attributes.

Naturalists have a lot of downtime, patiently sitting and waiting. Also, no mention of a partner or children, which probably frees up some time.

It wouldn’t even take a single hand’s fingers to count the Dopers I hold in as high esteem as I do Colibri. He’s a light lost far beyond our corner of the internet.

I thought the same thing. He was a force of nature.

But in the middle of nowhere watching birds… do you have internet access?

RIP and fly high, Colibri.

Oh, man. Words just aren’t coming.

Thanks for all your support, in several communities, Colibri.

So sad that our hummingbird has flown.

:cry:

I’m completely shocked…what a loss for his family, friends, and this board (and the little birds, too).