Colibri has died

So much sadness the last couple of years. And now Colibri is gone too.

Just in case anyone here hasn’t noticed, Ed Zotti has a tribute to Colibri over in ATMB.

Oh I am so sorry to see this. So sad.

RIP Colibri.

We may have lost a friend, but the world has lost so much more.

Ornithology in Panama. What a way to go! :+1:

I might try it myself someday.

RIP

Farewell sweet ornithologist and may flights of hummingbirds sing thee to thy rest.

I never had much interaction with him, as I recall. My loss. He seems the sort of fellow that The Straight Dope in general and this message board was made for – fighting ignorance and disseminating knowledge. Condolences to his family and friends.

I am sad to hear this.
Colibri was a great participant and key part of the Dope.
From his posts he certainly seemed to enjoy his life and research in Panama.

Count me as one of those who did not know him well, or interacted with him much, but I would read his posts in their entirety whenever I came across them in a thread. I was really shocked to see the thread title and find that it was unfortunately true. :frowning:

//i\\

Very sad news. I had the hugest of Doper crushes on him as a poster, and admired him tremendously as a moderator.

Just popped in to see what was happening and saw this thread. So sad to see him go. He posted and moderated in a sober style most often but unleashed a sharp edged wit when needed. We argued some, gonna miss that. Sleep soundly now Colibri, you are missed.

Just noticed this thread. Dreadfully sad news to hear.
Condolences and sympathy to his family.

Same here.

Very sad to hear this. I’d been thinking of posting a bird question and looking forward to hear his take on it, and now it’s too late. Farewell Colibri :cry:

See the ATMB thread — Ed is working on a memorial — sponsoring a research fellowship for the STRI.

Brian

How very, very, very sad.

:anguished: RIP Colibri.

RIP Colibri

R.I.P.

Not good at these things, and I thought those sentiments summed it up better than I ever could.