[QUOTE=MaddyStrut]
For some odd reason that I cannot fathom, I always get Evil Captor and Crafter Man confused. Their names have nothing in common but each has one word that starts with “C”.
[/QUOTE]
Well, some here think I’m evil. So when you see my name, perhaps you’re thinking “Evil Crafter_Man”, which sounds a lot like Evil Captor. ![]()
[QUOTE=OneCentStamp]
I just think “cunt” whenever I see his/her screen name. “Cuntinator?” I think to myself. “Cuntcanker? No. Eww. Couldn’t be.” ![]()
[/QUOTE]
THAT gets my giggle of the day award! Thanks!
And how could you people not understand Wookin’s name?
Kids these days…
[QUOTE=Autumn Almanac]
Wow, until this very minute I thought it was “Bob the Optometrist.” I was way off.
[/QUOTE]
He’ll always be an optometrist to me…
:smack:
[QUOTE=thirdwarning]
And my family doesn’t understand why I keep coming back here. Where else could this perfect an answer come up this soon, seemingly off the top of the head?
[/QUOTE]
And don’t forget: all wrapped up in a nice LotR reference, to boot. How delightfully nerdy. ![]()
dream shattered, illusions lost…
I can’t believe I never caught that! And my step-mom is a PICU nurse!!
I read Shagnasty as Shag"H"asty for the first couple months I posted. I guess either is still in the realm of “quick and dirty”, tho, huh?
[QUOTE=norinew]
Mangetout is a guy, and has stated in several similar threads that the name actually is mange tout.
[/QUOTE]
This is entirely correct.
I must add that I confuse SmartAleq for SmartAlex, 'cause I just did it in another thread and crossed her gender.
[QUOTE=dahfisheroo]
spingears I always read as Spring Ears.
[/QUOTE]
:smack:
[QUOTE=SlowMindThinking]
I must add that I confuse SmartAleq for SmartAlex, 'cause I just did it in another thread and crossed her gender.
[/QUOTE]
What a username/quote combo. We are not surprised SlowmindThinking. ![]()
I’ll 'fess up. I am pretty guilty of all of the above. Not am I bad about reading names correctly, but I am also pathologically unable to carry grudges across threads or sub-forums. Offend me all you want in the Pit, but I’ll love you in MPSIMS.
Count me in for **SpringEars **and WookieInAPub. I know they’re wrong, just can’t see 'em any other way.
I have the same user ID here as on WoW, where my ex-guidies universally pronounced it Ass-Canz instead of aSKANce. Ignorami.
Although I have met him many times in person and heard him say his Doper name out loud, I often think of Cervaise (sir-VIE-uh-see) as a French person would pronounce it: sair-VEZ.
[QUOTE=E. Thorp]
Although I have met him many times in person and heard him say his Doper name out loud, I often think of Cervaise (sir-VIE-uh-see) as a French person would pronounce it: sair-VEZ.
[/QUOTE]
I always say “sair-VASE.” That’s not how it’s pronounced???
I hate to admit this, but for a while I had Antinor01 and Antigen confused.
Since one is a lab-workin’ lady from Canada working to join her boyfriend in the States and the other is an erudite but slightly bitter-sounding gay man, this made their posts with a combined attribution very weird.
“Does not compute does not compute does not compute”
At least no one out there has a name like mine.
[QUOTE=levdrakon]
I always say “sair-VASE.” That’s not how it’s pronounced???
[/QUOTE]
I thought it was “sir-vayse” as in Ricky Gervais.
[QUOTE=faithfool]
I think all the ones I have problems with have already been discussed (except maybe Triskadecamus, which I’ve always read as tris-ka-der-mus), however, yanno, it truly sucks to have such a boring username that no one ever mispronounces it. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
Wow, I just realised: It’s not Trisk-a-day-mus. Lost a syllable somewhere…
[QUOTE=Captain Carrot]
Freudian Push Up Bra, I truly love your username. It just rocks.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you - I chose it as a lurker when there was a username suggestion thread here on the SDMB! So thank the Dopers (I do not remember who came up with it, but clearly, I love them). I like it because it’s kinda naughty but really just a play on words using lingerie. Very fitting, when you think about it.
[QUOTE=gabriela]
I hate to admit this, but for a while I had Antinor01 and Antigen confused.
[/QUOTE]
Oh good, I’m not the only one - I knew one was female and the other was a gay man and they both talk about men and boyfriends. Don’t make it easy on us or anything! Them and SolGrundy and HarimadSol. One is a gay man, the other is a woman. They both talk about men and liking them.
[QUOTE=Revenant Threshold]
I thought it was “sir-vayse” as in Ricky Gervais.
[/QUOTE]
Me too. I’ve only just realised that your name is Revenant not Reverant or Reverand. At least I never said it aloud.
I also just realised that I always say matt_mcl as Matt Mackle in my head.
I always pronounce Cervaise as “cerveza” in my head. And although I am aware on an intellectual level that John Mace and Miller are not the same person, for some reason I confused them for the longest time, and the association is now permanent. And I also thought Msmith was Ms. Smith for a long time.
I was just looking at a thread started by mangeorge and parsed it as mange orge. Damn my high school French class.
Of course, that means I’ve always seen Mangetout as Mange tout , so I guess French class wasn’t all bad.
Hint: Do not take French classes in Tennessee. If you’re not careful, your pronunciation will be fucked up from listening to someone try to speak French with a Southern accent.
[QUOTE=Kairos]
I was just looking at a thread started by mangeorge and parsed it as mange orge. Damn my high school French class.
[/QUOTE]
I always used to think he was Mange Ogre - an ogre with patchy hair, you know?
[QUOTE=gabriela]
I hate to admit this, but for a while I had Antinor01 and Antigen confused.
Since one is a lab-workin’ lady from Canada working to join her boyfriend in the States and the other is an erudite but slightly bitter-sounding gay man, this made their posts with a combined attribution very weird.
“Does not compute does not compute does not compute”
At least no one out there has a name like mine.
[/QUOTE]
Heh, that is a rather amusing mixup. Actually I’ve been thinking of changing my username for a while, I want to get on the clever username train dammit!
(BTW, thanks for the compliment Gabriela. Though I’m thinking I should work on that bitter thing)