Desperate Housewives 11/11

I don’t know what’s going on tonight except for more Gabi n’ Carlos business. No other info right now. Will see you later.

The Kathryn subplot took a total backseat last week, I imagine she’ll be getting some time tonight.

I’m a little worried about what the previews showed.

If Gabby kills Victor by knocking him off the boat, I’m out. I mean, he’s the flipping mayor…how the hell is she expected to get away with murdering the mayor! With any luck he’ll come sputtering up for air, Carlos will rescue him, and due to the knock on the head he’ll have amnesia, forget everything about Gabby, leaving her and Carlos to live happily ever after. Until something else happens.

I’m a little concerned about the whole boat thing too. Fairview is on the flippin’ ocean now?!

I wonder if Gabi…

…grabbed her cell phone off the boat after Victor took it. Also, I totally knew Mike was gonna get those pills out of the drain pipe!.

Otto:

Of course - isn’t it in the same state as Springfield?

I had always pegged it as Southern California coast. I mean, isn’t it obvious? Everybody’s looney. :wink:

Oh God, it grates. Bree is a manipulative bitch. I have no strong feelings one way or the other about circumcision, but her sneaky efforts to go behind Orson’s back when he had completely valid reasons for dreading the procedure were despicable.

I pegged Katherine’s blank “letter” with her ex’s contact info the second Dylan sat down.

Since when is Mike a drug addict? And getting pain pills out of a gunky old pipe? Eww.

The only thing marginally redeemable was seeing Sarah Paulson as Lynette’s sister. How bad must her mother feel, knowing none of her daughters want her.

In any event, I think I’m done. Gabby killed the goddamn mayor of Fairview, for Og’s sake…does she really think she’s going to get away with it??? There’s suspension of belief, then there’s expecting me to skate off the edge of the world, where dragons be.

:rolleyes:

I realize that the creators deliberately obscure the location of Fairview (it’s in “The Eagle State”) but they had I thought fairly well established that it’s in the midwest. They couldn’t have just said “lake” instead of “ocean”?

I had thought it was somewhere in the Mountain West…you know, near Colorado/Utah. Still doesn’t explain the ocean, though.

I seem to recall when Gabi was trying to get her modeling career going again they placed the city pretty squarely in the midwest. I thought they’d even specified at some point that Fairview is in Illinois, but that may just be a byproduct of practically every new character on the show migrating from there.

Gusy (and gasl), the show is a farce. It’s Stepford Wives Liberated and on steroids. It’s just a dark comedy, rather than a string of zingers a la Airplane. I like the show for what it is. I like the weird and serendipitous turns of events.

The hell? … Guys (and gals)…

Lynette was a major hypocrite in this. First she drives off and leaves her mother with one sister; later tells both sisters she hates them when they say they don’t want to live with the mother. Lynette didn’t want that either! She was a hypocrite, Bree was just plain mean and deceitful, Edie was vile as usual, Gaby and the plumber’s wife were both dumb as usual. And no Nathan Filion. Why am I watching this show?

Because of all that. Everybody’s a hypocrite about something or other. We all rationalize on behalf of ourselves. As someone once said, we tend to judge ourselves by our intentions, and others by their behavior.

It’s obviously on the east coast of Colotah, just north of the West Springfield Oil fields and Mount Carlmore.

I just started watching the show this season because of my girlfriend. I am surprised that I am somewhat enjoying it.

On thing though, I have never seen a show that so obviously telegraphs what’s going to happen next. I mean some dude rants about he’s a just a plumber and then dumps a bunch of pills down the sink. How could anyone not see from a million miles away that he was going to retrieve them?..and the blank sheet of paper…and the duffel bag not containing a gun.

My girlfriend thinks I’m Kreskin or something because I keep telling her what’s going to happen next.

Well, he’s lucky no one used the sink. I was surprised to see him go after them. I don’t know why they wouldn’t be soaked/dissolved from just the water in the trap.

He’s a junkie. He needs a fix. Why are you attributing rational thought to him?

It just seemed to come out of nowhere. Sure, he popped a couple of pills the episode before, but we’ve all done that…antibiotics, vitamins, etc. I didn’t get any sense that Mike had any problems with addiction, and it was like another What Drama Can We Add Now to Susan’s Life sort of thing. There was no reason for it, other than to throw more crap into Wisteria Lane.