DFW Dopers: Bubba Ho-Tep is coming

This is for all you Bruce Campbell fans. Okay, there’s really only one big fan and that’s Psiekier, but the rest of us have developed an appreciation for the man. Bubba Ho-tep is coming to the Angelika theater on Mockingbird in Dallas.

Here’s a quick summary of the movie (stolen from the Bubba Ho-Tep website at http://www.bubbahotep.com):

So, do we want to make plans to see the movie? It opens at the Angelika on October 31st. I don’t know how long it’ll run, but I know I’m interested in seeing it.

Sounds like fun to me. I will have Mtgman drop in to catch the details.

Melissa

Count me in.

I’m game.

Groovy. I’m going, but I’m already booked Saturday night (November 1st). I’m sure they have shows in the afternoon, too; that’s how I saw Cowboy Bebop.

Just saw it in Chicago Friday night (and Bruce Campbell was at the screening :)). Definitely a fun movie, but it’s also suprisingly serious and poignant at times.

I have never heard of this story (or film) before, but I just read a review in the Boston Phoenix, and now I have to see it. It hits on all my “bad movie” chords – my apologies to fans of the film and the story, but it’s true. Dan Coscarelli (Phantasm) directing, that way-out plot, Bruce Campbell starring… It’s just an off-the-wall film-lover’s smorgasbord.

I’ll need to double check with my uh…calendar; yeah, calendar, but we(being my calendar and me) should be able to make it.

Absolutely! That’s why I want to see it too.

And because of that whole Elvis thing. Bruce Campbell and Elvis. It’s the perfect film for the DFW Dopers.

I’d just like to point out that Bubba Ho-Tep is also part of the Deep Ellum Film Festival, which opens with ALIEN: The Director’s Cut. Bubba screens on Oct. 30, with the director in attendance. And Prison-A-Go-Go should be, um, interesting, considering the director’s previous effort.

Crapmonkey. I just checked with the calendar and she pointed out I’m on-call that week. I’ll have to join ya’ll some other time.

Crapmonkey. I just checked with the calendar and she pointed out I’m on-call that week. I’ll have to join y’all some other time.

I’m in if I can swing it. Let me know the day and time.

Halloween probably isn’t good especially since some of our folks have kids. How about Sunday, Nov. 2?

The 2nd would be ok depending on the time. Our oldest gets back from camp on Sunday. I will let Mtgman know.

Melissa

Damn that Hollywood. Won’t they ever come up with an original idea?

:smiley:

It’s kicking off our IndieMemphis film festival too. I can’t wait to see it, even though the IndieMemphis selection committee was apparently too dense to perceive the subtle genius of the silent slapstick comedy I made and submitted this year.

Ahem. But I’m not bitter…

So, does anyone have any conflicts or are we going to try to do this on the 2nd?

The 2nd works for me.

This might be a good excuse to meet up with you crazies :wink: Let me pencil in the 2nd …