Dope The Halls VI (Mid-Atlantic Dopers!)

[QUOTE=Sean Factotum]
Ginger how far are you from the Easton/St. Micheals area? My GF is trying to get me to go up there with her this weekend, and then leave me with her socially immature brother-in-law while her and her sister hit the town.
[/QUOTE]

Mapquest says 80 miles, so shortly over an hour if you drive anything like everyone else on the roads around here. Well worth it, I assure you!

Okay, so far I have the two WeirdNorth kids, a couple of random Canadian kids, the young Mr. Doors and the wee mudgirl.
I shall come prepared.
I’m runnning very low on the cheesy plastic helmets, but I have plenty of stickers and tattoos and stuff like that.

Does that mean I don’t get my very own plastic helmet? From the smell in here, I think I deserve it. I think I just burned out the motor on my vacuum. No, really, it’s ok. I’m just having a houseful of people tomorrow, I don’t need to clean.

We’re not sure we can make it. Unfortunely, our budget is squeezed pretty tightly, so if we get money today, Aaron and I can come. But don’t plan around us.

Robin

[QUOTE=GingerOfTheNorth]
Does that mean I don’t get my very own plastic helmet? From the smell in here, I think I deserve it. I think I just burned out the motor on my vacuum. No, really, it’s ok. I’m just having a houseful of people tomorrow, I don’t need to clean.
[/QUOTE]

Bah. We won’t look at your carpets!

Oh sure, big talk until you’ve got a half a beer in ya.

I have eight kiddie helmets. If you cry, maybe one of the kids will let you have one.
I do have lots of tattoos. Plenty for everyone.

I also have funky green pencils - when you hold them in your hot lil’ hand, they turn yellow. They have cool firehouse eraser tops on them.

Do I need to bring Kahlua?
I also have some assorted beer. I rarely drink the stuff. I’ll bring it just in case. Some ale, some Corona and whatever else I find in the beer fridge.

[QUOTE=GingerOfTheNorth]
Does that mean I don’t get my very own plastic helmet? From the smell in here, I think I deserve it. I think I just burned out the motor on my vacuum. No, really, it’s ok. I’m just having a houseful of people tomorrow, I don’t need to clean.
[/QUOTE]
Perhaps the motor, but if it’s got a beater bar, there’s a plastic toy or something else stuck up in there and the drive belt has gone el smokeo et stinnko.

Dave just replaced the belt. Like, ten minutes before I vacuumed.

I just made Schwetty Balls.

Stupid work…grumble, grumble…in only 10 hours we could have been there…stupid work.

Have a beer (or two) for me. I would have made devilled eggs, too.

That would have made you Mr. Norinew’s favourite person in the whole world. BLOW OFF WORK!

[QUOTE=GingerOfTheNorth]
Dave just replaced the belt. Like, ten minutes before I vacuumed.

I just made Schwetty Balls.
[/QUOTE]

Damn. I’d replace the vacuum cleaner belt for any cute lady who made my balls schwetty. An incentive, indeed. :wink:

I actually made him replace the brush head. One of the thingies was broken. Hooray for an Oreck store not far from here!

What are Schwetty Balls?

[QUOTE=BiblioCat]
What are Schwetty Balls?
[/QUOTE]

There a running gag on Saturday Night Live when hosted by Alec Baldwin. What the actual recipe is, I don’t know.

“Go ahead. My balls are here for your pleasure.”

MY Schwetty balls are Oreo truffles.

[QUOTE=GingerOfTheNorth]
Oh sure, big talk until you’ve got a half a beer in ya.
[/QUOTE]

After a half of a beer, I won’t care about your carpets! :wink:

Oreos? So your Shwetty balls contain white, creamy filling?

Nope. It’s a ridiculously easy recipe which includes ground oreo cookies and cream cheese, enrobed in white chocolate coating.

PS: Totally not going to fall for your typical mien. And no, I don’t want to see your Willie or your Kosher sausage or your tentacle or your Woody.