Dude wants to hook up with me. Am debating whether to do it or not

Wow I’m shocked. This must be the first time in history someone has followed my advice.

If I knew you better Nichol I’d offer you a hug. I hope you find the stable hookup/or relationship you need.

(ps this better not double post I swear I checked after the first one didn’t go through)

Nichol - if you’re really after some casual sex, why not pick your own partner? like that old buddy of yours.

if that sounds creepy to you, why should Zoey have felt any less creepy? if it sounds fun, or fun, but not with him, then maybe you want to pursue that angle.

take my advice - i’m not using it

It does feel pretty good when the brain wins, doesn’t it. :slight_smile:

I’m not one for casual sex, ever. And I was given the opportunity on a silver platter. I think it speaks well of me that I turned it down – if you want casual sex, fine, great, go get it with somebody else.

I DO miss sex, but not quite that much. Good luck with your friend, though!

Good decision, Nichol. Brains - 1, Hormones - 0.
If you’re half as attractive as you seem level-headed, there’ll be plenty of non-creepy, nice guys to pick from down the boulevard.

• PW

You asked for opinions:

It sounds pretty slutty to me. And yes, on his part too, even more so.

Ducking into this thread late

A good rule of thumb in post-breakup situations is: “Don’t do anything you wouldn’t normally do”.

The personality of ** Nichol_Storm** that’s come across on this board over the past two years doesn’t seem to be the sort that would normally be intimate with someone she barely knew.

I think you made the right decision for you. Congrats on being true to yourself.:slight_smile:

Yay! Someone who agrees with me!:smiley:

I fail to see where the guy got pissed.

To answer the OP, I got the impression sex isn’t something you’ve taken lightly in the past, given that you weren’t sleeping with the ex who you were clearly into. With that in mind, you’d probably regret screwing this fella… and in any case, the guys that talk the most about their skills are the ones that don’t have them (I know, I’m a fella). On the other hand, honesty of this kind is rare in either gender and I think you should go nail him just because he clearly has guts :slight_smile:

Should you change your mind about the casual hookup thing, give me a call… I’ll be extremely happy to pretend I want both your mind AND body…

She said it herself in the OP, right before he gave her his phone number he got pissed at her response of no.

It’s only polite to R.S.P.V before you come. :smiley: :wink:

You straight people are so funny! :smiley:

Esprix

I see a lot of threads here urging shy guys to go out and talk to women. Maybe Zoey took some advice and that’s how his approach came out. Of course the advice wasn’t to go out and ask for straight up sex. But I’m willing to bet whatever approach Zoey took, would’ve have been considered weird outside of the bar/club scene. Now if this strange guy asked you out any other way, would it have been ok? Considering that this guy utilmately wants sex anyways, what’s difference between asking for it first and going through all the game playing (dinner, talking, holding hands, illusions of love, etc…)?

Hell, in the animal kingdom, the male will just come up behind you and stick it to you without asking. Women, consider yourself lucky we humans have an effective means of communication :smiley: (well, we’re still working on it).

So, you’re gonna’ make fun of us because we have to navigate the barriers of dealing with an opposite sex?

Didn’t your mother ever tell you it’s not polite to laugh at those who have impairments that you aren’t afflicted with? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that most posters are younger than I am.

When did the idea of relationship-based-sex-only get popular. I realize from the above posts that the idea isn’t universal but it seems popular, at least.

Sport fucking is terrific. It pales, of course, to loving sex. But it ain’t bad. As Richard Pryor said, “Sex is a lot of fun. It beats the hell out of having a war.”

So why the stance against fucking for fucking’s sake? Of course that question is not directed tworads all of the posters in this tread. It’s asked more of those 20-somethings who don’t have sex outside of relationships. I suppose I could have started a new thread (and might) but since you’re all here I thought I’d ask…

For the record, am observing that all the posters advocating sport fucking seem to be men.

That is all, carry on.

My experience, though I know that the plural of anecdote is not data, is that women dig it, too.

I’m not talking about screwing strangers. Most of my sport encounters come from women I have known for a while. They’re friends. But we’re also man and woman. You can screw and remain friends. As long as the ground rules are known up front.

And even if the ground rules are misunderstood you can still be friends. It’s just sex, ferchrissake.

I don’t know WHY, but I hate the idea of sex with somebody I barely know. It doesn’t seem right, and not because somebody beat it into my head when I was a kid (as far as I know.)

Given the right person, I’m certainly not going to wait too long. It IS fun.

Well that comment explains it all. For a lot of people, its not just sex.

Not for everyone.

And even when one is careful, it’s NOT just pregnancy, or an STD.