Famous People You Despise

Another vote for Mariah Carey and her grating singing. Hot? Bleah!! Skinny and dresses like a cheap hooker, if that’s what you’re into, but she looks skanky to me.

Lots of votes for every nauseating, disgusting, plastic piece of dog crap trying to pass themselves off as musical acts, especially every single female singer who sounds like every other female singer who tries to sing and sound like a twelve-year-old girl. WTF? Who decided this was a desirable standard?

Both Christie Brinkley and Cindy Crawford. Give us a break and go the hell away already. Your fifteen super-minutes are up.

Jeff Goldblum. I’m sure he’s the favorite actor of someone out there, but I’m sorry, he just grosses me out. When he appears on the screen I am actually physically repulsed. And is he supposed to be able to act?

I can’t possibly complete this list and still accomplish anything else today.

Keanu!!! That boy must be a real vacuum cleaner to get a role at all!

What I hate about her was that her album poster was displayed by a record store for 6 months, where she looked all jail-baity and with the name of the album “Baby One More Time” across it. WTF kind of role model is that for teenage girls?

What I hate about her was that her album poster was displayed by a record store for 6 months, where she looked all jail-baity and with the name of the album “Baby One More Time” across it. WTF kind of role model is that for teenage girls?

Jean Claude Vandam (sp?)
Stephen Segal

Both of the above actors I guess I just don’t get. Neither of them are attractive at all to me and they just look really really slimy and don’t even get me started about their acting abilities. Jean Claude especially is stuck on himself.
Halle Berry
She just seems like such a little prima donna and I personaly think that she cannot act. Every time I see her I just cringe and turn the page or change the channel.

feels embarassed since she likes a few of people on the list like Keanu but only in Matrix and Kevin but only in Dances with Wolves Sometimes they can be decent but for the most part I don’t like them.

I have to agree with Britaney Spears, Celine Dion, Dr. Laura, Fran Drescher um and quite a few others as well. How about Lou Bega? If I hear Mambo 5 again I’m gonna scream! Same goes with Ricky ‘Shake Your Bon Bon’ Martin. Some songs are okay the first couple of times you hear them but they get old very very fast.

Is anyone else annoyed by that Doritos chick? I mean I don’t know what it is but she bugs me perhaps its the ‘look at me I can do this with Doritos and be worshiped like the goddess I supposedly am’ way the commercials are filmed.

Ohhhh this is fun!!

I agree with almost every post.

My POV on fame is that just because you can do something well, like act, throw a baseball, walk down a runway, does not mean you have something significant to contribute to society. Remember last December when that baseball player from Atlanta (forgot the name) made rascist comments in SI? Why was anyone surprised? Having talent in one aspect of entertainment does not nominate you to be the mouthpiece for a generation! People acted surprised when he turned out to be a prick…he can thrown a ball. He isn’t a brain trust unto himself! I mean, supermodels on talk shows? Granted, some of them, like Iman, seen to be intelligent. But come on…why do they need to talk?

So you can see why I hate quite a few celebrities. I’ll add another:

Leonardo DiCRAPio. I actually had my first crush on him when I was 13, right after he did This Boy’s Life (before fame set in). I’m all for living it up, but I get sick of seeing all of his antics in the press. Then it was like he was pissed that Titanic made a boatload (haha :slight_smile: ) of money. Well, deal with it! You got your paycheck, didn’t you?

Sheesh.

As for BS (Britney) I think it’s awful that young girls are expected to live up to her image. I am so glad that when I was 13-156, strong females like Sheryl Crow, Sarah McLachlan, and Jewel were in the limelight. I could never live up to BS’s image, just like all the other 12 year old fans.

Ohhhh this is fun!!

I agree with almost every post.

My POV on fame is that just because you can do something well, like act, throw a baseball, walk down a runway, does not mean you have something significant to contribute to society. Remember last December when that baseball player from Atlanta (forgot the name) made rascist comments in SI? Why was anyone surprised? Having talent in one aspect of entertainment does not nominate you to be the mouthpiece for a generation! People acted surprised when he turned out to be a prick…he can thrown a ball. He isn’t a brain trust unto himself! I mean, supermodels on talk shows? Granted, some of them, like Iman, seen to be intelligent. But come on…why do they need to talk?

So you can see why I hate quite a few celebrities. I’ll add another:

Leonardo DiCRAPio. I actually had my first crush on him when I was 13, right after he did This Boy’s Life (before fame set in). I’m all for living it up, but I get sick of seeing all of his antics in the press. Then it was like he was pissed that Titanic made a boatload (haha :slight_smile: ) of money. Well, deal with it! You got your paycheck, didn’t you?

Sheesh.

As for BS (Britney) I think it’s awful that young girls are expected to live up to her image. I am so glad that when I was 13-156, strong females like Sheryl Crow, Sarah McLachlan, and Jewel were in the limelight. I could never live up to BS’s image, just like all the other 12 year old fans.

Nacho4Sara said:

and then:

Huh? :confused:

Not that there’s anything wrong with hating famous people; it just seems your posts should be internally consistent. :slight_smile:

And, now for my little bit of inconsistency: I can’t stand Rosie O’Donnell or Whoopie Goldberg.

Hey, I don’t go on national tv and make fun of clothing. I despise these people because of their personalities and stupidity, although I hate the way a lot of them dress as well, particularly when they are role models to 12 year old girls.

I realized it was inconsistent when I wrote that, so I actually went easy on them. :slight_smile:

Speak for yourself.

But Number One on my hit parade right now is Oprah Winfrey. Not only because of the hypocrisy of having her employees sign a “don’t talk to the media about me” agreement after winning an freedom of speech case, but because her female empowerment schtick just seems to be self-serving self-promotion.

Esprix loathes Esprix? huh?
oh, ok.

Hmm… I think John Lennon was self-important.
And of course John Flansbergh (They Might Be Giants) is my blood enemy. (:smiley: let 'em wonder…)

I actually like David Arquette’s CALL-ATT ads, and I loved him in Never Been Kissed.

But I really despise:
Al Gore (lies constantly–and stridently, like he’s self-righteous boy–did all that pot fry his brain,or is he just an idiot?)
“Marilyn Manson”
–and I guess I can add–
Hugh Hefner. ew. eww. eew. And people admire this twerp? “Despise” isn’t the word. He just offends me, makes me ill, is laughable, and such a sleaze. No, wait, he is despicable.

I feel this is the perfect place for my first post. As one who constantly absorbs any form of media, I feel I have a lot to speak of on this subject. Thanks Sarah for the wonderful topic:)

My number one enemy is jennifer love hewitt. Acting all perfect…she sings (like a 12 year old) she acts (very poorly) she has a typical barbie figure (scrawny and big boobed) and yet all the guys swoon. The way she sticks out her chest, pouts out her lips and whines about her perfect life on Party of five unfortunately dosnt seem like an act. There is such a thing as typecasting and all her roles seem to reflect the same horrible person that should not be viewed as a role model.

There are many more but she is at the top of my hate list.
I’m really not a hateful person…really:)

You’re welcome, Poopybutt. Welcome to the SDMB! Hope you don’t become as addicted as I am! :slight_smile:

Who doesn’t hate Jennifer Love SPEWITT? Anyone who says, “call me love!” loses points in my mind.

Did anyone else catch Kathie Lee Gifford on Larry King Live last night? AARRGGGHHH!!! For some reason, she reminds me of Tammy Faye Bakker with a little less makeup. She needs to just shutup and go away.

Deepak Chopra - I wish my dad would stop reading his incoherant, fuzzy-brained rantings.
James Van Praagh - I think that ghoul has made quite enough money off the grief and pain of others.
Uri Gellar - I hope he doesn’t sue me for posting this.
Dr. Laura - Sanctimonious hypocrite bitch!
Michael Medved - See Dr. Laura.
Al Gore - He’s a pathological liar, delusional and a raging egomaniac. Has anyone read his book? shudder
George W. Bush - He’s a moron. I was going to say that he was retarded but I thought it would be an insult to people with Down’s Syndrome.
I think this needs a spinoff thread: Celebrities Whose Popularity is Unexplainable.

but I gotta go with Hanoi Jane Fonda.

Norm MacDonald is someone who really irritates me. He has never uttered a single line, joke, or remark that ever came even close to being funny.

The cast of “Will & Grace.” This is a mediocre, unfunny comedy on par with “the Brooke Shields Sho” last year. It especially annoys me because it’s always being praised as a “groundbreaking cutting edge” sitcom. Two gays guys who never, ever are seen in a relationship with another man, one is a screaming queen, and both paired off with a straight woman. What is so “groundbreaking” about that?

Oprah Winfrey. I don’t know why, I just can’t stand to even look at a show/movie with her in it.

I have to agree with the Norm McDonald as someone to loathe. this guy is not funny.

I can’t believe this hasn’t been said, the prima donna, Her Royal Egoness - Martha Stewart.

Rosie Perez. How in the hell did you get into show biz?

Elisabeth Shue - You are like melted vanilla ice cream. No flavor or appeal.

The cast of 90210, especially Tori Spelling who looks like a blow fish with a thyroid problem.

Buffy and her crew.

Jennifer Love Hewitt and any of those younger actresses with absolutely no talent whatsoever.

Christina Aguielleri (whatever) and Britney Spears. THEY were both mousketeers at the same time? They have talent? In what, blow jobs? Aguileri looks like she’s trailer park trash and could beat Britney in a knife fight.Hell, I’m even scared of her.