Haiku Madness Part Deux

I’m going outside;
Someone’s set the thermostat
To fifty-eight. Brr!

To fifty-eight. Brr!
Cold, I guess, but it was a
Great year to be born

Great year to be born.
And not a bad year for wine.
'58, that is.

58, that is
Half of 109
If my math is right

If my math is right,
One and one doesn’t make one.
Sorry, Pete Townshend.

Sorry, Pete Townshend
As we WILL get fooled again
Cycle is endless

Cycle is endless:
You feed the dog, the dog poops,
And you feed the dog.

And you feed the dog
Like a baby, how does he
Get in that high chair?

Get in that high chair
And off your high horse already
Silly hypocrite

Silly hypocrite
You should not be in charge of
Running a nation

Running a nation
Isn’t really possible
But we’ve got to try.

But we’ve got to try
Landing a man on the moon
Summer '69

Summer ‘69:
Blasted Bryan Adam’s song.
I’ve heard it enough.

I’ve heard it enough:
When will that memo be done?
(For no parking zone.)

(For no parking zone.)
There’s no stopping in red zone
It’s for unloading

It’s for unloading
A full clip into a foe
A submachine gun

A submachine gun
Is necessary when your
Main gun ain’t working

Main gun ain’t working?
Dozens of TV ads for
Those little blue pills.

Those little blue pills
Have zero effect on me
I’m already zonked

I’m already zonked
And it’s just Wednesday morning.
I should just retire.