How do you like your eggs?

Sunny side up, with Tabasco, salt and pepper.

Over hard. I like the yolk broken and fried thoroughly on both sides.

There should be an “All of the Above” option…

(X) All of the Above

Since this is about food, I’m going to move it to Cafe Society.

I admit I have never understood the difference between over easy and sunny side up.

The egg has been flipped over and the yolks barely cooked so as to remain partially cooked and partially runny. In sunny side up the egg is not flipped and the yolk remains runny.

Anything with a soft , runny yolk. Although I like scrambled eggs, too, although a bit on the wet side, and hard boiled has its uses, especially pickled. I love eggs!

What do you mean, this isn’t a multiple-answer poll??

(X) Hard Boiled
(X) Over Easy
(X) Scrambled
(X) Deviled Eggs
(X) Omelets
(X) Frittatas
(X) Quiche
(X) Some off-the-wall way that did not occur to me when I was typing this? – Egg Foo Yung, eggnog

Can I please get an explanation to why basted eggs were not included on the list? It’s not some weird off-the-wall way to prepare eggs, and every cafe or restaurant I’ve ever been to has never even batted an eye when I ask for my eggs, “Basted, medium.”

Thank you. huff

Over easy should be pretty runny. Some say the white should even be slightly runny.

And what do you mean by just plain “fried”?

Never heard of it. What is it?

Sunny side, with the white firm, but the yolk runny.

Well, that or a Western omelet, but sunny side is what I make most often. Omelets are too much work to be more than an occasional treat.

You basically make a fried egg and finish cooking it with water without flipping it over.

I love scrambled eggs that have been cooked just until they’re firm. I don’t want them browned; neither do I want them runny or mushy. Yecccccch!

Something absolutely delicious is a fried or poached egg* on buttered toast with Marmite. Grate some white cheddar cheese (XO) on top for more salty goodness. Yum-O!

*Please, no runny yolk for me here either.

You forgot “none of the above”. Eggs… ugh.

Oooh, I guess because I never made it this way I didn’t know that. I hate runny whites, it feels like snot.

Sunny side up.
Over easy.

That’s a good point. To me, “fried” is the implied part of all the variations of sunny side up, over easy, over hard, over medium, and even a basted egg is also a fried egg.

This.

The “pick one” only makes sense if you limit the choices to the things you can pick when you order something that comes with eggs.

Runny yellow, cooked white on top of sticky white rice.