How muggy is it in the MMP?

Indeed, all berries are fruit, but not not all fruits are berries. I.E., tomatoes.

Brussels sprouts are good. Even Mrs. Plant (v.3.0) likes them halved and fried in bacon grease.

You could be right, but it’s a tasty poison.

The cat got his harness today.
He is really fat, I got one that is supposed to go up to 16 pounds and it barely fits around him.
He didn’t fight me when I put it on him, but as soon as I put him down he went limp, flopped over, and played dead. He would not move, would not stand up, he looked miserable.

Dramatic cat is dramatic! :smiley:

It apparently rained big time before I got home, and more is on the way. For now, tho, no precip.

Supper will be chickie strips or nuggets (TBD) pasta-roni, and cauliflower, and maybe some Amish 'maters. Not sure how I’ll deal with evening chillage since I’m essentially out of yarn. I do have some cotton yarn - maybe I can do something with that for me.

Thus endeth my first workday of the week.

Well, because, bacon. I’d have to try it though.

Roasted garlic and bacon Brussels sprouts.

sunny, yay on the SSDI!

I do crack brussels sprouts that involve a fair amount of sriracha that are quite tasty. Grilled or fried in bacon grease are good too.

I received a notice in the mail last week saying that my debit card at the credit union had been compromised. I tried to contact them then, but ended up on an endless loop of a phone tree. I got the new card today (the PIN will be here within a day or two) and talked to someone at the call center. No charges were made, but the database of a merchant that I purchased my patio rockers last fall got hacked.

Actually, tomatoes are botanically berries.

I just lurvessssss me some fruits and berries of all sorts and even brussels sprouts. In fact I cannot think of a single fruit or veggie I don’t like that I have ever had.

Now my back is screaming and I am grouchy as can be. Can’t even stand myself. Woe is me.

I just finished noshing on some green grapes. I’m thinking about heading to bed - I think I’m still partly fried from the weekend. Manual labor kicks my butt!

Howdy Y’all! Home from men’s night over to the church house. Actually been home for a bit but took care of a few domesticated type things first. ‘Twas a good time as usual. It’s been rainy all evenin’. Right now, no rain but more on the way tonight tomorrow and the next couple of days accordin’ to TWPTB. We shall see.

Now to surf teh intartoobz for a bit and then beddy bye time.

Nitey Nite Y’all!

Worked, came home, napped.

Tomorrow is the the NHL Awrads, and when Las Vegas picks players from the other teams in the Expansion draft
Friday is the (regular)Draft Party at the arena.:slight_smile:

Recipe:
Throw Brussels sprouts in compost bin
wrap bacon around garlic
roast
eat
Hope the knees feel better, Butters.

I imagine no one here is having this debate right now, but just in case: one kid is just fine. Don’t worry about your single kid being spoiled or lonely. You’ll work it out.

(Why, yes, my kids have been fighting. Why do you ask?)

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.

Hello everyone! It’s Tuesday and not at all hot here, although it is wet.

I have previously (under extreme duress) made Brussels sprouts for Christmas dinner: blanched, then stir-fried with bacon and garlic, and served with parmesan cheese. The additional flavours rendered the fart-blossoms edible.

In other news, I have just kicked my lazy good-for-nothing husband to the kerb. His immediate response to my lawyer’s letter was, “no I do not agree, there is nothing wrong with our marriage”. And that pretty much sums up why I’m divorcing him.

Carry on …

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 73 Amurrkin out and rainy with a predicted high of ONLY 77 and rain/tstorms/apocalypse. We shall see. Just as well as I have nowhere I need to be today. I shall do some laundry and make cube steak 'n gravy for dindin. Sides TBD.

{{{Dotty}}} ::tackle hug::: YAY! Sorry about the divorce but it sounds like it was a well thought out and wise decision. Hope all goes as painless as possible.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then I suppose I should purtify somewhat and go forward into the day. Or go back to bed. I’m willy-nilly like that today.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

{{{Dotty}}}!!! Yeah, I’m pretending I don’t follow your antics on FB… but welcome back to the playground! Sorry to hear about the divorce but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :frowning:

I’m struggling after a terrible night. I went to bed a bit early because I was feeling dopey, but once I got in there, I was wide awake and none of my relaxation tricks work. Once upon a time, I could do the “relax every muscle one by one starting with the toes” and I’d be out of it before the knee-bones. Not last night. I did drop off sometime between 11 and midnight, but I woke a couple of times before 5. It’s gonna be a long day.

On the plus side, McKay’s has cherries on sale - I’ll be stopping on my way home. I lurves me some cherries!!

Happy Tuesday!

I know you had two kids, but in the above you’re talking about one offspring. Some advice - don’t buy tarps, duct tape, & bleach all on the same receipt. :eek:

I’m familiar with Mumpers sleeping with initials:
[ul]
[li]OYKW[/li][li]FCD[/li][li]DH[/li][/ul]

I’m familiar with Mumpers sleeping with other ‘men’
[ul]
[li]Arthur Itis[/li][li]The Ben’s[/li][li] - Adryl[/li][li] - Gay[/li][li]Charlie Horse[/li][li]Mel Atonin[/li][/ul]

However, I do believe this is the first time I can recall one sleeping with one of the Seven Dwarfs! :stuck_out_tongue:

Today’s MMP post has been relocated to the June mini rants thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Blurf I count backwards from 100 to relax. Sometimes I pray. Here lately I have been sleeping like a champ.

Dotty I have been thinking of you even though I don’t know you. Glad to see you back.

Knees feel much better today and so far no backache so YaY for that. I get traumatized again tomorrow. For those not following along I get knee shots tomorrow. I must remember to bring my ice packs so I can ice the knees afterward.

So far nothing has aggravated me today. Not yet anyway.
Off to the pit to see what **Rio ** is up to.

Well, the new windows didn’t get installed yesterday due to weather, but it’s clear and dry today so I am awaiting the crew to show up. Removed all the blinds (it wasn’t all that hard, either) so now I have to be dressed respectably, lest I discomfort the neighbors…:eek::dubious:

Dottie, never been married, but I am sure what you are doing is the best for you.

Butters., hope the shots aren’t as bad as you think they will be; never had a knee shot, don’t particularly want one either. Be well.

Rio; will check out your rant. I’m sure it’ll be a good (bad?) one.

Mooooomm, hang in there. up at 6am today but can’t take a nap with the window folks in and about.

Trying to gage my food usage for next Monday, when I leave of the great Baltic tour, so I don’t have to throw much away. Could make sor some interesting (if not exactly well-balanced) meals these next few days.