I pit people who hate metal

Polish.

They don’t sound very polished.

And seriously, if you’re going to go that spelling route, why not go all the way and spell it uv

This thread is a whoosh.

Metel doesn’t use Autotune. That alone makes it better then most things on the radio today.

Yes they are.

False. FFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLSSSSEEEEEEE!!!1111

No it doesn’t.

Behemoth rules.
Metal rules.
I’m very popular with the ladies.

Bravo, sir.

I’d never heard Behemoth until I followed the OP’s links. I must say that they didn’t really impress me and I love metal music. I’m more a fan of Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage. But, to each his own.

I know that 90% of any genre is going to be crap IMHO but somebody, somewhere is going to like it. That’s why I don’t try to justify what I like to other people. If it isn’t for you then cool. We can agree to disagree.

It reminds me of John Redcorn’s band Big Mount Fudgecake from King of the Hill.

“There’s a hole in my pocket where money should go!There’s a hole in my heart where you used to go! There’s a hole! There’s a hole! Big ol’ hole!”

[15-year-old me]Death to false metal!![/15-yom]

There are some issues I take with the points made in this one.

1. Screaming a song is definitely harder work than what is mentioned here. It’s not just about breath control but also about placement of the mouth et al in a way that doesn’t temporarily and permanently wreck the instrument. The singer should have additional training on their voice unless they want a short career.

2. There should be no straining when produces those notes. See point 1.

3. “Metal is a genre that focuses on creating a specific mood…” ALL genres do that. Music is about mood. Anything from the somber “Adagio for Strings” to the “Beer Barrel Polka” or “Tik Tok”. They all have their moods. Metal ain’t special there.

That all said, metal just ain’t my cuppa.

It’s going to be a long summer.

But darling I promise you this…

SWAK!

But in a most masculine manner. :smiley:

Well, I only like metal that has more melody in its screaming. I have no problem saying screaming takes talent, but I like melody. I also don’t think the talents are too similar.

And Auto-Tune metal screaming sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe it wouldn’t sound great, but it’d be fun to hear.

I respect metal musicianship immensely. Those guys are typically extremely good at their instruments. Some of them rival the best classical musicians on the planet. Hell, some of them ARE classical musicians.

But the fact is that no metal band has ever done anything that Black Sabbath didn’t do first, and better. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah! Like when they rhymed “masses” with " masses". Awesome stuff there. :smiley:

Don’t be so Paranoid.