I was in Labor(Day) for 24 hours! - A Relaxing MMP

I will be laboring, dammit. Once it’s reasonably light out, mowage must occur. Then the panic cleaning begins. I wasted much of yesterday in front of the TV - today I must make up for it. But first, leftover from the last MMP:

A couple of years back, my mom got Roxy a subscription to High Five, the little kids version of Highlights. One of her favorite things in the magazine is the Hidden Pictures puzzle. She’ll bring a whole stack of them out and we’ll open to each puzzle. It’s a nice quiet activity that doesn’t wear me out too much. :wink:

Yet another reason I’m glad I never worked in a food-related job. It’s bad enough cleaning the greasy stove after I fry something - can’t imagine dealing with a commercial fryer!!! Didn’t you even dream of a nice, boring 9-5 sitting-at-a-desk job?

:rofl:
Reminds me of a comment supposedly made by a firefighter called to retrieve a cat from a tree: “Have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?” Yeah, they can get down. They may not like it… Taz, in his youth, had been known to balance on the top of doors. Now the poor dear struggles to jump up on the couch. :crying_cat_face:

And back to the present:

Once upon a time, people would claim starting privileges ahead of time. So if you, or anyone, wants to kick things off, let it be known ahead of time, and with luck, everyone will remember and stand aside. Or not. You know this crowd. :wink:

Brace yourselves for a shock: FCD’s folks are now waffling about the move. :roll_eyes: One tiny part of me wants to say “Fine. You’re on your own. Have a nice rest of your life.” I can’t imagine how FCD is feeling.

Apparently his dad is upset at the idea of giving up his shop. FCD offered to clear one of our sheds for him to use, but that wasn’t good enough. No, this man who randomly falls and has even knocked himself out still wants access to power tools and other sharp things. I swear, it’s worse than dealing with Tobias when he goes after cords…

This week is going to be interesting.

In non-elderly news, next weekend, our landfill is having Hazardous Waste day - twice a year, they accept stuff they normally don’t, so we need to purge old paint cans among other things. There are shelves in the garage that still hold crap left by the last owners (18 years ago…) and we’ll sort thru them to see if anything is worth keeping.

Then the weekend after, there’s going to be a shredder truck at the landfill. We won’t be here, but I’m going to talk to my daughter about taking a bag of papers there for me. I don’t think we need BCBS statements from 12 years ago. Especially since they haven’t been touched since I crammed them in the folder way back whenever.

But for now, caffeination shall continue until I don grubbies and attack the lawn.

Happy Moanday! Happy Labor Day! Happy, Happy, Happy…