Identify Hanna Barbera Character by Tag-Line

The line is, “What’d I do…wrong?” With a long, weird pause there. I am thinking it might have been Doggy Daddy, but I’m not sure.

It’s something I say, in real life, rather often.

nope, you’re right it was doggy daddy …hed normally say it after Augie did something or said something off the wall…

Exit… stage left!

Snagglepuss.

“Oh my darling Clementine…”

“Hey, hey, hey! I’m smarter than the average bear!”

Going purely from memory, didn’t Doggy Daddy sound like Jimmy Durante? And Snagglepuss sounded like Bert Lahr from Wizard of Oz, I think. I assume there were others who were modelled after contemporary stars too.

Yogi Bear’s personality and mannerisms were inspired by Art Carney.

“Woo Woo Dape Doo”

I know it was a commercial, but it was so prevalent it seemed like part of the cartoon.

Drat and double-drat!

Dick Dastardly.

Snagglepuss also had a trademark speech trait whereby he added pointless emphasis, with the word “even” added. E.g.: “Take the sea lion! A good swimmer! In the water even!”

Dick Dastardly.

ETA: Beaten to the punch by Bosda.

“Heavens to Murgatroid” is a phrase I remember even now. I’d long since forgotten it was Snagglepus, or anything about Snagglepus. I’m now starting to doubt it was even him.

Huckleberry Hound.

Jimmy Durante had a radio show. Garry Moore, a young clean-cut brainy type, was his sidekick. Moore would often say something academic or intellectual sounding, and Durante would reply “Dat’s my boy that said that! And I wish I knew what it meant!”

“How much is that gorilla in the window?”

And to this day, I will never not hear the title of this Marcel Duchamp artwork in a Snagglepuss voice.

Wern’t there different mutts that did that stifled laugh noise? Chhhh-chhh-chhh-chhhh.

Like on the race shows and on Josie and the Pussycats??

Sure, but it has become mainly associated with Muttley.

“Now close your eyes, [character]. You shouldn’t oughta see what I’m going to do to this fox.”

Magilla Gorilla

I remember that laugh from Choppers.