I'm melting, I'm melting in the MMP!

@missred, bending is manageable, hefting heavy things can be troublesome. Know anyone in your field in the Sacramento, CA, area looking for a fast-learning newbie?

I read The Rainbow Bridge. Again. :broken_heart:

Up, caffeinated and sheveled. Off to heave.

If you need professionally heaved paper, I’m your man!

{{{{Flyboyand Mrs. Flyboy}}}}

baker posted earlier …

Oh, how I hate autocorrect, especially when I forget to preview my post. Dammit. The word was heavy. yanno, posterboard! Dammit. :stuck_out_tongue:

We had some more rain last night and we might get a bit more this morning. According to the weather-guesser on Channel 7 last night, we probably got around 8" of rain in Leonardtown, which is only 6 miles from us, so I expect we got close to that much. Yeah, it rained a lot yesterday. And, of course, there’s a flood warning, especially for the waterfront areas. On the plus side, we might see sun this afternoon.

I absolutely will get the basement organized today. After I eat and finish surfing, I’m going to pull the cart down to the basement door so I can load all the crap that has to go from downstairs to the shop. Then I’ll haul it over there, put away what I can, and leave the rest on the workbench till FCD can tell me where the rest goes.

It’s also clean-the-critter-fountain day. I won’t be taking trash and recycling till tomorrow. I figure it’ll be crowded today because of the rain yesterday.They open at 8 and I’ll try to get there shortly thereafter. We’ve got lots of boxes from all the deliveries we’ve been getting - the recycle dumpster will get a workout!

So, place your bets! Will I be productive today? What say ye?? :rofl:

Happy Saturday!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN I was a slugabed until a little after seven! :sleeping_bed: ;Tis 76 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 92 and mostly N.O.S. but with a chance of rain. We shall see. Hopin’ for some quality cee-mint pond time this afternoon. Also, I have a turkey boob all thawed out in da fridge which I plan on roastin’ in the oven/slow cooker thingy I set up on the back porch yestiddy. I figure if I get it roasted and sliced today it can be warmed up for tomorrow’s N.O,L. I shall also make some dressin’, a squish casserole, roasted carrots, green beans, and rolls. Thanksgivin’ in June! Might even go get a sto’ bought cake. Don’t judge! Any need to feed today shall be via forage as we have plenty of sammich makin’s, chips, etc.

{{{CupCakes}}} don’t know if you’ll see this or not, but so sorry for the loss of your mom. She, you, and the family are in my prayers.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Sattidy Y’all!

Someone needs to explain this one to me…

I want to get a pattern for a maternity dress for my daughter. I did a search on Amazon for Maternity Dress Pattern. Among the results were Harry Potter balloons and a bathing suit with a push-up bra insert. Kinda makes me wonder WTH???

All righty then. The critter fountain is clean. My houseplants have been watered, as have the 'maters in the greenhouse. Got some beefsteak, grape, and cherry 'maters in early stages - yay! plus the cukes and zukes have blossoms, the greenbean plants survived the transplant, the pepper plants are shooting up, and I’ve got 2 beets, I guess - they grow one to a plant, right? And the sunflowers seem to be doing well also.

I gathered all the basement stuff that belongs in the shop along with several boxes that had been delivered and were in the garage - new equipment FCD is amassing. It’s all on the cart in the shop, and I’ll help him put it all away when he’s ready. I also tweaked up the thermostat on the water heater - FCD likes HOT HOT HOT showers. I hope this will work for him.

Meanwhile, I’m meeting my daughter for lunch and a trip to JoAnn’s as soon as SIL delivers Roxy to his mom - noonish, I believe. So, yes, I’ve been productive. And now I’ll head back down to start cleaning the disaster that is my studio.

seanette, I don’t know the local landscape in your neck of the woods, but check into logistics / warehousing companies and light manufacturing. If you want to go the route of retail, be prepared for more physical activity and / or working different locations.

{{{baker}}} May you find peace in the days to come.

IKR Mooooooooom! Sometimes when shopping online, I’ll get the damnedest things pop up in my narrowed down search.

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted, bed stripped and a load of towels and sheets in the wash. After KP, I’ll get sheveled and head to Old Hickory to an indoor estate sale. The back got a bit of rest last night and , while not normal yet, is a little better.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

I was up before the buttcrack of dawn but forced myself to go back to bed until just before six. The husband’s tossing and turning kept me up most of the night, so I ended up with just a bunch of catnaps for sleep.

The weather is supposed to be partly cloudy and dry today, so I may try to get out and about. I was planning on just a quiet relaxing day, but my husband wants to invite an old friend/neighbor over to VR and they both have outdoor voices when they’re together. Since I have a pair of shoes I need to return, I think I’ll just head to the mall and get that taken care of, and shop around to see if anything appeals to me.

Tomorrow it’s supposed to be super, super humid. A quote from the weather person: “Steady rain pushes into Western Washington late Saturday and continues into early Monday. Sunday will be absolutely soaking. Where that fire hose of rain develops (current models placing that plume of moisture over Puget Sound and I-5), there will be terrible driving weather with pooling and standing water on the roads. Where intense downpours track over urban areas with poor drainage, there could be minor flooding. With around an inch of rain expected in many backyards, this could be one of the wettest June days in Seattle on record (which, by the way – date back to the 1890s). With temps near 70 degrees Sunday, it could be the “warmest” of the top wettest days on record too – isn’t that impressive?”. We had massive downpours yesterday too. I just mowed my lawn two days ago, and already it needs to be cut. Sheesh.

I may try and sneak some training for my job sometime today or tomorrow. I have pages of training and each training can be upwards of an hour or more. I don’t have enough time in the day to work and complete this training and many of the training events must be done within 30 days, but some within sixty and others within 90. I’ve already mentioned this, I think. Sorry about that.

Hm, my son just gifted me the game Beat Saber for my Occulus. Looks like I’ll have to get that in this weekend too.

{{{{baker}}}}.

Figures, tired myself out yesterday and stayed up until midnight…and woke up about 6am…bodies is weird… Nearly 90F here, so glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday.

OK, two loads of laundry done, three more to go. Also need to forage for sustenance. All y’all take care.

flyboy is it your birthday? If so, happy birthday. We’re glad you’re here.

I’m waiting on the coffee maker. Not much news to report other than that. Good times in the Sunny household.

Here’s what I meant to post here and instead posted in The Pit. That’ll be interesting. Somebody is sure to flay the tender skin right off me. My fault for not checking the pale grey nearly unreadable font at the top of the page to be sure I was in the right place to be posting softy sentimental stuff. Gotta say about Boo, when I SNAFU, I go for broke.

Here is what I meant for you guys:

….Mumper’s anniversary. That would give us quite a few parties every year and I think we need it.

Ok. At whose house? swampy’s with the cement pond? Who will organize the party games? nellie would be good at that, besides, she’s proven she can control a classroom full of high school kids and I plan to be at least that silly. Rowdy is optional. Maybe flyboy and doggio setting up the bar? Whatever they’re drinking always sounds worldly and sophisticated. shoe can organize the, um, other mind-altering substance for those on the wild side. Who wants to be the dj? I figure classic rock and roll-bet hippy would be good at that. mooomm could organize the potluck picnic-she’ll have an Excel spreadsheet up in minutes so we don’t have all desserts and no entrees. Plus, then everybody will be there on time, dammit! She’ll have it organized to a fare-thee-well across all time zones. Somebody has to put on the kettle at the right time so our friends across the pond can have their tea on time. dicey , can you and scaryfaerie make sure we have good chocolate? nuttie , can you round out the music for us? Plus identify any puzzling insects that show up?

Ok, who else wants to do what? Give motorcycle rides? Tell ghost stories? Face paint? Scrabble tournament? 5 card stud?…

Cats.

I love my furry Overlords and Ladies to pieces, but there are times…5:45am, to be precise. I got up to relieve some hydraulic pressure with every intent of returning to my nice warm bed for another hour or so of slumber. While I was indisposed and unable to respond, I heard “Urk…urk…urk…ralph!” Did Pixel managed to get off the bed before she upchucked? Of course not. She managed to leave not one human-sized part of the center of the bed untainted. Blanket, top sheet, bottom sheet, pillowcase. I love doing laundry before 6am, truly I do. On the up-side, I got a run to Home Depot in early, which netted a couple more flowers for the yard and a late-season jalapeno seedling that got installed in the bed next to the watermelon. The growing season here lasts well into December, so I ought to have peppers galore all summer and fall. While I was out I picked up take-out for breakfast: Chorizo and eggs, beans & rice. Not your gringo, named parts of a pig chorizo either. Greasy, bright orange, so greasy you could lube an MG by running over the container chorizo made out of parts of a pig even CMOT Dibbler would reject. So good!

Now I plan to sloth and bloat the day away watching stuff from my DVR queue and drinking margaritas all afternoon. Why? BECAUSE I CAN. :stuck_out_tongue:

Must of been the lunar cycle last night. I got up to not one but two hurl deposits. Managed to step in the second one while reaching for paper towels to clean the first one off my sleepy-staggering-to-the-bathroom-first-thing feet. Two different rooms and by some arcane law of the feline universe, always on the far side of the paper towels. Always. And I refuse to keep paper towels in the living room and the ballroom. Isn’t the kitchen and bathroom enough for the feline beasties? No sacrifice is too great evidently.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I went out to put the new Collector plate on the MG this morning. (Tried last night, but… tequila.) Of course the nuts were turning with the bolts, which is why I didn’t get it done last night. Got out the tool roll this morning, which worked better than the crescent wrench I’d been trying to use. Came in, put tools I tried to use last night away, took the new registration out, got a bill to pay… Then I noticed a gift bag with three helium balloons on it sitting on the coffee table. Mrs. L.A. was wondering if I didn’t care. Nope. I just get lost in my head and didn’t see it whilst I was attending to other stuff. Mrs. L.A. and Goo each got me a card. Mrs. L.A. gave me a Best Cat Dad fist-bump T-shirt.

We went to Tony’s Just A Bite for breakfast. Small place. Cash only. (Guess who got to pay?) The owner wants to sell the (historic) building. He’d love it if someone took over the restaurant. Locals would like it too.

I need to get down to Bellingham to pick up Tonka’s photo for his box. I also need to procure a Dungeness crab and maybe some corn for dinner tonight.

Remember my Very Loud downstairs neighbors? The ones where the guy came up here all upset when I left a polite note on their door? The ones who’ve been so quiet for the last four months, I thought they’d moved? Yeah, Mr. Loudmouth is back and loud as ever, and he never. Shuts. Up. Help, doggio, help! Make them disappear!

Ugh. I don’t understand how anyone can talk that loud. He could be a stadium announcer without a microphone. And he’s not shouting. Go awaaaaaaaaaay!

Taters, we get the same weather. Stay dry.

nettie, how was the cookie dough? Or the cookies, if you let it get that far. Why is cookie dough so yummy? I hope you get a lead on a job in inventory management. It sounds like it could be just the ticket, providing there are no anvils. Those are doggio’s.

red, my now-ex used to do that with our garden. It seemed to help, but not as much as the 8-foot fence. :slight_smile:

Haaaapppppy Birthday, flyboy! I hope you’re feeling as appreciated as you are by all here. The tee sounds perfect.

More later. Hard to concentrate right now.

So tell us, what was in the bag?

BTW:

:notes::musical_note::confetti_ball:happy :tada: birthday :birthday: to you, :tada: happy :confetti_ball: birthday :birthday: to you, :musical_note::notes: :confetti_ball:happy :tada: birthday :birthday: dear flyboy :notes::musical_note:

Hope you get to do everything you want to and don’t have to do anything you don’t want to.

A T-shirt and cards. :wink:

Rain? I’ve read about that in the history books. The 10-day forecast for next week here is triple digits all week long. Sigh. Better pick up more tequila and another pyramid of margarita mix this weekend. And more limes! Can’t stay hydrated without limes! For that matter, how am I fixed for tonic? Gin, I have.