[QUOTE=SenorBeef]
How hard were the questions? I’ve heard that the live qualification exam is 50 final jeopardy difficulty questions, but I have a hard time believing some of you guys are getting 40+ of those if they’re that hard.
[/QUOTE]
If those were Final Jeopardy questions, then I am a freakin’ super-genius.
I blanked on S&S and Hamlet AND Lewis Carroll. I put CS Lewis. All things which I know.
When I took the test lo these many years ago, we were told the questions were (before they doubled the money values) $800-$1000 questions. Those are not the same type of question as Final Jeopardy questions, however, which usually have internal clues; the test questions were based to a large extent on your basic knowledge and/or retrieval. (It doesn’t help if you know the answer if you can’t retrieve it!)
But the day I took the test and passed, I know I got more than 40 of the questions right. I took the test live in the studio at the regular weekly LA audition (that I understand they’re no longer doing?), and afterwards as the tests were being graded, we discussed the various questions that we’d had difficulty on and either confirmed or corrected each other’s answers (and then I went home and looked a bunch up for further confirmation). It’s always been my understanding that you have to score somewhere between 42 and 45 right to pass the test. Considering how many people get on the show, it’s really not as hard as it sounds.
I’m registered, but tomorrow night is the first Wednesday night in about three weeks I’m scheduled to work. So I guess maybe next year. Oh, well. And Thursday night, too.
[QUOTE=vertizontal]
I noticed that **IvoryTowerDenizen ** added post #28 at 11 minutes past the hour.
Does the test really only take 11 minutes to complete?
[/QUOTE]
It’s 50 questions at 15 seconds max for each one, so it could only take, at most, twelve and a half minutes.
[QUOTE=Rodgers01]
Not bad, not bad. The first question was about who painted “The Girl With the Pearl Earring.” I read that damned book, and I couldn’t remember if it was Rembrandt or Van Gogh or someone else. I put Van Gogh.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=vertizontal]
I noticed that **IvoryTowerDenizen ** added post #28 at 11 minutes past the hour.
Does the test really only take 11 minutes to complete?
I’m taking the test tonight. I arranged for the rest of the family to be in another part of the house during the test.
[/QUOTE]
It went really fast- the tutorial claims it only takes 10 minutes for the 50 questions, and it was that fast!
I took it last night. I think I did pretty well. There were a couple of questions I had in the back of my throat, but could not recall in time.
My state is probably the westernmost Eastern Time state. In picking an audition site, they encourage you to choose one in your time zone. Chicago, in central, is about a 3-hour drive from here. Philadelphia, in my eastern zone, is a two day trip.
Did anyone run or does anyone plan to run any screen or keystroke-capture software to get a permanent Q&A record? Does this work under the software constraints?
It’s frustrating when you can’t get feedback about your answers.
This test looks a lot like the one given in the standard audition in L.A. When I last took that one, it was on paper, and graded by people, so they said don’t even worry about writing on the correct line for the question number. We know all the answers and will credit you if we see the desired word(s) almost anywhere on the page!
[QUOTE=Musicat]
Did anyone run or does anyone plan to run any screen or keystroke-capture software to get a permanent Q&A record? Does this work under the software constraints?
It’s frustrating when you can’t get feedback about your answers.
[/QUOTE]
Someone has posted last night’s online Jeopardy! test questions here.
I sure hope the questions on tonight’s test are of similar difficulty. I think I’d have done very well with last night’s set of questions.