Just when I thought the South was getting past the stereotypes...

Soon to be transformed into both a Lifetime made-for-TV movie and an episode for Law and Order: SVU.

Why? There are fucked-up people and fucked-up families everywhere. This unfortunate incident says nothing about the general population of the State of Alabama. It could have happened anywhere.

If you are so ashamed, you should move, since the city you live in is about 100 yards from Alabama. The river ain’t very wide at Columbus, Georgia. Just think, on a breezy day at this time of year, leaves from Alabama trees blow across the river into Columbus. Oh, the horror!

Better boogie on to Atlanta or Miami. No bad shit ever happens in those places.

Shock and eww!

There’s that, too, and the argument-over-girl thing was just the final trigger. But still, honestly, “fuck you” isn’t supposed to be a notice of intent.

That would be Florida, not Alabama. Carl Hiassen would then have to scrap his next manuscript.

Kind of brings a new meaning to the term MILF.

Exactly. It’s just geography. It could have happened anywhere. Bush was born in Texas and the Dixie Chicks are ashamed to be from there. Threads like this show who creates the stereotypes and where they originate from. Isn’t it sad that when it concerns the South…it’s usually done by Southerners.

Let me take that back. Your info says Orlando. That’s not considered to be true South by Southern standards.

(Bolding mine)
Maybe they were transplanted Yankees…

Maybe they’re transplanted Martians.

Don’t dump these creatures on the North.

I want these snakey motherfuckers off this motherfuckin’ plane!

I think that when **ultress **said “it’s usually done by Southerners” she was referring to the stereotyping, not the mother-raping. Then she took it back because the OP is in Orlando.

Eleanor (who has somehow managed to live in Alabama her entire life without having sex with any of her relatives)

Well, high fives for you, then. :smiley:

I consider myself a Southerner, regardless of what those living in Atlanta may think. This news story is icky enough in and of itself. The fact that it happened in Alabama just adds another level of :eek: to it.

Ohhhhh, Og. I hope those bus seats are comfortable.

Orlando.=New York South.

“you RAPED your own mom?”

“uh, yup”

“why come?”

“well dang, she is awful purty”
MBG **- awaiting my seat in hell.

Well, thank goodness it wasn’t during a tornado.

Most definitely. That’s how Southerner’s view it too. Not that it’s a bad thing, but it’s definitely not Southerner and never has been.

Well, I was born and raised in Florida, a state, FWIW, that was part of the Confederacy. I don’t have a Stars and Bars flying from my house, I hate NASCAR, and I have never eaten a possum. I still consider myself Southern. YMMV.