Keep a happy thought in the MMP!

Ah, yes – investigating major historical events in contemporary time. :smiley: I laughed my way through the first two St Mary’s books, but haven’t proceeded any farther yet.

Mitzi. (“Mitts”-i)

Sounds like shepherd’s/cottage pie, with fish instead of mammal.

All this talk of pies is making me want a Paris pie – haven’t had one in years.

I see from weather-dot-gov that all that mess in Texashas come to an end. 34F, wind chill 25, and NOS here. Supposed to cloud up tonight, and rain tomorrow.

Breakfast was hash and scrambled eggs, with caffeine; I think Lady SCAdian is planning shepherd’s pie for supper.

Speaking of caffeine, went to the commissary and Big Y yesterday. Commissary hasn’t had any Wide Awake coffee for a couple of months now (though they still have shelf space marfed for it), but it turns out Big Y have started carrying it – hurray! :smiley: :man_cartwheeling:t4: :upside_down_face: Better and cheaper than Starbucks and Dunkin’ bottled coffees, and about level with Java Monster, though it comes in smaller containers.

I’m going to make chicken and dumplings out of the “bonus” rotisserie chicken that came with my Costco order. Usually I make it from uncooked chicken, but I’ve got what I’ve got, and I’ve had a craving for chicken and dumplings for several days now. Plus I’ve been watching “Chopped” on Hulu. Now all I need are oyster gelatin, jackfruit, and pickled truffles in the basket, and I’ll be all set. Ha. In reality, I’d be the contestant saying, “Chefs, today I’ve prepared for you reheated chicken garnished with pickled truffles and served with cut-up jackfruit and a little dish of that oyster gelatin stuff.”

I have not yet gone for a walk. It’s dark and rainy out there, and my apartment is cheery and comfy. I’m moving the humongous geranium to the balcony again. That counts, right? I think it misses the ferns and big trees in the woods just behind. Hoping I can get it out the door without breaking off any more leaves.

FCM, I’m sorry about the extended stay in F-L-A. In case nobody’s told you lately, you’re a good daughter-in-law.

Bob_Bob, the pie sounds wonderful. I love salmon.

VanGo, I’d believe him. Dogs Know Things, like when you haven’t stirred from your chair but are thinking, “I should take this pup for a walk,” and the dog instantly jumps up and does the snuff-and-snort dance. I used to encourage my dogs to concentrate on sucking in their fur so they’d shed less. Never worked.

Afternoon all. Dinner at Red Robin’s has been assimilated (I call it dinner because I get a salad with my Cheeseburger and Fries) and also did some bits-and-pieces shopping at Kroger on the way home. Need to change in-house air filter in a bit, there’s a sort of musty smell in the hall-living room I can’t identify, so I’ll start there and work my way around…at least my sense of smell still works…

FCM, guess a couple extra days won’t hurt…much. And probably best for the in-laws and FCD’s peace of mind. Hopefully Roxy won’t forget who you are…>grin<

You know, I rather like bob_bob instead of 2bob, so if ti’s alright I’m going to start calling you that. Enjoy the pie.

OK, best get the indoor ladder out and change the filter. All y’all take care.

Howdy Y’all! We deheathenated and then et N.O.L. Nappage followed and then I got busy figurin’ out what we need in the way of comestibles this week. This is my sorta, kinda, planin’ of what we shall eat next week. I have several Vestry related items to work on durin’ this week, so I started on those. There are not church janitor Junior Warden related duties, but duties involvin’ the start up once again of in person worship on March 7th and other churchy type stuff. So, I have been somewhat productive. Any need to feed this evenin’ is via forage. Also, the biiiiiiiiiiiig trash can has been hauled all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow. Speakin of tomorrow, more rain is forecast. Rah.

MOOOOOOM sorry about the extended Flarduh trip. I am sure you will be able to find many things to while away the hours. Still sucks though.

2Bob fish pie intrigues me, thus I shall investigate ways in which to make one.

Kitty sometimes it’s good to worship at St. Mattress.

VanGo sounds like doggie has trained you well!

OK, Netflix and a large KitKat bar are callin’ me. I must answer.

Laterz!

Moooooooom, Tennessee’s vaccination website was what I used to determine my status. I should get a notification when I’m up.

{{{baker}}} I know your parish meant a lot to you. I’m glad that you’ve found another community to take comfort in.

We’re melting! A couple of days of 40+F temps has a good share of the snow gone, even though we have still gotten below freezing at night.

Got a few things started in the studio and made cabbage steaks and Italian baked veggies for supper.

The barramundi Florentine was a success. Mrs. L.A. complimented me on it two or three times. She said, ‘I’m glad I have a husband who knows how to cook.’ :slight_smile: I had a couple of bites of fish with the skin on, but poor, blind Tonka was sitting there so patiently begging that I gave him the rest of the skin. Anyway, there’s fat next to the skin and he needs it.

I over-cooked the asparagus, but Mrs. L.A. likes it that way. Alas. But it was still good.

Thank you, dear. I did! Was out cold & dreaming when the alarm went off. The extra bit of sleep did me a world of good.

Scantlings … ? (Googling brings up references to timber with a small cross-section.)

I totally LOL’d.

This works on so many levels. Love it.

The teensy-tiny pot roast came out very, very yum. I got a loaf of multi grain sourdough to go with it. It was nice coming home to good smells, and there’s barely enough for two lunches left.

Perfect. :slight_smile:

I’m intrigued too. Let me know how it goes.

I’m also planning on doing a shoe’s choice thick pork chop and root vegetables for one in my mini crockpot soon. She has inspired me. It’s easier to buy two thick pork chops for one person than a small enough piece of pot roast but I’m going to cook it the same way.

flyboy you are a good hooman for giving Tonka the best of the fish and for cooking for your sweetie.

My shoulders and neck have been sore today. Not sure if it was the dumping and heaving yesterday, or sleeping wrong last night. Or just being 50. Pork loin and baked N.O.T.s are cooking, with peas with butter and garlic.

:slightly_smiling_face:
I read all my lists in my head in Ted’s voice. I also liked to do “Chooped” style menus with whatever is on clearnace
[Ted]Your baskets today contain
gizzards
ghee
bell peppers
Angostura bitters[/Ted]

Evening all. Air filter remains unchanged (I’ll do it before I go to bed, promise), and rain is due late tonight and Moanday morning. At least the temperature is supposed to stay above freezing.

Inherited the Girls U7 coordinator job, so now I have both boys and girls teams to organize and find coaches for. Ah well, it’ll keep me out of trouble for the next couple of weeks…

flyboy, glad Tonka still has an appetite for your cooking (wait, that came out wrong… :grin: :wink:). And a happy and well-fed wife is a good thing to have.

OK, need to change that &*%^$ filter and think about bed. All y’all take care and I’ll catch you on the next MMP.

Scantlings = scallions = spring onions.

I would blame autowotsit but it was probably me.

Glad to get the report. I’d been wondering.

Here’s a sentence I never thought I write.

I need to shovel off my dryer vent. It’s currently buried under about 2 feet of snow. Perhaps moving it will be a project for next summer.

I may as well post the recipe. (Or rather, how I made it. I didn’t use the recipe.)

For two servings:

Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Pat dry the fish (in this case, barramundi). Rub with olive oil and put skin-side down in an oven-safe pan. (I used the tray from the toaster oven, with a sheet of aluminum foil on it.) Sprinkle a little kosher salt and a couple of grinds of black pepper on the fish. Bake in the oven until just done. Set the broiler to High and broil for a minute or two.

In the meantime… Dice a large red bell pepper. We like about a ½" to ¾" dice. You should have a cup or so. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. (The recipe calls for olive oil and butter. Since I was not looking at it, I didn’t use the butter. Didn’t seem to make a difference.) Sauté the diced bell pepper with some kosher salt until it starts to get tender. Add a bag of fresh spinach, and sauté until it is wilted down. Add minced garlic as desired. I used a heaping teaspoon of pre-minced garlic. Add 1 ½ to 2 ounces of softened cream cheese and stir until incorporated. Stir in heavy cream (whipping cream/30% cream). When the fish is done, remove the sauce from the heat and add a bunch of grated parmesan cheese (Not out of a can!) and stir to combine.

Plate the sauce, and put the fish on top. Or, as I like to do, plate half of the sauce, put the fish on top, and put the other half of the sauce on the fish.