Lost 1.18 "Numbers"

So Hurley wins the lottery and all sorts of bad luck befalls his family?

Innnnnnnnnnnnteresting.

(WHACK We’re Catholic! We don’ believe in curses…)

Wow, Hurley sure drags bad luck with him, poor bastard.

The numbers, for those that are interested:

4 8 15 16 23 42

I also noticed two arrows underneath the second and third numbers, pointing down and towards the left-hand margin of the page.

Box company! He owns Locke’s box company!

There is no such thing as…
Auuuuuuughhhhhhhh!!! (body falls past)
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHHA!!!

I was just playing Connect Four with my son today…Does this mean I am cursed?

“I’m spry!”

Hurley is hilarious.

Damn, the French woman sure has a lot of traps set! Ka-BOOOOM

Hmm, a mysterious radio transmission that started 16 years ago. What a strange coincidence!

Can you really make glue from rendered animal fat? In the wilderness?

Claire: You should have one of those TV shows where you fix up people’s houses.
Locke: I don’t think so.

I don’t think so . . . TIM?

:wink:

So, they picked up the numbers at a listening station in the Pacific 16 years ago? And hasn’t the French woman been on the island for oh… about 16 years?

Perhaps now we know where the numbers originally came from.

And now they’ve “come back around”.

Good call on the box company bit – I wonder if it really is the company Locke works at.

That’s Hugo to you, dude.

He made reference to the fact that nobody’s looking for the monster! I think we can now say with certainty that Hurley/Hugo has a wireless internet connection out on that island and is reading the SDMB.

Claire: “It’s a trap, right? For an animal?”

And it’s a crib for her baby…

There’s gotta be some sort of meaning there.

“Need a battery?”

(to Sayid): “She says Hey.”
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I’m still dying laughing… :smiley:

I’ve only been following this show for the past three weeks, so would anyone mind telling me if it has any sort of fantasy or fiction side to it? J.J. Abrams other creation, Alias, started out as just your normal every day super-spy show, and eventually got into some very strange fiction themes. Does anyone see this show headed in that same direction?

“Here’s your battery. She says ‘hey’.” God, I love Castaway Flounder. What the hell just happened??

So, any significance to the name “Hugo Reyes”?

Incidentally, a search of the On-line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences yields no matches, disappointingly. That means there’s probably little to no mathematical significance to the numbers.

Aargh! So I look away for just a moment and…

What was that the numbers were etched into?

thwartme

The hatch Locke’s been trying to open.

Ooooo! Nifty!

I’d been dissapointed with the last couple of episodes, because of the lack of development of the island mystery. At least we got SOMETHING this time around.

Thanks,
thwartme