Lost 2.18: "Dave"

First, the thread rules:

It’s going to be hard to top last week’s episode, but this week’s is Hurley-centric (I don’t think I’m spoiling anything by posting that), so it should at least be very entertaining. Will we finally learn about a pre-crash Libby connection with him? Who is the mysterious bald guy that Hurley sees in the previews? I assume it’s the “Dave” of the title.

And it looks like our good friend, Henry Gale, is in for a world of hurt. I still think Locke will help him escape, but not before someone like Sayid tries to get Medieval on his ass.

The rest of the Lostaways get a treat-- mana from heaven one might say. Was that a scheduled provision drop, or did Sun’s post-conception cravings conjure up more food? :slight_smile: I’m not sure how Sawyer is going to end up in control of all the latest goodies this time, but I’m sure he’ll try! If he doesn’t end up crushed under Hurley, that is…

If you haven’t seen the “door map” from last week’s episode, check out the link below.

From the ABC “Lost” website:

“Dave” Libby lends Hurley support when he begins to think the island is having a strange effect on him, and Locke’s sense of purpose is shaken when the prisoner provides new information about the hatch.

Some useful Café Society links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions Thread, Season 1

Official “Lost” Questions Thread, Season 2

Here are some interesting external links:

The Lost Report: A very well written summary of the most current episode often containing interesting insights. I don’t think you’ll find spoilers.

The Tail Section: Excellent site for still frame photos of key scenes, along with some good analysis. But… beware of spoilers!

Sledgeweb’s Lost… Stuff: Pretty good site, but again beware of spoilers. I use it mainly for the Timeline section, which is an incredibly detailed breakdown of “how long since…?” for almost anything you can think of (pre- and post-plane crash).

Door Map from Episode 2.17. A nicely cleaned up version of the diagram Locke saw while pinned under the lockdown doors. No spoilers.

Woohoo, first post!

Who’s flashback is it tonight?

You only had the first post because you obviously didn’t read the OP. I’m insulted, since I spent so much time setting it up. :wink:

What with The Amazing Race now on at 8:00, I’m hoping for a seamless 2 hour block of television entertainment. Preferably with Lake and Michelle eliminated with extreme prejudice by Smokey the Monster.

Just wait until one of the teams finds out that the Fast Forward is really a Flashback.

Damn, I hope I get back in time from my science class…

:smiley: No kidding - two whole hours of non-stop breathless Amazing Lost TV.
I’m all atwitter.

I can’t wait for a good Hurley flashback. He’s been in the background so much lately, just getting off some snarky one-liners here and there. I want to know why he was in the hospital.

Sorry, I got too excited. Hell, I should have remembered from the preview from last week.

I like your OPs, btw (and my mom does too. She only reads the boards for this one thread).

It’s like Television of the Gods. I’m so excited.

I know. And I just can’t hide it.

You guys do realise that the spot marked “?” on the map is the Pit Stop. Phil’s been waiting there for almost two seasons now.

Beware, the episode was listed on my Expressvu system as being 1 hour and 5 minutes long. Hopefully this will stop 39 posts of “Ah man, my VCR/TIVO/PVR/DVD Burner stoped recording when there was 5 minutes left!!”

McDeath the Mad has warned you all!

MtM

I gave TAR a try, but I just couldn’t get into it. Different strokes…

Word. Still, he can get more mileage out of those one-liners than anyone else on the tube. “Loop, dude. Loop.” God, that cracked me up!

But are you about to lose control? And do you like it?

I hope we learn the origin of Hurley’s muttonchops. Eat your heart out, Martin Van Buren.

I am just dying to get more Hurley backstory.

I think that his secret past is that when he gets really, really mad, he’s the Hulk. A mutton-chopped, ranch-dressing-eating Hulk. Dude.

Oh holy crap that is funny! So much food… poor Hurley!

Nice little foodfight with Libby – but wouldn’t it have been better to just distribute the rest, rather than dump it out and waste it? (After all, he didn’t know about the food drop yet).

“Yeah, then we’ll all sing Kum Ba Yah and do trust falls.”
snerk :wink:

Hurley found Balderella’s slipper. Now everybody has to try it on…

I wonder if Dave is his imaginary friend.

Aw, it’s where Hurley got his “Duuuude”. :slight_smile: