Lost 2.16: "The Whole Truth"

First, the thread rules:

So let’s see… where are we? Jack and Locke have a new guest, Henry Gale, in the gun locker. Kate and Claire, with help form CFL, discovered a new bunker— the Medicine Bunker where Claire was kept for several weeks. Do they tell anyone about this bunker? Probably not, since that’s the way the Lostaways operate. I guess Jack and Anna Lucia are still trying to raise an army, and who the hell knows what Sayid is up to. Hurley, one assumes, is still trying to put the moves on Libby. Sun thinks she might be preggers- which is not a good thing on The Island. And Michael is still out there somewhere, looking for WAAAALT!

I’ve seen some claims that you can see Zeke (aka, BlueBeard) walking among the wreckage with the survivors in the pilot episode. I’m not good at comparing faces, so I don’t know if I believe it. I’ve also seen some claims that (I’ll spoiler this since it was from promo pics from a past episode, not from the episode itself):

there is s picture of Libby in the mental hospital where Hurley and Leonard stayed.

Anyway, the good news is that we have at least 3 weeks of new episodes, including this one.

From the ABC “Lost” website:

“The Whole Truth” Sun wrestles with the thought of telling Jin a newfound secret that threatens to upset the entire balance of the survivors’ community. Meanwhile, Locke enlists Ana Lucia to interrogate the prisoner in order to extract more information than he, Jack or Sayid could.

Some useful links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions Thread, Season 1

Official “Lost” Questions Thread, Season 2

There’s supposed to be some question about the paternity of Sun’s baby. Since there’s no way Sun cheated on Jin while he was on the raft, it must be that Jin was sterile pre-island. If that’s the case , he’d be convinced that Sun cheated and she’d know she didn’t. I don’t think Jin knows that locke was cured by the island. Does he?

For those who need to set VCRs and such, we’re scheduled to run long by a minute.

Is it a Jin/Sun flashback? I got spoiled last episode when the entire flashback was set on the island.

The last Jin/Sun flashback was boring.

[spoiler]Daniel Dae Kim [reveals]: “I can tell you on March 22 there’s a flashback episode that involves Jin and Sun, and you’re gonna find out a lot more about how they got together and the troubles they had before they got to the island.”

And…

Sun wrestles with the thought of telling Jin a newfound secret that threatens to upset the entire balance of the survivors’ community. Meanwhile, Locke enlists Ana Lucia to interrogate the prisoner in order to extract more information than he, Jack or Sayid could.
[/spoiler]

Sorry, I should have credited spoilerfix for the above spoilers.

I was reading a char transcript from E! that had the following question/answer:

(casting spoiler…sort of)

*Q: Did you hear of the picture of ***** on the ABC promo site for Lost?

A:Yes! Let’s just say we’ll see a certain blonde as a brunette in a location we’ve seen before. And it was telling enough that ABC immediately took it down.

For some reason, Kristin edited out the name of the person with asterisks. Anyone know who this is? Is it Maggie Grace?

middleman:

The photo was of Libby in the mental hospital where Hurley was.

They put the name in asterisks to avoid full spoilage, but spoiler columnists like E!'s Kristin or TV Guide’s Mike Ausiello use the same number of asterisks as there are letters in the missing words.

Thanks!

Here’s the site with the photo. It’s #10.

Tailsection

I might be considered a spoiler, so don’t go there if you absolutely want no spoilers.

I was guessing that…

Libby was a patient at the hospital with Hurley. She sure looks a few balls short of a full rack in that picture. Also, that looks like one of those little paper cups that hospitals use to dispense medication (on the table in front of her).

She certainly doesn’t look like a therapist there.

Again, I’m not good at matching up faces. Do you think that is who people think it is? I can’t tell.

I think it is. Here’s a comparison photo of the star while not in character, taken from almost the same angle.

Link

IIRC, so far the series has not made clear how or why Hurley knew people at the mental institution - whether he was a patient or did volunteer work there. He did say when he won the lottery that he put his family through a rough time (I’m paraphrasing) but there’s no explanation as to what that was.

So, it appears that…

…the photos prove he was a patient. Very curious to see how the Libby angle pans out, and why he was there to begin with.

I’m with Honey. I’d be willing to say that’s definitely the character in question.

So it the spoilered material mentioned above in tonights episode? I thought tonight was about Sun and Jin.

The most recent spoilers are from a Hurley-centric episode (S02E18) called “Dave”

Crap! I just said Hurley-centric and gave an Episode # Is that a spoiler? Am I just being paranoid?

I’m usually so careful.
:frowning:

OK, I see it now. Same eye color, too. Thanks, Honey. :slight_smile: