Lost 1.20: "Do No Harm"

Does anybody know if what Jack said about O- is true? Not the universal donor part, but about the anaphylactic shock?

(Great episode so far, btw).

Can I smack Jack for the anaphylactic shock comment? Please?

And did we know he was married/engaged/whatever?

IF Boone has antibodies against any other minor antigens Jack might have on his red cells other than the ABO ones, there could be a hemolytic reaction where those antibodies attack the transfused cells. But not anaphylactic shock. It could kill him anyway, but not the same way. I mean, maybe if Jack ate peanuts and Boone is allergic…

I see. Thanks.

I don’t think we knew Jack was married/engaged. Although it does explain why he didn’t show much interest in Kate.

I knew it! Locke’s legs for Boone’s!

So now they’re going to amputate, huh?

After the comment by Jack’s dad (“You don’t know when to let go”), I think Boone may be toast tonight.

“Don’t tell me what I can’t do!”
Whoa – Jack was channelling Locke for a moment.

I loved Jin’s little look at Charlie – “No. Stay out of it…”

Is it just me, or has Sun’s English suddenly gotten a lot less accented? :dubious:

That was the cutest happy man hug-dance I ever saw.

What time is it now? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously: I really enjoyed the ep, so I’ll probably hang onto it for a while yet.

Looks like the island’s net population remains the same…

+1/-1

Boone went out with some class at least…

EZ

I don’t think it’s you, Misnomer, but I do think it’s plausable, given how much more exposure and practice she’s had with the other survivors. I don’t think she’d get much of either in her own country.

Ok, so, now I’m totally crying for both Boone and Claire! Stupid show! :wink:

But hasn’t it only been a little over a month in island time since the crash? And even less time than that since she revealed her English knowledge? I know people who have lived in foreign countries for years with thicker accents than I’m hearing from her tonight. Just struck me, that’s all.

Next week’s preview! Gun! Did I see what I think I saw?

I can’t wait to see what Claire names her son.

So now Jack blames Locke. Except he really doesn’t know the whole story. Okay, sure – Locke lied about the accident, but he didn’t kill Boone – he tried to get him to get out of the plane! And whether he told Jack how it really happened or that Boone fell off a cliff, Boone still had the same injuries and would have died anyways.

That “murdered” accusation was making a pretty big assumption.

And so is Jack actually married… still? I thought we were going to find out that his wife died, or they didn’t go through with it, or something.

So, if Jack went ahead and got married, what’s his wife doing on Jake in Progress? :wink:

I know! I always think those things could be “dream sequences,” though, so I try not to get carried away by them… :slight_smile:

Well, in the last scene, it looked like…

Locke had a big old hole in him, between chest and stomach, a little to the side. But he was wearing a different shirt than in the scene just before where Sayid was pointing the gun at him – so I’m pretty sure those scenes don’t go together. I’m hoping dream sequence!

OK … this is BULLSHIT! Don’t have an episode like that, with previews like that, and then make us wait until MAY 4TH for … heeeeeeeeeeeeey … next new episode is on my birthday!

The creators of the show do have a tendency to use misdirections in their previews, don’t they?

I think we saw scenes from the finale as well, though, so who knows what’s really going to happen next episode… And next week’s is a rerun if I’m not mistaken.

On a different note, my respect for Jin keeps going up. You could tell his gut reaction was to turn tail when he realized Sun was translating for him, but he put Claire first. And he did a good job of keeping both Claire and Charlie calm when Claire was actually giving birth

EZ

I hate this show.

I love this show.

I’m just totally torn. And maybe not a little bit pissed. And I can’t decide if I’d be even more pissed if Claire names the baby Boone.