Lost 1.20: "Do No Harm"

The Lost Minute (heh, heh):

[ul]
[li]Jack (to Kate): “Beautiful, healthy baby.”[/li][li]Kate: “Want to talk about it?”[/li][li]Jack: “Talk about what?”[/li][li]Kate: “Boone died, Jack.”[/li][li]Jack: “He didn’t die. He was murdered.”[/li][li]Kate (disbelief): “What?”[/li][li] [Jack closes the backpack, gets up, and starts walking away][/li][li]Kate: “Jack, where are you going?”[/li][li]Jack (without looking back): “To find John Locke.”[/li][/ul]

New episode previews (which is, sadly, not next week):
[ul]
[li]On the beach, Jack yells, “Where the hell were you?” as he attacks Locke.[/li][li]Sawyer says, “I know what you’re doing” to Kate, and thinks she’s trying to steal a spot on the raft.[/li][li]The key to the silver briefcase is missing.[/li][li]A burial for Boone.[/li][li]Sayid threatens Locke with a gun.[/li][li]Locke is shot in the chest/belly. (Different viewpoint from previous scene with Sayid, shooter is offscreen).[/li][/ul]

A very good episode, with the closing music especially well chosen. I can’t wait until the next new episode, where Locke goes from Jungle Guru to Most Hated Man on the Island.

Okay, so at the point where Boone convinced Jack not to el whacko his leg, he was pretty coherent. Why the hell didn’t Jack just say, “So, what the hell happened man?” There was even some akward silence there they made a point of showing where he could have easily asked. Stupid, I don’t think Jack is an idiot but the writers had him act like one here, only to plow the way for his new revenge hunt for Locke.

Speaking of Locke, he was all bloody looking in the promo at his return, any speculation on where he’s been? Wrestling with the Morlocks, perhaps?

Did we know before this ep that Jack’s last name is Shepherd?

Because I geberally like my symbolism a bit less symbolic.

I’ll miss Boone, aka “the hot one.” Bets on whether Claire names the baby Boone?

I don’t know, that kind of made sense to me: the guy was moments from death, and didn’t really have the strength to tell a story. Plus I think Jack was wrestling with the leg-chopping decision right up until the end, even after he apologized to Boone.

I assumed that he was wearing the same shirt as when he brought Boone to Jack.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure we knew.

Thanks, Monstre, I think you may be right about it being a dream. I hope so, anyway.

About Jack’s wife, there’s still plenty of time for her to get killed between the wedding and the plane crash. He’s not wearing a ring, is he?

Anyone else note how Sawyer genuinely wanted to help when Kate came to him for the alcohol? And how he smiled when he saw the baby, like he’s actually happy for Claire? Maybe the headaches were making him a jackass?

If she names the baby Boone, I will throw things at my TV.

I’ll posit that she names the baby after Boone, by giving the baby his last name. [gooling] Carlisle. The hell? That isn’t going to work. Maybe she’ll name the baby Carl? … OK, I got nuthin’.

I have no idea one way or the other, but I have a feeling she might name the baby Jack.

Could be a flashback, too.

Maybe it’s what caused Locke’s paralysis.

:dubious:

Well, NCB, I’d like to agree with you, but the backdrop seemed very jungle island-y for that scene.

Best username/post combo of the night, surely!

That wasn’t the only dubious medicine Jack was shilling this show. Excuse me, but wait until the baby’s head is out and then “have her push as hard as she can”?! Way to break a collarbone, buddy! And once again, no mention of the need to deliver the placenta. Can’t one delivery-in-crisis show ever get it right?

It did look jungly to me, too. But I had to throw out the WAG.
The circle of life closing muted sound montage was perfect. Almost a little too perfect for me, as it reminded me of some of my recent real life events.

Re: the scene in question in the previews:

after watching it several times on tivo I have to say that Locke is NOT being shot in that scene. First off, it’s a different scene from the one Sayid is holding a gun on him in, and second, that “gunsmoke” looks suspiciously like rain or steam. I think that scene is from Locke at the hatch, not Locke being shot by Sayid or anyone else.

Well, I have to admit, even with all signs pointing to Boone being the one to die I wasn’t about to believe it until I saw it because of the shows tendency to screw with us on these things. I thought there might be a last minute bait and switch. Well, Boone wasn’t exactly a loved character, I would have liked to have seen a little more redemption for his character before he finally succumbed.

As for that Locke preview, I won’t believe anything until I see it.

Hey, maybe the baby is Boone <i>reincarnated</i>. I was pretty sure he was going to die, since they have faked us out so many times before. I was sort of wondering whether the island would heal him or maybe Walter could use his superpowers or something. Good thing I’m not a writer for the show. Does anyone think they have everything all planned out or are they just making things up as they go along?

Here’s a question: What was that thing they were going to use to cut off Boone’s leg? Was it a piece of the plane, or what?

I believe Michael identified it as part of the cargo hatch.

Used as an alternative to the ax.

You guys do know that “next week on” scenes don’t have to be in boxes, right?

For a minute there, I thought they were going to off Jack instead. When Hurley told him he was “lookin’ a little goth”, I thought for sure he was a goner and I was all, “I will never watch this show again, I swear to god!” But then my room mate reminded me that, hey, this is Jack. They won’t kill him. At least, not yet.

Shannon’s “We’ll be on this island for a while. So will [Boone].” made me roll my eyes and wonder if they can make it even more obvious. We get it! Boone’s gonna DIE! And what’s the big deal with keeping the second plane a secret anyway? So they stumbled upon a plane full of smack when they were out hunting boar. So? They still wouldn’t have to mention the hatch.

Although they might keep the smack a secret in front of Charlie, but I think it’s inevitable that he’ll find it. Why else would the writers use that particular drug, or any drug at all? It could have just as easily been a plane full of… something else. Umm, chickens? I dunno. Anyway, he’ll find it, Claire and the baby will save him from himself, the end.

Actually, there really wasn’t any time to tell everyone about the second plane. Boone was injured right after he and Locke found it, Locke delivered him to Jack and then disappeared.

I had to leave the room when it looked like Jack was going to amputate Boone’s leg. And did he have a plan for dealing with the stump after that? It seems to me that Boone would lose a lot of blood and treating the wound would be impossible in those conditions.

Locke could have stuck around to explain, but instead he told that half-truth about Boone falling off a cliff. He probably said it so he could get away and beg the island for mercy instead of standing there explaining about the plane and the heroin.

My husband asked, “Isn’t Jack being a bit harsh? Why is he assuming that Boone’s leg wasn’t crushed in a rockslide?”

Does this calendar for the next few weeks look accurate?

From here: http://www.lost-tv.com/characters/

04.06 LOST Episode 20: “Do No Harm”

04.13 LOST Episode 14: “Special” ®

04.20 LOST Episode 16: “Outlaws” ®

04.27 Special One-Hour LOST Episode

05.04 LOST Episode 21: “The Greater Good”

05.11 LOST Episode 22: “Born to Run”

05.18 LOST Episode 23: “Exodus (Pt 1 of 3)”

05.25 LOST Episode 24/25: “Exodus (Pt 2/3 of 3)”
No Episode 18… This is totally unaceptable.