Lost 1.24/1.25: "Exodus, Part Two"

I’m just glad Battlestar Galactica has new episodes in July.

If I had to go all summer with no new BSG, Lost or Arrested Developement, I might have had to get off the couch and do something.

–shudder–

It does? I didn’t know, but that’s good news.

I’m thinking of setting up a Wednesday viewing of “The Prisoner” for my “Lost” group during the summer. It has a lot of similar qualities, and I don’t think I’ve seen every episode (at least not in order).

So these mighty sailor men are about to set sail in their tiny ship before the weather starts to get rough?

I smell a spin-off.

Bafflingly, I can’t decide whether to go to a rehearsal I really don’t need tonight, or to stay home. And I can’t tape it because my VCR seems to be kaput.

You’re right. Someone saying, “There were no survivors…” doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but that’s what it was close-captioned as the first time it aired. I couldn’t tell exactly what was said - that’s why I went back and watched with the CC on. The first time all I watched, all I heard was, “…<static-static>… the survivors of Flight 815.” With the CC on, the words said, “There were no survivors…”

After that, on the “Previously on Lost” bits, what was said was much clearer and more understandable; very obviously the words were, “We’re the survivors…”
The consensus here (and other MBs) was that part had been redubbed. Obviously, lots of people were confused, and there was some conjecture that TPTB wanted to make sure everyone knew exactly what had been said.

Yeah, that sucked. Though on a 50-inch TV, it wasn’t quite so bad. :wink: Still distracting and annoying, though.

I’m torn between Lost and AI tonight. What a dilemma! A friend is coming over to watch the AI finale with me, so I’ll be taping Lost. I hope I get to watch the whole thing tonight so I can open this thread tomorrow. It’ll be awfully hard not to.

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh! I get it now. I was wondering why this was such a bone of contention and now seeing that BOP (Back of Plane) people could also survive for next season (AND USE A RADIO :smack: ) just tops it. Yea! So excited for tonight.

OK, back to reading the thread…

Dude … where would the BOPeople get a radio transmitter? That is not a sarcastic question, either: I seriously want to know.

The same place the pilot got a portable transceiver. Since when it that standard equipment in the cockpit of an airliner? (No. Serious question.) They may have found a transceiver inside a liferaft or other rescue equipment.

Maybe there’s a CGL (Crazy German Lady) living near where the tail section landed and she has a radio.

Someone mentioned in last week’s discussion that it would be an interesting twist if they started off next season with a whole new tail section cast.

I’ve never heard a suggestion that I loved and hated so much at the same time.

My prediction is that the radar blip on the raft turns out to be the rear of the plane.

It’d be great if the ROP people turned out to be sort of the bizarro island people - you know, like that Seinfeld episode where Elaine meets a really nice version of the guys? There’s a rock guitarist who works as a drug rehab counselor on the side, Kate’s analogue would be an undercover cop, Jack’s would be a veterinarian, etc. And everyone, it would be revealed, gets along great with their parents.

So would that mean that the versions of Boone, Joanna and Steve (Scott?) were alive and everyone else was dead?

Bizarro Shannon would be dead and Bizarro Boon would be alive - and dating Bizarro Sayid.

That should keep the slashers happy.

That idea’s been thrown around a bit, and it is interesting. As I said in my previous post, I think this episode may end with someone discovering the Tail Section Group on the far side of the island or on a nearby island.

We have two groups striking out on their own right now; the Raft Guys - Sawyer, Michael, Walt and Jin, and the Explosive-Seeking/Black Rock Group - Jack, Kate, Locke, Hurley, CFL and Arzt.

What will each group find?
::: cue creepy Twilight Zone-like music here… ::: :eek:

Didn’t think of that … mostly because I assumed that all the rescue equipment would be near the front of the plane. Why did I do that? And of course, duh: if there was one Beechcraft, there could have been how many more … I am such a blonde.

Anyway, I am with Dante: I find the idea of a whole new “starting nine” for next season to be simultaneously fascinating and repulsive, and if Smeghead is right and the radar blip is the ROP, then I may just lose my shit waiting for next season. Love this show. LOVE it!

And I’m such a geek that I think that would be the coolest, most jaw-dropping ending in the history of the world. Or even better, after “Rover” grabs Sawyer from the water, we cut back to Jack and the others, where they stumble across an object buried in the sand, and they pull up . . . a penny farthing bicycle. Cut to black.

Oooooh! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t get the reference, this or the one about the blip on the radar screen turning out to be a giant weather balloon. Explain, please?

Penny farthing bicycle? Bah.

What if they stumble across the Statue of Liberty, buried up to its neck in the sand? The possibility boggles the mind!

[Eye opens to a crash scene…]

The survivors of the tail section prove to be an eclectic lot, just like the group we know already, but with some notable exceptions. Rose’s husband turns out to be a Vietnam War Thunderstreaker, yes, a jet fighter-bomber pilot. And he is obsessed with getting off the island, as it reminds him of the 5 years he spent as a POW in North Vietnam.

TSG (already met by us) is a paranormal researcher with an bent towards debunking who happens to have a phobic level fear of the dark. She makes ‘contact’ with the Island itself and uses its resources to provide food for the other suvivors by means of special hunter gatherer robots that exist in tow different planes of reality (which she proves in Episode 2.3), they can be seen and controlled in one, heard and felt in the other. (The implication is, of course, our invisible TCM).

One very odd survivor is an old German man who claims areonautical engineering expertice. He convinces the group that they can rebuild the tail section into a complete and viable airframe of own, so that they can escape back to the world. In Ep 2.17, it is found out that he designed toy remote control airplanes for Fisher Price. After much debate, the rebuilding of the aircraft continues.

In Ep 2.22, TSG and Mad Scientist Graduate Student Guy (met in Ep 2.2) determine that the dual planes of existence for their TCM tools has been affecting them in an Eisteinian Paradox kind of way, leading to the revelation that they are living at a very different rate than the world as we knew it as a a whole. The debate concerning this leads to sadness for Rose Husband, as he becomes convinced that Rose (who he is sure, paranormally, survived and was rescued) has most likely moved on from his perceivd death in the crash.

In the Season 2 Finale, we see the Flight of the Phoenix type rebuilt airplane take off with several people being used as a living version of fly by wire controls. The left over group of BOP survivors makes its way to the center of the island where they have known all along houses an abandoned military litening post. In fact, one person has always been left their to monitor the radio equipment, which, tho faulty and prone to breakdown, they have finally managed to fix well enough to at least listen to radio traffic and even manage very short range broadcasts.

CFL accidentally runs into them just as we hear the radio operator in the background speaking to Boone about who survived Flight 815. CFL runs away, frightened to death, and now remembers this as memory that is some sixteen years old.

In the final shot, the Phoenixed tail section flys over Michael’s raft. Then we are told to wait for Season III.
That’s how I might have done it, anyways…