Lost 2.15: "Maternity Leave"

On average…there was a power outage and a few days of bonus money shopping sprees thrown in there. Plus we have 5 pets and a round trop commute of about an hour and a half from our house to the building we both work in. We had our share of stints of 5 hours straight of nothing but Lost.

We had a couple of days off together in the middle of last week, and we were originally going to go camping, but…

“Oh look. It’s kinda rainy and a little bit cold. Not really camping weather right? Let’s just lay in bed and watch Lost for 2 days and give ourselves back problems!!!”

I’m starting to realize this…

While I have had a similar discussions about comics versus trade paperbacks, I wonder do DVD viewers enjoy Lost as much as weekly (or semi-weekly!) viewers?

One of the great things about Lost is the ending of each week’s episodes leaves you wanting more. The anticipation for a new episode, ESPECIALLY in Season 1, was what made the show for me.

Plus, there is a certain “water cooler” aspect of the show (though my water cooler is Cafe Society).

When people blow through it in a few days, I doubt they can possibly enjoy it as much weekly viewers. Just when they think, “what’s going to happen next?!” they find out.

I am not criticizing people who watched it on DVD. Either they came to it late (better late than never) or they just prefer it that way (I am on the Trade paperback side of the comic book debate), I just think a serial mystery like Lost HAS to be better with delayed gratification.

I was wondering the very same thing. As a weekly watcher (since the pilot episode), one of the things I love about the show are the hidden easter eggs they usually hide in each episode. The weekly break (or at this rate, bimonthly) allows you to dig around on the internet and ruminate with the fan-base about these hidden goodies that you may have missed yourself on the first go around. For instance, the dharma logo on the shark fin, I would have never seen had I not been reading the thread for that week. I can’t help but think those that wait for the DVDs miss out on one of the great things about the show.

Heads up to Canadian Dopers watching Lost on CTV - Because of American Idol, Lost is on at 7pm. Which is… now.

But it’s still on at the normal time (9pm) on ABC.

Damn, John, that’s three different references right there. Couldn’t you have wiggled in a Die Hard reference while you were at it? Jeez…talk about slacking off… :wink:

What can I say… I was in a hurry. I’ll try to do better next time.

I’m hoping to see the clock tick down to zero again. I want to find out more about the Penguins of Mass Destruction on the hieroglyphics…

But I suppose they won’t let that happen again for a while, will they?

Yippee ki yi yay…it’s a new episode tonight!

Those are only penguin related program activities. And I’m sure that BlueBeard moved them the other bunker before the Lostaways invaded. :smiley:

Claire walking down the beach - fake baby, much? Looked like he was made of rubber!

Dr. Ethan?

So that seemed like a memory that was a mixture of before the flight and after the kidnapping… unless Ethan was a doctor that saw her before she got on the plane – but that seems unlikely.

or they were just fooling her into thinking it was pre flight.

Oh, and did the rest of you see the opening credits (listing guest spots for this episode)? Just in case…

M.C. Gainey was among them. Looks like we will see Bluebeard again tonight!

Was that one of those trees that Mr. Eko liked? He building a church or something?

Kate’s invoking her prior right of carte blanche. From the “new sheriff in town”.

Is it just me or is the noise accompanying the flashbacks the same as the alarm when the numbers are hitting zero? Does the bunker she was kept in have the same sort of countdown system?

Ooh, maybe the other person Claire has been seeing in the flashbacks (“a teenage girl”) is Alex!

I’m sure his has something to do with the vaccine that Desmond was shooting himself up with. Too bad he didn’t stick around long enough to tell them what that was all about.

It might just be me, but ethan looks a bit like the love child of sawyer and captain malcolm renoylds.

Someone refresh my memory, please. The dream Claire had with the airplane mobile - was it before or after the kidnapping? Likewise for her humming that song. Because if that was all before the kidnapping… weird.