Mafia: Evil Dead - DAY/NIGHT THREE

Mhaye said:

… and thats good enough for me.

Vote Chucara.

EXT THE CABIN DOOR

A crowd shoves CHUCARA out the cabin door; he stumbles down the steps as SOMEONE steps forward from the crowd.

SOMEONE
And stay out, Deadite Scum!

The slam the door. CHUCARA looks around in terror, then runs to the door and begins hammering on it frantically.

CHUCARA
Guys? Hey guys? Come on, this isn’t funny, guys! It’s getting dark out here. I’m not dead, guys, I’m really… not… dead.

POV - CHUCARA - a branch moves off to one side

CUT TO - CHUCARA’s terrified face.

*And then CHUCARA is off and running, blindly into the forest. Why? Your guess is as good as mine, but if he just sat on the porch and waited until dawn, we wouldn’t be able to up the movie’s body count, now would we? Hand-held camera Shaky-CamTM ensues, until CHUCARA bursts free from the trees, and into a field of dirt. He looks around.

POV - CHUCARA - A bulldozer, cranes - it is a construction site.

CHUCARA sighs; he is safe! He looks up. A construction crane is holding a large sheet of glass high above him.*

CHUCARA
That’s strange. Why is there a construction crew in the middle of the woods, and why are they suspending a random piece of sheet glass at an unsafe angle directly above a place into which unsupervised civilians might walk? That seems almost comically improbable.

We hear SHOUTS FROM OFF, as the crane improbably releases its improbable load, which plunges toward CHUCARA.

CHUCARA
Oh sh -

CUT TO BLACK

CHUCARA, a Beta Redshirt, has been lynched.

INT - THE CABIN LIVING ROOM

The group is gathered near the garage. They hear laughter from within. It is BUFFTABBY, still pinned to the garage wall.

BUFFTABBY
I sense death! You fools! The one called CHUCARA was one of your own, and now you have destroyed him - much as we will soon destroy all of you! Now can someone please let me down? I’ve had to pee since -

But her words are cut off by a strange flame that begins to consume her, beginning at her feet. Within seconds, there is nothing left of what used to be BUFFTABBY but some skanky ashes.

BUFFTABBY is now 100%, totally, and completely dead.

Night Three begins now, and will end at around 4:00PM EST on Tuesday, January 6. The vote count stands as follows:

amrussell (1) - pedescribe
Cookies (1) - brewha
Almost Human (1) - total lost

Well, sorry about that, Chucara.

But this is Excellent news. One deadite is completely dead now. I do wonder why Macey is still not completely dead though but bufftabby is.

Wait… did I say “good enough for me”? I meant “and thats horrible logic”.

Really.

Sorry, Chuc.

Ha ha! You all played right into my arms!

Little did you know that I had planned right from the very beginning to play horribly so you would eventually lynch me… Ha ha!

Yes… That’s why… Yes…

No hard feelings, I’ll see if I’m completely dead or not… Otherwise have fun and go town!

lol didn’t you learn that only Danes and other Monty Python-fans gets irony? :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuck!

Sorry guys, I was busy working on getting my computer up and running again for most of the day today and I wasn’t able to get my Day action changed. When Chucara first posted that I shouldn’t investigate him it looked like he wasn’t going to get lynched so I figured I would just go ahead with the plan. Then…

I would have gotten a false reading on the alpha red shirt thing and I would have asked that he got vigged toNight. Why the fuck did we lynch him? Where the hell is the sense in that after the events of the last 48 hours or so?

Missed the end of the Day due to church and then driving home from Orlando. I’ll have to reread the last minute rush to lynch in more detail, but the general impression I got was that people felt the need to lynch somebody at random, anybody, before the Day ended and piled their votes on chucara.

Inconveniently quiet, I’m afraid. Power outages and poor internet up in the mountains for a few days.

I would not have voted for Chucara. I would have voted for NAF as collateral and volunteered for him to investigate the following statement from me: Total Lost is not a Deadite. If his response came back with the wrong answer, or if he chooses to investigate something else, my vote would stay on him. If he comes back with the correct answer, I’d remove my vote.

Let’s make this official Vote NAF

Ooo another magic bag! Care to elaborate?

I’m not necessarily doubting you. By the looks of things this is a fairly power role heavy game, albeit powers with certain restrictions. And, yes I suppose I could be accused of fishing but seriously, you’ve just basically said Total isn’t a deadite so you’re implying you know.

Of course now I think about it you may not know at all and this is a way to test NAF’s claim.

I’ll bloody shut up now.

First the new facts:
-Beta redshirts don’t stay alive for one-fifth after death
-Probably there is someone with a Day action to kill the one-fifth left overs (I doubt it’s just expiration since then I would have expected macey’s one-fifth to be gone first)

Speculation:
This could mean the one-fifth Alpha’s are there to balance the scum, which possibly means there is an equal number of scum and Alphas. Please, no mass Alpha claim: discuss it first and if we think this likely, maybe claiming it if we need to determine LyLo or some such.
Either the exorcist (my short hand for the one-fifth killer) was blocked Day Two or maybe he needed Hawks one-fifth as a reagent?

I’m getting paranoid: not dead enough to stop using her powers? Could bufftabby still be blocking Day Two? Probably a Night action though, so seems unlikely.

Why didn’t you tell us who/what you were going to investigate? You seem to indicate you investigated Chucara’s “I’m an Alpha Redshirt”, but you don’t actually say it. What quote did you investigate and what result you got?

Also remember your grand theory of ‘lynch anti-town behavior’? Chucara actions:

1. Fishing for A/B for power roles Day one
  2. Successfully fishing the same from pedescride Night one
  3. Voting pedescribe Night Two - a confirmed mason
  4. Claims vanilla in response to your claim call without thinking (imo). Yes, you only ‘suggested’ it in bold, italic and underlined font.
  5. Has a plan to confirm you with 50% chance and him dieing for it. Later says he’ll vote so he won’t get lynched.
  6. The second runner-up, DiggitCamara, comes with a claim with the possibility too catch a scum.

Yes, bad plans aren’t a scum tells and not remembering the only claim in the game so far is a town tell, I mean, why would scum make such a mistake. Because (your theory) scum will do that, if we don’t lynch anti-town behavior like that.

So you’re claiming to be an investigator as well? How would we even check that statement? Killing Total Lost and you both?
Since we can post role PMs, I would like to see yours (or a good reasons why you won’t). DiggitCamara’s one as well for that matter.

It might be true - but I wouldn’t call it “facts”. Just because some Beta redshirts havn’t been one-fifth alive after death.
It might be some sort of protection that determinds if a lynch-victim/NK stays a bit alive after death. But I think your idea is worth presuaing.

I just would like to say I really don’t like that idea :wink:

After a good start, we’re beginning to fall into bad habits. Once again, town is letting itself be bedazzled by power roles. Yes, we have some interesting claims on the table. Yes, we need to confirm them if we can. Yes, it’s helpful to discuss how to use their powers as best as possible. But not at the expense of our main job, which is finding scum. This was not the focus of our actions toDay.

In the interests of getting things kicked off, here are some posters I’d like to hear from:

Hal, Zeriel, Nanook: just need to to get more input from you

MHaye: I haven’t counted, but it feels like there are at least as many posts from you saying you need to do a full re-read as there are substantive posts. I know this is your style, but in the light of the short days, perhaps a radical new approach is called for.

JSexton: Which claim are you talking about here?

Sorry, I thought it was clear that I had still investigated Chucara’s I am an Alpha Redshirt statement.

Remember I say that we can only punish anti-town behavior on Day 1 and 2. This was Day 3 and there is a lot of other information out there. I am mostly just frustrated because up to now I have been useless. I didn’t expect Chucara to get lynched, and if anything I think his suggestion of a plan that might result in his death 50% of the time was a big mark in the pro-town collumn. That is an anti-scum plan, and likely not something scum would pull after two of them had already been killed. It isn’t “scum wouldn’t do that” it’s scum DON’T do that.

**Cookies: **

If you want I will investigate TL’s claim of town (I am fairly sure she made one) but I don’t know if investigating your statement will get me anything other than a woof? even if you are a power role and know for a fact that she is/isn’t. I would rather not roll the dice on that again.

The plan was going to be to investigate Dot’s vanilla town claim toDay though, so we have a chance at getting more confirmed town. The last time I went against my original plan (yesterDay) I got bit in the ass, but if you think that you can confirm both myself and yourself in a single shot I will go with TL instead and move Dot to tomorrow.

The wrong one. Mixed up Cookies and Camara in my head when I posted that. Disregard.

This short Days are tough on me, I gotta say. I don’t usually get to check in on these games on weekends, but in this game that’ll cause you to miss most of the Day. I apologize for that and will not allow it to happen again.

Amrussell, I think the short Days are playing a part in that. In a more normally paced game, if there’s a claim of some sort, we generally spend a day or so discussing it and then we move on. In this game, if you spend a day or so discussing something, the Day is practically over when everyone finishes it. It’s a very different dynamic than we’re used to and will take some time to get it down. Obviously this is a problem in this game paticularly, since there just isn’t the time necessary to do so, so we’ll have to do the best we can.

I have to agree with Naf, I don’t understand the Chucara lynch. Amrussell, I thought the idea was to use Chu to confirm Naf, not to confirm Chu. Though I don’t see how confirming Chu would have been a bad thing, it just wasn’t the goal.

I am a little leery of the fact that Naf missed the deadline. I can only speak for myself, but I know when I’m a power role with an active ability I make damn sure to get my actions in on time. However, I’m not going to hold it against too much since the short Days are difficult to adjust to. It’s just something to keep in mind for later.

I had my action in, I just didn’t have time to change it away from Chucara before he got lynched.
I have all my actions up to Day 7 submitted already. I am just shuffling them around as the game progresses. I shouldn’t ever get caught without any action.

Then I apologize and withdraw my suspicion. I misread your post earlier, where it sounded like you hadn’t gotten it in in time.

I’m not an investigator. I just got a “little nugget” of perfect information with respect to Total Lost with my PM:

Aside from the nugget, I’m Vanilla. Not an Alpha or Beta, but Vanilla nonetheless.

I think we’re at the point where the right unconnected bits of information might converge into something being confirmed. If I die, I will catalyze more confirmable information with my death now than I would if I kept my nugget of perfect knowledge to myself.

NAF could (allegedly) attempt to confirm any number of things, who knows what he’ll pick. But whether or not he is telling the whole truth or partial truths or no truths in his claim, whether or not I’m suspected and lynched or night killed or manage survive, the town should be better off than if I stayed quiet at this point.

This is the message I intend to send to storyteller to relay to Thing Fish:

I substituted Polydeuces with dotchan(see this post) and used the original “living player” list whilst subtracting macey… I doubt he investigated a lynched player).

The deadline to send it is tomorrow, but to be safe I’d like to actually send it today. So I’d be grateful if you could look at it and suggest amendments.