Mafia: Evil Dead - DAY/NIGHT THREE

Ok, I think I have a really good idea of what to do right now.

You’ll have to change questions 2 and 3 to this:

1. Where is the person you investigated listed within their subgroup above. (knock once for 1st, 2nd or 3rd, knock twice for 4th, 5th or 6th, knock three times for 7th, 8th or 9th.)
  2. Where is the person you investigated listed within their subgroup (knock once for 1st, 4th or 7th, knock twice for 2nd, 5th or 8th, knock three times for 3rd, 6th or 9th)

I would suggest caution.

You can pick out lies and the truth, correct?

That doesn’t mean you can pick out when someone is just wrong.

If you pick the phrase “Total lost is not a deadite.” Is that a lie? Is it the truth? I’d be afraid that you’ll get a woof.

It’d be safer to investigate something the person says that they must be aware of.
Am I making sense?

I’m with you, and I think I have it all covered.

I almost forgot. Hawkeyeop appears to still be pursuing me from the quasi-grave, at least the last time we heard from him. All I can say is that I am assuming that these mostly-dead players have not been spoiled, and I’m assuming this precisely because Hawkeyeop would know I am Town if he were spoiled. Also, if story were to let them be spoiled and then still post, that would be beyond bastardly, and I have gotten no sense of bastardyness anywhere else in this game.

So, he’s just dead wrong. :smiley:

Well, in light of the claim,

Unvote Cookies

Right-O.

Cookies claim smells fishy to me. I think maybe there was additional information that was strategically edited, probably pertaining to her relationship with Total Lost, or her relationship with someone else entirely. If she is a deadite, then she could pick anyone who is not a deadite and be truthful in saying so. The whole claim just doesn’t fit together.

while I am thinking about it, the three people at the top of my suspicion list.

MHaye - because he really is rather smart and I find it hard to believe that he could leave out chucara willingly putting himself in a position where he will probably be killed in his anaylsis of chucara’s townie-ness. I was totally onboard the chucara train before he did that, so I get where that general suspicion is coming from, but I can’t see anything more anti-scum than willingly sacrificing yourself with not benefit to other team members.

If MHaye believed that I might be scum it would be different, but he believes that I am likely town so there is no gain from Chucara lying. That analysis was lazy and very unlike MHaye. I expect better from you MHaye, so sorry for the attack if you are town, but you really brought this on yourself by being so lucid most of the time. :stuck_out_tongue:
amrussel also doesn’t seem totally on the up and up, and frankly neither does HM right now.

If I live until morning I will go into why in more detail.

This is just my gut feeling - but I don’t like the claim and the way I’m a part of it.
I can’t see any reason why I would be singled out as a “confirmed” in Cookies PM.

And since I can’t see a reason for this to make sense - at the moment it doesn’t make sense to ME.

I don’t believe you.

Why isn’t Total Lost capitalized? And why did story not give her role name as well? These seem unusual. What does a birthmark have anything to do with the Evil Dead series? Why did the PM contain the word ‘nugget’, which I have seen cookies use but never storyteller? And why isn’t the Ash in the game?

Clearly, you’ve edited your role PM heavily. And if you have to lie about this part, you’ve probably lied elsewhere. What if you’re Ash, scum leader, and you’re trying to shake off the last bits of suspicion by bussing a fellow deadite? We know that deadites take the place of normal college students, so why not the Ash? Remember Professor X*? As for why you would claim vanilla if scum–the more you lie, the easier it is to get caught. A vanilla claim cannot be backed up or debunked except by investigators. If you attempted to claim with your real powers, you’d be heavily scrutinized–and a vig claim is always suspicious anyway. Why would you claim with an outed investigator? Perhaps you have a doc-proof scumkill. Or you read ‘inconclusive’ as a godfather.

One thing’s for sure though. Most of that PM came from storyteller. It’s unmistakably his style. What I don’t know is if you got cover roles, or if you are deadite weak Ash, or if you are the real Ash-turned-deadite (what I suspect).

Forgot something:

Unvote amrussel
Vote Cometothedarksidewehavecookies

:smack:

Pede, there is really a much easier way to take care of this. Let’s not lynch cookies tomorrow, ok?

*In Marvel, Professor X, normally the leader of the X-men, was the scum investigator.

I am voting to make my position clear. If a better target comes up, I’ll move my vote. I still don’t trust you either, so you saying ‘she’s town’ won’t do it.

This post bugs me. Why are you magic bagging this? Nothing in your claimed role or powers gives any reason why you can’t just go into detail Tonight. What could possibly change between then and now that you feel this need to wait? If you’re being truthful about your role and are town and are wrong about any of the three, you’re just asking the scum to take advantage of this bag, kill you, and then try and use it to build a case against a townie.

Of course, if you’re lying about your role and are in fact scum, then I can see a couple possible reasons for it. Maybe you have a read on the doctor, and are fishing for a protect Tonight so that he/she will be vulnerable. Maybe you’re worried about a Vig/SK killing you and exposing your game and are fishing for them to hold off another Night.

Either way, magic bags without a good reason are bad, m’kay, and you shouldn’t use them.

You know, you try to play with a bit of strategy and people jump on your toes.

There was no reason to do that other than to see if either of them reacted. I didn’t have as much on either of them as I had on MHaye.

Let a guy play the game without stepping on his play will ya?

What can I say? I was due out by about 35 minutes before that post was submitted. I missed stuff out.

I don’t think that Chucara’s expressed willingness to run a 50-50 risk of death for some benefits (I assume you meant “net benefit” rather than “not benefit?”) swayed me very much, primarily because of of post [post=10644957]D03.065[/post].

That post gave me the impression (at the time) that Chucara was out to confuse you. I thought I’d made that clear in my post here :

(Emphasis added.)

I took the claim of being willing to sacrifice himself as flim-flammery, more than offset by the smokescreen he seemed to me to be throwing up. In retrospect I should certainly have discussed it, because it is a pointer that runs counter to my belief. However, I don’t believe (now) that it would have changed my mind at the time.

While on the subject of current versus contemporary knowledge, something occurred to me last night. Thing Fish could have investigated Bufftabby. She was still alive when his investigation was submitted, and was a scum. Whether Buff counted as someone TF interacted with is something I aim to look into this evening. Ah, the marvels of thread searching in this new vBulletin.

(Macey, otoh, was dead when TF submitted his investigation, so we can safely leave him off the lists.)

I don’t know what would happen if the investigated player wasn’t on one of the lists. It would actually make all the questions as written unanswerable, which means you’d waste a Night’s investigation. Of course, the fact that the questions didn’t get answered would be an answer (of a kind) in itself.

Hey, I resent that. I’m only mostly dead. :wink: But yes my opinions are only that of an observer. I have no access to additional information.

Since I probably won’t be partially alive too much longer (I have specific info on this front) I’ll get my thoughts out there while I can. I would have been surprised if Chucara came back as scum. It isn’t that the case against him was lackluster, I think it was, but we have certainly found scum on weak cases before. Rather it was the fact that no one really tried to make the case in favor of Chucara.

There was a distinct pattern in SDMB that the town would find a lynch target, and the rest of the Day would be quiet. Once that person was lynched and came up town, people commented on how that person was likely town, since no one was argued against their lynch. Then they would go through the same exercise the next Day.

What I was trying to get at before is you can often get more information on relationship analysis than post analysis. How do players react to slips. Scum always want to smudge players even if they can’t get them lynched. They never want any town’s thoughts to be taken at face value. If a player makes a slip and doesn’t get called on it by anyone that player is likely scum. If he does get called then he could be town or scum, and the person who pointed it out could be either as well. Afterall if town do it to themselves then scum don’t have to. If a player is defended then the player and the defender could be town or scum, but if there is no defender, the player is likely town. Of course the scum knowing what you are looking for will change behavior, but there are still lots of information to analyse.

To some more specific game issues, be very wary of Naf. His switch from I found a brilliant plan that will guarantee townie victory (make giant mason group) to let me use my power on checking players under suspicion is a pretty drastic about face. I would think Naf would have more confidence in his original idea then that. Naf hasn’t revealed any information thus far that he wouldn’t know as scum.

I see nothing to change my opinion on Cookies beyond if Naf is scum, Cookies reaction to Naf’s claim is a little less suspicious. I still would vote for her if I could. There is some precedence for a role of that sort, but it absolutely unprovable. I consider the claim a null tell.

YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!
Pede I could just kiss you (but I’m not sure if that illegal where you live :smiley: )

Story always called me totallost on Idle’s site (I just changed it yesterday to Total Lost to avoid confusion) and he calls me Total Lost on this board.

[I love this post he wrote and quote it when ever I get a chance:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=10169368&postcount=346 - it just great)

He did once call me Totallost on Idle’s site - but that was at the beginning of a sentence.

Unvote Almost Human

Vote ComeToTheDarkSideWeHaveCookies