Mafia Reunion - Day One

Ok probably not the best start, but possibly a small net positive if it removes a player who wouldn’t be able to participate (and thus may have drawn suspicion) without wasting a lynch on it.

Freely admitting I didn’t really pay attention to the Night Zero thread because I assumed it was just pregame fluff, but is this in reference to something I missed?

Yes. It does seem like a statement that there are 36 Town roles. But the color doesn’t really make sense. Why would there be a bullet hole for each Town Player? I would make more sense that there is a bullet hole for each Mafia. It could be like a puzzle room or Myst where clues are just scattered about and don’t necessarily make logical sense, but it seems like a strange clue to give.

Also, I expect many more players to drop out and no-show. It happens all the time and with 55, now 54, roles, I expect a lot of missing players. The mods were smart to build in a waitlist rather than expand the game during signups, but still underestimated the rapid attrition of waning interest.

My irrelevant guess is that Dante G didn’t have a vanilla town role to begin with and Night One was a lot of scrambling by the mods to figure out what to do and ended up giving Dante G’s former role to a Vanilla then offing Dante G as vanilla. That’s just an irrelevant guess that doesn’t have any impact on the game proper, but now missing players will be even harder for the mods to deal with.

What response are you thinking those people, who likely thought you were tweaking Pleonast and who were reading the Night 0 thread, were supposed to give?

Glad I saw this. I was coming here to check the Night 0 thread!

I’ll be doing the vast majority of my posts from Tapatalk (the iOS version, in case it matters). Does anyone know if it’s possible to multi-quote in it?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave him townie points for finding a post of Johnny Bravo’s to be scummy.

Oh I don’t know. Some sort of indication that they’d read it and realized it was something that by their own logic they ought to be taking a second look at.

I’ve now edited another post and that one wasn’t a joke. You think I’ll get voted for it?

You posted the equivalent of a “Tee hee! I’m editing now! Tee hee!” and you got mostly ignored. That’s pretty much the reaction I’d expect (and would hope for).

Oh heck, this is as good a starting vote as any.

Vote: Normal

(Bleached by me)

Any reason?

I thought it was obvious. For editing. Not because I think that Normal was necessarily hiding something with the edit, but it sets a bad precedent. I don’t approve of editing.

[COLOR=“DarkRed”]Oh, and please bleach quoted votes. It’s not required…but do it if you remember.[/COLOR]

From my count the following players did not post to Night0 at all. **

AngeloftheNorth
Nesta
Lakai
DaphneBlack
Hal Briston
Winston Smith **

I hope they are in the game.

**Vote Count:

Normal Phase(1): Texcat**

I don’t see the point here. Either they’re playing or they aren’t. The game hadn’t actually started in Night Zero. This comes across as a bit too “helpful townie” to me.

The silly edits were just that. Silly. But calling somebody scummy for ignoring your obvious night 0 silliness is suspect as hell.

Vote normal phase

Is it too early for poke votes? Let’s start at the top of Biotop’s list.

Vote AngeloftheNorth

It makes a difference. I don’t advocate a lynch of the non-players because the mods will take care of it for us. But it would be nice to know whether these folks are going to show up or not.

If you don’t think the game had already started in Night0, I politely suggest you go back and read the thread.

Any highlights I should look out for? I didn’t skip it for a lark, Night Zero on most games is usually fluff. Are there interactions you think are worth looking at or are you just being dismissive here?

You’ve got players discussing the merit of a Patsy claim, game mechanic debate, players debating whether a question to the mod is fake or not, overnight posters being scummy or not, 37, switches, the whole editing brouhaha… and these are just off the top of my head. You have player posts before role reveal and after. Even if you don’t find any scumminess in all this, I don’t see why you seem so proud for ignoring it.