Mandalorian Season 2 Thread [Open Spoilers]

My fan-cast for Grand Admiral Thrawn is Jason Isaacs. He already voiced an Inquisitor in Rebels, but that shouldn’t stop him from a different live-action role.

This is a poster I made with him as Thrawn.

Isn’t Grow Goo a brand of fertilizer?

First off, that hits the mark better. Knowing basically nothing of extended universe lore and never having followed the prequels plots out of boredom, that character interests me in and of herself as is here. I am sure the rest of you get a lot more out her but she draws this more casual fan in.

At the end - her caveat as Grogu looks into or out to (whatever) The Force was that there are few Jedi left … left hanging is that there are still a few Dark Force users who will be able to sense him as well and the hints of his potential in that direction laid out in previous eps have been made explicit now.

He wasn’t the Last Jedi

His being used to create Dark Troopers may fail to be a complete success but result in his becoming a future Big Bad.

Anyone else think that it was out of character to have Din so easily accept the “go to this next place” answer to Ahsoka’s not honoring the deal made?

(My guess had been that Moff Gideon’s flunkees had stolen Grogu from the ship and that the next bit was a partnership of Din and Ahsoka rescuing him …)

Yeah, he does seem a little calm about accepting each time he is passed along to yet another step.

Episode was great, Ahsoka was great, the bad guys were great. The endless nested sidequests gimmick is kinda getting old though.

This is a little bit Mrs. Cups as well. Her knowledge of the EU extends to basically what I know (which is the most surface level of knowledge) and what she sees during Star Wars RunDisney races.

After spending the entire episode saying how badass Ashoka is she turns and asks “Have you seen Clone Wars? Is it on Disney+? I kinda want to watch it now…”

She was into the show before but is really excited now.

Grogu! Loved the episode. Dawson was great. Nice surprise to see Michael Biehn.

If you haven’t seen it, just a word of warning. Ahsoka starts off as not much more than an Odious Kid Sidekick (her nickname is “Snips” :nauseated_face:). The series overall is also kind of weak to start with. But, both the series and Ahsoka get considerably better. By the end of the series, Clone Wars was some of the best Star Wars material, in any medium. And Ahsoka became one of all-time favorite Star Wars characters. All of that is just my opinion, of course. YMMV.

I’d recommend starting with the new Clone Wars Season 7, which aired this year, 7 years after the series was originally canceled.

Would Ahsoka know about Yaddle? I don’t remember Yaddle in any of the Clone Wars episodes, but I have not seen them all.

Brian

Wookieepedia says she left the high council, but still could be around. It doesn’t list her in any Clone Wars episodes.

Brian

Ahsoka says Grogu lived among the Younglings at the Coruscant Temple. His innate connection to the Force was probably strong enough that he sensed Anakin had turned to the Dark Side and was on his way to kill all of them, and managed to somehow hide himself away.

What was he doing in the 30 years between when he “disappeared” and when the Niktos were holding him in their compound? There’s going to be scads of spinoff material about where he was and who was protecting him in the meantime.

Apparently, Yaddle was only in Episode 1, which predates when she would have been around.

So has it been canon for a while that force sensitivity fades away with time if you aren’t trained? Because that has always been a plot hole for me in the whole young Anakin thing–the idea of someone that powerful left without training is more dangerous than training them. (Too dangerous to train, too dangerous to ignore–if the child is filled with rancor, feed them to a rancor.)

I don’t know if it’s ever been stated explicitly, but on the other hand, Luke apparently never even knew he was Force-sensitive until Obi-Wan turned him on, and the same seems to apply for Leia.

The comparison that popped into my mind was Conan the Barbarian.

My wife mentioned Bartertown.

I did not recognize Biehn until the scene where he asks about the Child. It is good to see him again. Too bad he won’t be returning.

Now I am picturing Yoda The Hutt.

Well, it was a thrill to see Ahsoka come to life. A bit surprised they decided to just throw her in there right in the first scene rather than have her make a dramatic entrance - I guess there’s something to be said for subverting expectations, just felt a bit anti-climactic.

Rosario Dawson is a pretty good choice for Ahsoka, just hope we see more of her. The way she attacked Din without even trying to find out what he was up to felt a bit out of character though - I guess she subscribes to the “hack you to pieces first, ask questions later” school of Jedi.

The episode itself still felt terribly flat. Don’t want to keep harping on about this but the whole endless meaningful stares and purposeful strides thing just gets old really quickly for me.
Found some of the action a bit underwhelming too, especially the beginning with Ahsoka cutting down the bad guys like some horror movie monster.
The duel with the magistrate was better. But again, we hardly spent any time with her and knew so little about who she was that it didn’t really have much of an impact, and even that was completely undermined by the Thrawn tease.
The whole setting with the village felt very underdeveloped as well, we didn’t get much background info on what happened there, what the magistrate was up to exactly, how she took over etc., and minimal amount of time spent on building any kind of sympathy for the poor oppressed villagers.

Yep. I was saying even before the episode that they’re most likely planning a spin-off with Ahsoka, and this all but confirms that. Ahsoka staying behind and Thrawn’s name being thrown out there like can only mean setting up another show, possibly featuring Sabine and maybe even Hera. And Thrawn and Ezra of course. Or maybe Ezra will be the other Jedi that will sense Grogu (do we really have to use that from now on?) on Tython?