Mist and Murk in the MMP!

Yay for being released pulley

shoe, my laundry gets done every Saturday and most of the time, it’s even put away then.

{{{wordy and mom}}}

We are getting snow. There were a few flakes on the way to irk and when I cam home, it was a rain / snow mix. I found out that I need to get a new coat for Nelson. His lighter weight one no longer fits his chest (it’s deepened as he’s matured). The heavy one still fits though. He about scared the crap out of the paper delivery woman who brings my elderly next door neighbor’s daily Tennessean. She was running behind and he gave a bark as she rounded the corner.

EoM is almost put to bed. Everything has been submitted and mostly approved and adjusted. The only outliers are the ones that my director has to sign off. They will be backdated. I’s tahred. One to two more months of having to hustle.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Evening all. Went out a bit ago to mail a bill and grab some sustenance, and it was snowing! Well, a few white flakes were making their way to the ground where they promptly disappeared, but it was snow in November in Ali-bama…

I didn’t say lawyers were bad people; I said they exist to be hated, because be in crime, divorce, land deals, or wills, somebody usually ends up P.O.'ed and blaming the lawyer.

Got nettie and nellie mixed up in my last posting, promised myself not to do that but I have sinned. Promise to do better. That said, both of you get to feeling better.

swampy, low is expected to be 25F here, so I expect panic buying in the stores tomorrow.

Dice, I’m trying to get into a regime where I walk some each day, but I don’t have a wife to bug me about it. So I can manage to ignore myself…

Ok, Culver’s Butterburger is done and internettin’ and readin’ along with some tackleball watchin’ is on the agenda for the evening. No nap this afternoon, so maybe an early bedtime.

Everyone have a good night.

I have been known to do laundry in the past. I even put some of it away.

A very astute distillation. It is so often the case. It’s one reason I been glad that in the last decade or so in my state mediation is being used-less adverseness and less if I win-you lose. More win-win. When my daughter was 5 she announced she was going to be a lawyer because “I want to make it so everything is right and fair”. To her credit, that is what she is doing, she doesn’t make a lot of money but she is happy in her work and sought after. I do not know who told her that is what lawyers do but I’m glad they did. It is, however, well nigh impossible to best her in an argument, as her brothers found out to their peril.

20 degrees forecast here so I’ll be scraping the car windows in the morning to drive the rug rat to school. Her mom, my housemate, grew up in Arkansas and couldn’t figure out how to scrape the windows this morning, had to get out of the car and show her. I didn’t realize it was a finer skill but then I can’t fry green tomatoes.

I’m sure there are enough here with wife experience that we could work up a rotating schedule to bug you to go for a walk. Betcha nellie or scareyfaerie could whip up a Excel chart assigning turns.

Nah, see, I got them mixed up, way upthread this morning. Now I’m mixed up, about who’s gotten whom confused?

The whole MMP can be confusing if you ask me. Aside from a Nellie and a Nettie, we’ve got a Boo and a BooFae, a scareyfaerie and a FairyChatMom (one of whom is also BooFae), a Rat and someone who raises rats… and I still haven’t figured out who Herald is and why.

But I love it here anyway.

Clearly the feeling is mutual.

And it probably doesn’t help that BippityBoppityBoo’s avatar is of Charlie Brown’s Snoopy. Sorry for my part in this. But then, I confuse myself most of all.

Apparently there’s some sort of protest going on in the street outside my hotel. If it weren’t dark–I’m night-blind–I’d go out and see who’s protesting and why. I can’t make out what they’re shouting due to the echo. The cops are out there–can’t make out what they’re saying, either, except for “Remain peaceful. We do not want to…” Hoping everyone out there is safe.

Would it help any if I were called Nell instead of Nellie?

Doing my part. Switched my avatar. Y’all let me know if if is hard to ‘read’ or scan for on a page.

It’s me at 8. My nose is no longer nearly as cute, but my gaze is still as direct and my determination as steely. Taken the year my parents fought over who had to take my brother and me. My brother and I lost. You all can change my luck.

That was fun, it changed my avatar everywhere and back in time. With any luck it will confuse the Neanderthals in other threads who work at getting my goat.

Or maybe Bly? We could even make you a captain… :smiley:

Ah. I thought you looked a little different this evening. Was going to ask if you’d done something with your hair…

I might be the first captain to join the mutineers.

I think the protests are either BLM or First Responders. There was a First Responders march a day or two ago.

The windows here are weird: you can angle them but not really open them. I angled them so I could hear what was going on, and now I can’t get them all the way closed.

Just turned the wall calendar page to December, while wondering what fresh hell awaits in the new month.

My avatar is my previous dove, Ava (RB 16 Oct 2019).

I did. Went back in time 62 years…

When I was much younger I had some curls and glossy reddish brown color. Now it’s unrelentingly white and the only curl is two unrepentant cowlicks swirling in opposition to each other. Cracks my hair cutter up, or at least it did a damn year ago!! when I last could have my hair cut.

Sweet girl. I remember when you wrote about her, it was one of my first reads here.

Speaking of calendars and December, I do not want to even think about what that holds.

It holds my birthday, on Gaudete Sunday (the third Sunday of Advent, when you light the pink candle). “Gaudete” means “rejoice.” I was born on that same Sunday many moons ago. When I would point out to Ruble that that meant he should rejoice in my mere existence, he would just roll his eyes. :innocent:

I guess I did learn something in many years of Catholic school!

Boo, you’ve inspired me to change my avatar as well. I put virtually zero thought and effort into my original choice.

It’s now the 1964 Buick Riviera my Dad customized shortly before his death, the last of his many works of art and probably my favorite.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 31 Amurrkin out (feels like 24) and fair (as opposed to mean?), with a predicted high of 50 and N.O.S. for the day. I have switched on the heat for the first time this year. This is actually a bit more seasonable for this time of year, so, even though I am a Summer baby and love the heat, I shall not complain. The big item on today’s agenda is laundry. We shall sup upon leftovers from yestiddy. I may make a trip to the sto’ to get some Diet Poopsies as they are on sale. Or not. We shall see.

Boo and Wheelie like your spiffy new avatars.

Nellie hope the protest did not disturb your sleep time.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

Just my house. In addition to all its other charms, 2020 has been the “Year of Medical Procedures”. This week will be the 18th time I’ve presented myself to one or another type of clinician this year. In addition to various potions, procedures, exams involving eyeballs, radiation or (I think) sound waves, I’ve gotten in two surgeries and lot of scary looking needles. I’m finally at the end and meeting the surgeon this week. If I “pass” he’ll give the all-clear to start living my life again. At present I’m still under orders to restrict myself to nothing more strenuous (or heavy) than a keyboard. But this is the perfect year to be on medical lockdown, eh?

Morning, mumpers! I’d probably say I’m nobody’s favourite either, 'cos I don’t post often enough. There are times when life and irk gets in the way, and I don’t get to visit here for days or weeks at a time. Doesn’t mean I forget about you lot though :slight_smile:

It’s sunny today but only a whopping 42F outside, and the weather app’s message today is “the sun is shining. The birds are singing. What the fuck do you want from me?” I consider that to be fair comment!

Wheelie and Boo love the new avatars! Just a little confusing for those of us who look at avatars before names, but I’m sure you just like to keep me on my toes.

On the same lines, BoJo the Clown is attempting to the do the same thing. We are out of our pseudo-lockdown tomorrow which means the gyms are open again (yay!), but the message my trainer sent yesterday says she’s not sure whether PT sessions are allowed or whether it has to be solo training. Typical of the Clueless Clod to leave out the important details.

Plans for today…well, apparently I have to knock up a rota for reminding metalmouse to go for a walk. Shall I just send the schedule, or do you want reminders for your calendars too? :slight_smile:

Awww, BooFae, you’re one of my favorites, and not just because I’ve actually met you! But I don’t need any calendar reminders, thanks. Outlook nags me enough! :stuck_out_tongue:

My bladder and/or kidneys were working overtime last night - woke me FOUR TIMES!!! So I’m not all that rested today, dammit. I have an errand to run, but my car is in the shop, plus I’m expecting a package that I have to sign for, which makes for an uncertain day. Especially since I planned to work in the basement again - I can’t hear the doorbell from down there, tho I can hear Higgs barking like a nut case, so it may work out after all.

Daughter will be coming over later to do some admin work for FCD and I need to have the title and transfer paperwork ready for her. She’s getting his old car and we need to get it off our insurance. That’s on the top of my to-do list.

Rotissed chickie for supper - I need to pull it out of the fridge to finish thawing and I need to coat it with my yummy rub. And I should push the vacuum cleaner around a bit, too. Man, I’m pooped out already!

Happy Tuesday!!