Monday The 13th - The MMP

ARGH! I iiiiiiiiitch! I need to shower, but I know the force of the water will make me itch more, so I’m procrastinating. Seven days, Nellie, just make it through 7 days, then the nice doctors will pull a magical cure out of their pockets and you’ll never itch again. I’m very proud of myself for not scratching, but I am fantasizing about rolling around in some very course sand.

Moooom, Roxy really is beautiful. (Not that you needed me to tell you.) You and her parents have done such a great job of trying to potty train her. I dunno, but I’d be tempted to say let it go for now. Put her back in Pull-Ups and be very matter-of-fact about it. I know her mama must want her potty-trained before Tobias makes his debut, though, and I can’t blame her. Still, it all comes down to Roxy, doesn’t it?

Been there. My insurance took up to 30 days. Good thing you said something today, or the insurance paperwork might never have been submitted! If it takes 3 weeks, will your surgery have to be postponed? Fingers crossed!

shoe, fantasies are nice!

Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Nut, 6” taller than all your housemates? Hope it works out.

Magic thanks for the recipe. Uses up the Arborio rice and uses the multi-cooker.

And time to get off the train and go to my meeting.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave. The moon last night looked like a slice or orange. Now I’m craving a Wisconsin Old Fashioned. :tumbler_glass:

She either rather tall, or she’s moved in with the Bagginses.

I’m reasonably tall, they’re all definitely on the short side. Maybe 6" is an exaggeration, but I’d definitely get a good view standing behind them all at a concert. It just amused me 'cos one of them was trying to find a space I could use in the pantry, and I said it’s OK, I can use the top shelf- and they started clearing the second shelf from the top off (which wasn’t very full), because it hadn’t consciously registered that the one out of reach with nothing on was, in fact, also a shelf. I can confirm that this house is, sadly, not largely underground with nice round doors and windows, and the residents do own shoes.

Anyway, I should finish getting up, dress like a grownup and go explore or do something useful.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 66 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 91 and N.O.S. for the day. Today is laundry day. Also, I have to call the folks who have the HVAC maintenance contract over to the church house. They sent a very mysterious and confusin’ invoice that needs much explanation. Natch, I as church janitor Junior Warden get to deal with it. I am wantin’ to bid out the contract, so now maybe is the time to start on that. Le sigh. Sup shall be leftovers from Sunday’s enormous N.O.L.

Nellie hope today is less itchy.

shoe nuttin’ wrong with havin’ a crush especially if said crush is easy to look at.

oopsie not a bad idea to give a little nudge to make sure the info gets submitted.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

:joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

This amused me probably more than it should have…

shoe - I get a similar cougar reaction when I see certain guys on TV or in movies - admiring a nice bit of eye candy, then realizing I’m old enough to be mother (or worse - grandmother) to said eye candy. That means pretty much anyone under 49 or so would have been birthed at a respectable interval after my high school graduation. Sheesh…

Would it be rude to ask how tall you are? OK, not rude to ask, but rude to insist if you decline to answer, right? :wink:

Technically, she shouldn’t have been able to start school till she was potty trained, tho I’m sure she’s not the only one they’ve had to deal with. But yeah, till the kid gets over this hump. there’s little anyone can do.

I had a fairly decent sleep - dare I tempt the Fates by saying that’s 2 nights in a row?? I’m letting FCD snooze a bit longer before donning grubbies for a morning of garden work. Well, after I bring the exercise bike upstairs. I’ll wheel the wagon into the basement, load the bike on it, tie it down, then haul it up to the garage so I can take it inside. It has a couple of small wheels for moving it around, tho not designed for long-distance transport. So I have to back the cart to the kitchen door and scoot the bike off the cart and into the house. My biggest worry is Taz getting out, which means once the cart is in the garage, I need to close the overhead door. sheesh. (Speaking of Taz, I absolutely must call the vet and make an appointment for the lot of them - should have done it weeks ago…)

Anyway, after that, I’ll dedicate an hour or so to pruning and weeding and maybe a little transplanting. We’ll see how long my energy holds out. Once I declare defeat against the heat, only then will I shower and dress respectably. Fortunately, FCD’s meeting was rescheduled so I can get more done early. But between helping him and tending the RoxStar, I’m not feeling very retired. Just tired. :tired_face:

:rofl:

Happy Tuesday!

Good morning everyone.

My throat is sore as all get out and I can’t really talk…still. I was so hoping the throat pain would have receded some by today. I’ll do a saltwater gargle after I drink my coffee in hopes that helps. Ironically, my nose isn’t particularly stuffy and the stiffness and tight chested feeling cleared up yesterday morning. I can’t quite figure out why my throat is so damn sore.

My three-day class begins today and I’m not overly happy about it. I’d much rather get actual work done, but nothing to be done but get through it. I’m not the only one in this boat and my boss is well aware of what I have on my plate.

They say we’re supposed to receive a good rainstorm this weekend and many people are very happy about this. I am too, but on the other hand, providing I improved healthwise, I was going to have the kids and grandkids over this weekend to celebrate my husband’s birthday. His birthday is actually Thursday but will have to wait until the weekend for the celebration. I was planning on making a nice meal for everyone. But, with the rain, that means the grandkids will have to hang out indoors and Adam is into EVERYTHING and trying to climb EVERYTHING. That kid is all boy and ready to go-go-go and explore everything. However, if this cold or whatever the heck I’ve got doesn’t clear up by tomorrow, we’ll have to push off the birthday celebration until the following weekend. I hope I don’t have to do that because I will have just returned from my drive to the other side of the mountain for the inspection and sign off of new furniture installation in one of our offices there.

On the other hand, it could be worse, I could have gotten this crud while having to go to Yakima. Silver lining, etc.

Well, well. It’s time for the second cup of coffee and then I can gargle. Once my husband gets up I’m going to send him to the store for some throat lozenges and Nyquil so I can get a decent night’s sleep. I should have just gotten that stuff myself yesterday when I went to get Polar’s meds, but I didn’t have the energy to get out of the car, and hey, I really don’t want to be walking around in public sick, even if I am wearing a mask. I didn’t even have to get out of the car for Polar’s meds, so that was a good thing.

I’m 5’7". I’m also one of the tallest employees. These people are all tiny. Do Michiganders just not feed their children, or what?

Happy Toosday!

A bit wet at the park this morning, but it has cleared up and supposed to be 88 degrees today.

Echo was a little pissy this morning with the same newbie she got nasty with yesterday. Kind of not her fault though, as the newbie was growling at somebody who was walking past the park, and Echo thought she was growling at her. I gave Echo a time out. Later when she standing next to the newbie, we all pet both of them and told them what good girls they are.

Have to pick up groceries later. I forgot to order some stuff for my son but he said he didn’t care. I offered to redo the order and make another one, but he says no. Ten years from now I’ll probably hear about it.

Happy new home Nuts.
I wish I could reach the top shelf. I can reach the bottom shelf, and if I stand on tippytoes and stretch I can reach the next to the bottom shelf. I call my son if I need something off the third shelf. The top shelf is for stuff that seldom gets used.
It sucks being short.

Yesterday evening was a true Moanday. I greeted overlygirl at the door yesterday afternoon after she got off the bus and immediately knew something was wrong. Turned out, she’d caught a few girls smoking in the girls’ room at school. Smoking! She’s in 6th. Anyway, she did the right thing and told an adult, who promptly busted the girls, but she couldn’t stop crying. She’s convinced now that she’ll die from second-hand smoke and be bullied mercilessly and potentially shot (I’m not sure why she thinks guns will be involved, but I also didn’t expect middle schoolers to be stupid enough to smoke in the bathroom).

Anyway, we talked to the principal and made sure she has no classes with these girls - just recess, which is potentially problematic. I told her to avoid them and if they approach her, hang out with her friends near an adult and if they so much as look at her wrong, I want to know. I remember middle school - it was fraught as hell. So that happened. I’m waiting with bated breath until the girl gets home and crossing my fingers that the news is good, or at least not bad.

Edited to add: no cricket smoothies today, but the pesto was delicious!

Gravity is greater up there~squishes them down as they grow.

talkie, she did the right thing, but I think your advice is good; middle school (or junior high in my neck of the woods) can be hell. Hope it all works out.

Feel better soon, Taters

Nothing much accomplished this morning, 70% chance of rain tomorrow so that will be a good day to do stuff around the house (yeah, right). Need to forage for some sustenance here shortly.

All y’all take care.

Whew! I worked up quite a sweat, tho, to be fair, the humidity gets some of the credit. Still, I finished the weeding and pruning that I started yesterday, plus I lopped back branches that kept hitting me in the face when I was mowing. Unfortunately, at one point, I saw poison ivy where I’d been standing, but I scrubbed my legs thoroughly in the shower - fingers crossed that I’m spared itchies.

I also brought the exercise bike up from the basement - the cart was the perfect height! And we found a spot for it in the living room where FCD can ride while watching TV. Good thing we don’t use our front door!

I used to be 5’5" but I’ve shrunk to barely 5’4". I used to use a wooden spoon to knock things from the top shelf into my hand - not breakables, of course. But a couple of months ago, I got one of these and it gives me just enough of a boost to reach the top shelves. And it folds and tucks under the breakfast bar, out of the way but handy.

Lunch is the last of the chicken salad with a side of cuke salad. Then I’m going to do some crocheting. I’m going to have to force FCD to do his stretches today - he’s still hurting after yesterday. Poor baby. I may reward him with DQ later. :wink:

I read that as “cake salad” and thought it sounded like a great idea. Not sure how the construction of cake salad goes, though.

Heaving went reasonably well. I fear the worst.

Stick a cake on some green fondant leaves. Follow me for more healthy eating tips. :wink:

So no Second Breakfast? :frowning:

They lack the fine beef and dairy comestibles that make us Wisconsinites grow tall. :cheese: :cow2:

Some people call it trifle:wink:

I crack me up!!

Afternoon, mumpers! I dared to have a day off work yesterday and it did not go well. The work bit, not my day off :slight_smile: I was at a music festival over the weekend so took Monday off to meet a couple of friends who live in the festival’s city, and to drive us back home without having to rush. Lovely time was had by all, and I got back in the house about 4pm.

Looked at my phone and there was an urgent message full of panic and woe from the boss. Monday was marks and results release day for our students who didn’t complete courses in the summer. A batch of students apparently got missed when the admin team was doing the release and one student had come to the campus office (the boss was in on Monday) to ask about her results. Cue the boss doing her best headless chicken impersonation. I ended up having to log in and fix it, then 'cos I was logged in, I checked the rest of the results to make sure everything else had been done properly. I think the tab in the spreadsheet just got overlooked because the only problem with the release was the student who I already knew would be difficult. And that wasn’t the same student who’d come to the office. Ho hum. All sorted in about five minutes.

Nut glad to hear the move went well, you brought some icky weather with you! Being significantly taller than the housemates must have some advantages even if it’s just getting your own shelf in the cupboards.

Read but haven’t really retained…very tired from the weekend’s fun and excitement…have to go grocery shopping soon. Woe is me!

The itching is about the same. It’s chilly today, so I have on a hoodie. Fabric makes me itchier. Such a conundrum.

And now…deet-da-deet-deet…a world exclusive from Mumper News! Our crack team of investigative reporters (OK, just me and Norman the Squirrel) have determined that nut and shoe are the same person!! They’re both women, both smart and funny, and both Gullivers among Lilliputians. Also notice how they’re never in the same room at the same time. :thinking: And the clincher: there’s a nut shoe!

This is your brain on antihistamines.

My nephews grew up in Michigan, and they’re both over 6 feet. Want me to send one of 'em 'round so you feel petite?

I used to be 5’3. Now I’m 5’2 and still the tallest of the sisters. My job as a kid was to reach things for Mom (4’9 on a good day), which made me feel tall. After I grew up, she had one of FCM’s thingies, but it wasn’t sufficient, so she got one of these.

taters, that sounds miserable. I hope you feel better soon.

Yum, trifle! My favorite dessert! Maybe I’ll make some for my birthday. Oh, wait, derm appointment.

I like this place. Superman by The Brothers Four popped up on the iPod. (Things always ‘pop up’ on the iPod because it’s always in Shuffle mode.) These four Seattleites seemed to have a little trouble with their Spanish – which doesn’t help those of us who don’t speak Spanish. And then I remembered I’d asked about the lyrics a dozen years ago. And there they were.

I’m still 5’2" so that means I am used to being vertically challenged. I was stationed in Okinawa for 13 months and that was the only place that I fit. I didn’t fit on the base, but off base all the tables and chairs and shelves and cabinets were sized for people my size or smaller. It was wonderful!

We have both a folding step-stool and a grabber thingy, but I don’t use them and don’t know why hubs bought them. I use hubs to reach things down for me and he’s tall enough to reach everything without a stool.

Bees have been swarming our hummingbird feeders like they do each year. I have a shallow bird bath and some flowering plants at the far end of the yard in the hopes of keeping the bees over there, it looks like my plan didn’t work and now I’m spraying the feeders with olive oil again. Maybe I’ll put some more pollinator friendly plants out there next year and see if I can avoid the olive oil mess.

I’ve thoroughly upset the cats by changing the sheets on the hooman beds. After I put the sheets in the dryer I’m going to take some fresh tomatoes up the street a neighbor. She used to love to play in her garden, but health issues have forced her to stop so I try to share what I grow with her.

It is super hazy today and smells slightly smokey. The clear air was nice while it lasted but all good things must come to an end. I’m wishing rain and some clear air for you folks in the smoke zone, just a few days makes such a difference!