New Year snow in the MMP

Sitting in the ambulatory surgery waiting room… Waiting. It was still raining when we walked in but we’re promised 7" of snow, so we got that going for us. Cafeteria doesn’t open for another 45 min. It’s gonna be a long day.

Happy Moanday!

Hope all goes well for FCD’s surgery!

Gotta go get the plane to Zurich.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 39 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a WIND ADVISORY in effect until ten a.m., and a predicted high of 54 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. A more typical Winter day for these parts. No big plans for the day. I do need to haul the biiiiiig trash can all the way down to the road for pickup today, which I will as soon as ‘tis daylight. We shall dine at Cracker Barrel today, probably as an early sup as OYKW wants that for his bday eatin’ out. Did y’all know that at least some Cracker Barrels serve alcohol now? That does not seem right. I mean, theoretically one could go to CB and order chikin 'n dumplin’s, turnip greens, corn bread, and a strawberry daiquiri.

MOOOOOOM hope all goes well with FCD’s knee surgery and the weather does not get to ick.

Dicey safe flight to Zurich!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah,

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Snow is falling, getting heavier. And I forgot to salt the sidewalk, most notably from our tenant’s front door around the house. And CVS is out of road salt. Crap.

I tried to run to McD’s for breakfast. Nope. It’s bad out there. Hope the plows clear things when I need to go…

Roxy’s off school. Not a day to venture out. I should have dropped off FCD then gone home. Oh well.

ETA - they’re now saying 7-10" in our area.

Morning all. Looked out upon about 2-3" of snow on my yard. The streets appear clear, however and it’s already 30F and tomorrow’s high will be in the 50’s, so I doubt it will last long. Still, it is a quick introduction to winter.

Will dress appropriately and do a little shopping-n-sammich run around 10am. Outside of that I’ll admire the scenery from the inside of the house.

Dicey, safe flights home.

FCM, y’all be careful there. FCD can tell the surgeons the same thing.

6 eyes, any other options for salt? Hope it warms up or you have a good shovel on hand.

OK, need to check around the usual Moanday internettin’ and prepare for driving in winter in Ali-bama :fearful:

All y’all take care.

FCM Good luck to FCD on everything. Hope the breakfast search proceeds better.

Diecey Safe travels.

I’m off to get my covid test in a few, wish me luck. My sister is still testing positive an has some symptoms, mostly fever and aches. I’m feeling fine.

Stay safe everybody!

Snow is all gone here in Portland, and temps have risen to the 40s. An inch and a half of rain is forecast. I think cookie-making is in order.

I found a bit of salt in the closet, but the snow has already covered it all up. I don’t think it would have mattered if I had a whole 15 lb bag. Luckily both myself and our tenant are working from home today, so it shouldn’t be a big deal. Thanks!

The snow is going away nicely. Still windy, though.

First-of-the-month datalanche has started, and my program isn’t working. I keep getting an ‘invalid filename’ error, even though the file is saved properly. I ran a different program using a different file, and it had the same failure. So I ran a program I ran last week, and it worked. Frustrating.

I found out last night that Linda Manz died in August 2020.

He’s out of surgery. Doc said it was textbook. I should see him in an hour or so. Time to find lunch.

Heaved. bought dog food. It’s snowing now, but not sticking.

Stay safe FCD and FCM!

Will be thinking of you both. Please keep us updated.

@Die_Capacitrix ~~fair seas and following winds for your trip. :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

This hospital cafeteria is bleak in decor, but the salad is ok…

FCM don’t drive if you can avoid it. You don’t want to slip and have surgery for YOU! What is the word on how long PT will take?

Morning, all. Actually don’t go back to school until tomorrow, so I am trying to enjoy this beautiful winter day. Clear as a bell and a predicted high of 57 degrees. Doing this would be easy except I’ve been fighting an extremely painful sinus infection for the last 5 days. The backup for Covid testing and shots got out of hand right before Jan. 1, so I couldn’t get into the clinic until late Saturday. By the time I was done and had my prescription for antibiotics, the pharmacies were all closed. Sigh. At least the nurse and doctor were both cute. Finally got to take the first dose yesterday around noon. Hope it works fast, because I’ve been popping Advil like Tic-Tacs. The doc asked if I wanted something more powerful for pain, but I declined. Anything more powerful comes with a buttload of drug interactions that I don’t need. Save the good stuff for something serious.

Here’s hoping everyone else’s New Year started off better than mine, and that we all remember the immortal wisdom of Marcus Cole:

http://memecrunch.com/meme/C3U57/marcus-cole-quote/image.jpg

Fly low, stay cool, and best wishes for everyone.

Yup. Same over here. Last night it rained “like a cow pissing on a flat rock” and all our snow is gone. We’ll head back to the valley in a couple of days.

Best wishes to everybody. I pushed the wrong button and posted before I meant to, so I guess I’m done.

For now.

This is the only hospital cafeteria I’ve seen that doesn’t look outside. That’s why it’s bleak. But the salad was ok.

His PT will start on Weds and go for 6 weeks, I think. The schedule is at home. I just finished eating so I’ll head back and see if he’s in a room yet. I called the inlaws and texted my daughter. Good times.

My daughter sent some pics of Roxy playing in the snow with her papa. Meanwhile I’m wishing I wore boots instead of sneakers. Brrrrrrr.

Marcus was one of my favorite supporting characters in B5.

Thanks for the safe travel wishes.

So happy to have uneventful travel and to be home. Seems to be a lot of unseasonal snow in parts of the U.S., and Europe is missing out. Sort of weird to see green everywhere after a week of winter wonderland.

Now to watch something low-key on television and go to bed early.