NFL week 2: The Lion(s) (don't) sleep tonight(/ Sunday)(?)

Now 12-0. Go Lions! Beat the Washington Snyders!

The two teams I root for (Giants and Panthers) are playing each other. They are both pretty inept…

Locked in a 6-6 thriller at half.

What kind of weird world have I woken up in today where the Lions have the highest scoring offense in the early games. Lots of not great offensive play out there today.

Ravens have a 103 yard KO return for 6 and a 75 yard passing play for 6. But they also had an 18 play drive in which they didn’t score. Still lead the Fins 28-7.

What the hell is wrong with the Colts? We tie the Texans and are now getting creamed by the Jaguars?

Michael Pittman is out, much to the chagrin of my fantasy team.

{\color{blue}\mathbf{GIANTS}} D is looking pretty good this week.

If they can hold this lead, it will be a pretty weak 2-0 team.

Go Seahawks!
Go Falcons!
Go Raiders!

Yeah the Giants barely beat a terrible Panthers team, but the key for me is that they’re learning how to win. It’s just another “here we go again” for the Panthers, but the Giants aren’t stuck in that yet.

To my eye Daniel Jones looked like a real quarterback maybe half the plays this game, which was a huge improvement over last week. When I say “looked like a real quarterback”, I don’t mean looked good. For example, Mayfield didn’t look good but he looked like a real quarterback the entire game. There’s just so many plays where Jones just looks hapless. I fear all the hits have ruined any chance he had.

For anyone who watched the game, think back to that Panthers touchdown drive where Mayfield threw two “real quarterback” passes to DJ Moore. I don’t think Jones has thrown a single pass like that yet this season. His one long pass to Shepard last week was kind of a lame duck busted play.

In fairness, Jones has had a few nice looking 12 yd passes over the middle. But then of course that just reinforces my impression that he can’t throw outside the numbers.

Yes! the winless season is off the table early this year!

121.7 rating for Goff today with 4 TD, 256 yards and 0 INT. In your face, Rams!

I’ll generally be happy with 27 points from the Commanders, but oof, the defense.

At least the Pats won, albeit unconvincingly.

Glad to see Cleveland lose, I hope it’s the first of many. And quite the comeback for the Jets, down by 13 with 2:00 remaining.

Lost money on the Browns. Seriously? You gave up TWO Jet touchdowns in less than 90 seconds?

Tua with SIX touchdown passes for the Fins. And a miracle comeback for the win in Baltimore.

I’m thrilled the Browns lose in a Brownsian fashion! I’m also super-happy to see the NY teams both get wins. Unless their fans have some semblance of hope, it’s no fun to see them lose. I can’t wait for the NY media to declare Danny Dimes is back!

Joe Flacco. 26 of 44, 307, 4 TDs. Haters…

That was a surprise. You’d expect that from the Chiefs but, wow.yes, I’m right near Cleveland but I don’t Love them the way one is supposed to.
Also sad about the Ravens loss; I love Lamarr, but it was close and hard fought.

Now let’s talk about Jimmy G…