On top of everything else...

On top of everything else, I just got a call from my sister. She’d been trying to call my mom since 4:00 this afternoon, but there was no answer. She called the police in Phoenix, and they found her on the floor. She was complaining of back pain, and thought it was Sunday. They’ve taken her to hospital. I have no way of knowing, but I suspect she’d taken some pain meds for her back, which make her very groggy. She probably tried to go to the bathroom or get some coffee or water, and fell off her walker.

Crimeny. It never rains, but it pours. :frowning:

Sheesh man… I’m sorry to hear that. I already read your post about your job. Wishing you luck. Keeping my fingers crossed about the Boeing job.

Are there any PHX SDMB’ers who could drop by and check on your mom?

Pullin

{{{{{Johnny L.A.}}}}}

You’re in my thoughts. Hang in there.

Geez, Johnny, this has been quite a year for you. I’m sorry you’re going through all of this. Really hope your Mom is ok. Would it be feasible for your Mom to come stay with you for awhile? Maybe you could then pool your resources for a bit and you’d be able to know she’s ok and help her out? I really hope things look up for you in the new year.

Make sure they call in a neurologist to make sure she hasn’t had a stroke, even if they have to do an MRI!

Huge drag. I hope she’ll be OK. My mother-in-law keeps going up on stepladders and that sort of thing and SHE KEEPS FALLING. I think the thought of giving up their independence makes them take risks they know they should not. Maybe you can set up something for her so she doesn’t have to walk as far to get her everyday stuff. Good luck. It’s hard watching parents struggle.

Thanks, All.

Eve: She just had an MRI last week. Results not back yet.

Salem: Mom would hate it up here. She’s a warm-weather person, and she says it’s too cold up here. My sister is trying to get her to move in with her in San Diego. Mom said she needed to see if she could make it on her own. I was worried something like this would happen. My sister say’s she’s going to go back to Phoenix.

JohnnyL.A., I’m sending prayers, good thoughts and doper vibes to your mom, your sister and you. Sounds like all three of you could use some. Maybe this will be what’s needed to get your mom to move to San Diego. It’s tough watching this happen to parents, but as one who’s been there, just let me say, get tough and insistent if you have to. She won’t like it, you won’t like, your sister won’t like it cause it’s a hard thing to do but sometimes you have to take control. It is for her health and safety, which has to come first.

Ok, off the soapbox now. Here’s hoping there’s nothing major wrong with your mom.

My sister just called. Mom has a tumour the size of a quarter on her cerebellum. She’s lethargic, though she hasn’t been given any medication. They’re going to drain the fluid from around it tonight, and get a sample for a biopsy. My sister, who has medical power of attorney, has given permission for the procedure.

I guess that explains why she kept falling.

Oh Jesus Christ Johnny, I hope it’s going to be okay.

I’m thinking about you and the family.

How incredibly scary. Thoughts, prayers, and all kinds of good vibes headed out to you, your mom, and your sister.

Damn! I wish there was something I could do. Best wishes to you and your family.

Thoughts and prayers Johnny L.A..

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having such a rough ride lately Johnny. It happens to the best of us for sure.

Note my location and be sure to let me know if there’s anything I can do to help you out locally.

:frowning: Best vibes I can summon are headed your way, Johnny

Thats terrible news Johnny.
I hope all turns out ok for you and your mother.

Good vibes head express delivery your way from the Bay Area.

I am sorry to hear your news! Sending warm thoughts your way.

Yes, there’s at least one.

You know, I almost NEVER check MPSIMS any more, but I accidently clicked on it on the pull down menu instead of the Pit. So I thought, I’d better scroll through the 1st page and opened a few titles, this being one of them, and only because Johnny started it.

If you need anything, Johnny, you have my e-mail address (or it’s in my profile) - drop me a line, and I’ll be glad to forward my number. Seriously.

I’ve just heard from my sister. They found another tumour. They say she’s ‘phase 4’. I’m driving down to Phoenix.