Peach Iced Tea and Job Huntin’… The MMP

I’d broach it at the salary wrangling stage, meself.

So, I went to Walgreen’s to pick an Rx and drop off daughter’s film. As a treat, I thought I’d do the ONE HOUR PROCESSING thingy, which I never do because I’m cheap (what? you can’t wait a day or two for your pics? Grow a set!).

Very bored chick behind the counter, chewing gum (pet peeve of mine). I tell her I will pick up my pics at 12:30 (which was actually giving her 2 hours–this was earlier this morning). She looks at me, snaps a bubble and states that “ONE HOUR” means ONE DAY. The guy behind me in line laughed. I’m picking my pics up at 3 pm.

I swear I’m going to start writing letters to the editor or ranting on a street corner soon…

Morning. Ugh. I haven’t been sleeping lately, and last night was a doozy. I might have gotten 4 hours sleep. I can barely keep my eyes open this morning. But at least I had the sense to make a doctor’s appt for Wed to talk about this insomnia thing. The real problem is stress/worry though. And I just don’t know how to fix that. Sleep drugs aren’t going to make me worry less. (Although maybe I’d be fully awake while worrying, which wouldn’t hurt anything.) :frowning:

Job hunting does suck. It took me >2 months to find this job last year. Next week will be a year since I came out here for interviews! I can’t believe it’s been that long. But despite that, I still clearly remember the pain of the search and empathize with everyone who’s going through it right now. Staying motivated’s the hardest part. Good luck, best wishes, etc.

I went to the dentist this morning. I love the dentist. I have really good teeth so every time I go, they always say nice things to me and make me feel good. That and I like the feel of them poking at my teeth. Dunno why, it just feels good.

It’s the week of doctors. As I said, dentist this morning, doctor on Wednesday and I’m taking poor Miss Lily to the vet tonight. She’s itching her left ear like crazy, and I think it might be ear mites. Poor kitty.

Yesterday we went to see Farm Babies at the zoo. CUUUUUUTTTTE! Two-day-old baby pigs and week-old lambs and baby goats. Just so adorable. It was rainy and yucky though so by the time we got home we were both really cold.

But KeithT made it better. He made a slice of leg of lamb (not the whole leg) with dijon mustard and pecans. Tres yum! (If a bit ironic after visiting the baby lambs at the zoo!)

Tell me about it. It’s such a grueling task, and takes up so much more time than you’d expect. Grrr. Argh.

Happy Monday fellow MMPers! I am currently trying to write two more pages of my thesis in the next hour or so - don’t think that’s going to happen, but I’m doing my darndest. Then I have to go downtown and turn in some papers for the part-time teaching job I have lined up. Then I have to do more thesis work. And do readings for class. We have complete drafts due next Monday, so it promises to be a grueling week. :smack:

Dude! It’s one of those time things what they talk about in science fiction! :smiley:

I have 6 cop cars on the access road between the apartments right now. They have a detective with them, so they are looking for someone.

Oh sure…I finally get to post during the day, and no one is posting! Get to posting folks!

I’m over here but I’m slowly falling asleep. I have some very boring data entry to do.

Ctrl F
Put in Store number
Tab over to the right field
Update money raised
Do it all over again

For about 300 numbers. ugh. zzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi
I’m back safe and sound. Each trip (up and back) took about 5 hours. I am all drive’d out for now.
Pictures and tales (and me actually reading the thread) after a well deserved nap.

Oh, one thing. When I got back to the hotel yesterday evening, I got a call - the call. Our director’s sister passed away yesterday afternoon. I had a feeling as my brother and I were on the way to the party, and I told him as much. I have to go to another wake tomorrow.
But for now, I sleep.

I am drinking a peach tea as we speak. It is in regular water with ice because…

SOMEBODY STOLT MY GD SECOND BOTTLE OF WATER, DAMMIT!!

:mad:

That is all. Carry on.

I love those. They’re so mind-numbingly boring, but I type fast enough and they’re such predictable and repetitive tasks that you can get a good rhythm going and be done in seemingly no time. I could do 300 in 20 minutes or less. (system/software speed permitting). Hell, this past inventory had me entering part numbers to check for variance – hundreds of them. But it was easy work and I was able to get into the flow pretty easily. I’d go stir crazy if I had to do this every day, but once in a while it’s nice to be able to sit and do something mindlessly predictable for a short while.

But then, I also keep pretty detailed iTunes album info, which often requires manual entry of album names, song names, artist names, years, track numbers, genres, album art, and all sorts of crap, so … I guess it’s just me. :slight_smile:

Good luck on the job hunt swampbear.

I myself have been on the hunt for a job since “the incident” that went down at work. I got called by another firm last Thursday- cold, I didn’t even submit a resume to these people. They did get my name from one of my “networking” contacts, so I can’t have a “big, swollen head” about it. WOOT! I have an interview today at 3PM (PDT).

On a side note, I do love iced tea. I haven’t found an instant that wasn’t all weird, but, my favorite hot tea make a fantastic iced tea- Good Earth Black Tea. Sweet without being sugary and enough caffeine to keep me going. :smiley:

Now off to figure out what to wear to my interview…

You know what’s a bad way to start a week? Warning, kitty TMI ahead. Going into the bathroom and finding blood splashed all over the litter box and dripping down the side. As I was trying to figure out who it was, Skunk comes in and, yep, it’s him. Blood shows up well on white fur. So off to the vet we go. Since his bladder was empty, I had to leave him there for a urinalysis, but it’s probably just cystitis. Since he’s there anyway, he’s getting the whole senior workup, which includes the urinalysis. Keisha keeps wondering where he is, although I can’t tell if she’s worried about him, or excited to have the house to herself. It’s awfully quiet in the house without him.

Rosie I’m so sorry. I’ll be keeping her and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

LV good look on the job interview.

Puggy that person must suffer a horrible fate. Perhaps bad hair days for the rest of his/her life. Or, papercuts every day. Yeah! That’d show 'em!

Ok, I applied for a couple jobs today. One of which I would even want. Tomorrow I get to go to GDOL and do stuff. Just for kicks I’m goin’ to take an aptitude test. Who knows, I might even learn sump’n bout myself. Last week I got to read to 'em off my green sheets. Tomorrow they actually want to see 'em. Weird people down there. It’ll entertain me for a while at least.

Oh and I requested a couple stock certificates today for some stock I own. I may or may not do anything with 'em but they’ll be in my safe deposit box should I decide I want to sell any stock down the road.

I am being taken out to supper tonight. We’re goin’ to the bad Chinese buffet. Makes me feel so special to get a call sayin’, “Let me take you out to the bad Chinese buffet tonight.” :smiley:

Hi, all. I’ve actually been out gallivanting – went to the credit union and deposited my check, then we went shopping for fabric for book covers and assorted other Stuff. We stopped at Five Below, too (which is kind of a dollar store except it’s a five dollar store) and I found a great cheap bag to use as my carry-on purse and all-purpose crapola bag when we fly to New Orleans next week. And it was only five dollars, surprise. :smiley: Lapin Blanc I also found nifty Nano covers – snap-open aluminum ones that actually have a little heft to them. Also for five dollars, surprise. :smiley: That’s such a tween store, but I do enjoy pretending I’m a tween now and then and browsing all the tchochkes and crapola. Especially the Hello Kitty stuff. :smiley:

Now I’m sitting here enjoying the fresh breeze through the open windows. It’s a lovely 76° out and you can smell the fragrance from all the blossoming trees. Yummy! I love the scent of spring!

I’m sorry to hear about your director’s sister, Rosie. My prayers for her family and friends.

“One hour” now means “one day”? Wow, someone needs to let the Naval Observatory know so they can reset the clocks and help us to start living our lives at a different pace! If I had a whole day to do what I usually do in one hour, my life would be VASTLY improved! Time warp, here I come!

Sorry to hear about your director’s sister, Rosie.

Advice: do not ever buy contractor grade linoleum. Ever. It was partly my fault; I let Mr. SCL go to Home Despot to get lino when I decided to take up the carpet in the carpeted half of the cat suite. Today in a burst of spring cleaning I decide to scrub the floor in the cat suite, which desperately needed it. Frickin’ tissue paper has more strength than this lino. It tore when I moved the couch on it - and the couch has the little slidey things on the feet! It has several unidentifiable rips in it. I might as well have glued down dollar bills - they probably would have lasted longer!

I swear I am going to take up all the lino, lock the cats in the bedroom for a day or two, and just paint the concrete floor.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Jahdra I hope your kitty is okay!

Just got back from downtown, and am trying to convince self to start work on thesis regardless of the lovely weather outside. I just want to roll around in the grass all day. Boo.

Whew - didn’t think I’d ever get here. **FCD ** came home early today - his car made a weird noise as he was driving to work, so he took it to our mechanic and came home to finish the plumbing. I got home and did some laundry, then started reading the MMP. Then we sorted thru the leftover plumbing pieces, matching them to their receipts for return. And I called my dentist and got my appointment changed from Apr 16 to tomorrow, which is good. And I read some more MMP, and moved the laundry to the dryer, and read some more, and my dryer just beeped, so I need to go empty it.

I don’t like iced tea of any flavor. I like hot tea with a little sweetener, but cold tea does nothing for me. And that’s about all I have to say about the OP.

Like **MamaTigs ** says, the weather is mucho gorgeous here in Merrylande, with more of the same tomorrow. Love open windows!!

And that’s about all I’ve got for now. Just another boring day in the life.

The carpet is vacuumed, the linoleum is wet mopped, and Maggie and I walked to the greenway and back. I am making salad, steak and baked **N.O.T.**s(with iced tea{sweet, with lemon}). I actually turned on the A/C today for a couple of hours.

Jahdra, I hope your kitty is OK.

Rosie, I am sorry about your director’s sister.

Jahdra, I hope the kitty is ok - I missed that earlier.

Mr. SCL is bringing home Chinese food for dinner, but that doesn’t let him off the hook for the crappy linoleum.

Jah let me add to the well wishes for the kitty.

Bad Chinese buffet has been et. Then I came home. ACBG has a bunch of paperwork to do tonight, poor thing. He said I could come over (I met him in town) but I’d just be too much of a distraction so I came back home. Was that TMI? I had a nice soak in my whirlpool bath tub whilst sippin’ on some peach iced tea, so I’m all clean and smell like herbal bathoil beads.

Oh, and we’re gonna have a cool down this week. Temps for Friday and Saturday will be high 60’s with lows in the 40’s! Easter will be low 70’s. Last week we had high 80’s most days and one day reached 90. Oh and we’ll have more rain which is bringin’ in this little cold front. Sounds like it will be nice to eat out on the back porch on Easter. So that means I need to scrub everything down out there.

And that’s your six day weather outlook from south Jawja. :smiley: